The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 17, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #19,651 of 23,720
Just got the U6t (new, b-stock), and I gave a brief listen to them paired with Plus Sound 2-wire spc cable in 4.4 balanced and iBasso DX300 w/amp12.

In terms of fit, U6t fits comfortably without any feeling of irritation. But, it does take some adjusting in an angled position to have them more securely seated in the ears.

Based on some brief listening in this setup with classical songs and some vocals, the U6t sounds just right (not overly sharp and not too soft in detail retrieval) for classical music and also for songs with instruments and vocals.

I think U6t presents music in a way that allows the listener to see and be a part of the process of the song/performance with a subtle touch of some warmth and musicality.

If the U12t is anything similar to the U6t in terms of its sound presentation and tonality, then, I’d be happy to have the U6t alongside my VE8 as my go-to iems and sell off the rest of my iems.

More impressions to follow on U6t with PS 8-wire gold-plated hybrid cable paired with DX300 w/amp12 and also with DX220 w/amp8 soon.

49FFD605-2A2C-4F1E-8ED2-64EC0EF9B99C.jpegE8AAC223-BAE6-48AC-825F-115719380F5D.jpeg
609C1EB3-4056-491E-BA15-0F1454DB2523.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #19,652 of 23,720
Just got the U6t (new, b-stock) five hours ago, and I gave a brief listen to them paired with Plus Sound 2-wire spc cable in 4.4 balanced and iBasso DX300 w/amp12.

In terms of fit, U6t fits comfortably without any feeling of irritation. But, it does take some adjusting in an angled position to have them more securely seated in the ears.

Based on some brief listening in this setup with classical songs and some vocals, the U6t sounds just right for classical music and also for songs with instruments and vocals.

I think U6t presents music in a way that allows the listener to see and be a part of the process of the song/performance with a subtle touch of some warmth and musicality.

If the U12t is anything similar to the U6t in terms of its sound presentation and tonality, then, I’d be happy to have the U6t alongside my VE8 as my go-to iems and sell off the rest of my iems.

More impressions to follow on U6t with PS 8-wire gold-plated hybrid cable paired with DX300 w/amp12 and also with DX220 w/amp8 in next post.

49FFD605-2A2C-4F1E-8ED2-64EC0EF9B99C.jpegE8AAC223-BAE6-48AC-825F-115719380F5D.jpeg
609C1EB3-4056-491E-BA15-0F1454DB2523.jpeg
I completely agree except I am using the stock cable... for now. I may change to one from Effect Audio. I am not the biggest fan of the stock cable.

Mar 17, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #19,653 of 23,720
The stock cable that came with my U12t didn't really do the trick so I went ahead and got a 4.4 Virtuoso cable. And magic. I'm not someone who collects headphones so the only pair I'll ever own are these. No regrets.
The 12t pretty much fits the description of "the only pair you'll ever need. That said, most copper/spc hybrid cables have excellent synergy if you don't want to break the bank.

Or go nuts and put PWA Orpheus on it

64 audio stuff has really handled the test of time. I use my A12t daily and they’re just excellent even compared to a lot of the newer stuff coming out nowadays.
I'm still baffled by the confidence of what you use your A12t for. My level of daring only goes up to hike in the trails. Beyond that, it's Galaxy Buds or the A3.

What you are experiencing is the ‘hedonic treadmill’ DMS has an excellent video on this wrt headphones but it applies to IEMS also- we all experience ‘getting used to then getting bored with’ the sound of HPs or IEMs we love (note this is not to do with one’s we hate from ‘hello’). After a while we need to set them aside and listen to another set that we haven’t listened to for a while. Often we discover and fall in love again because we see them in a totally new way- for me this occurred with Final A4000s recently which I had never really loved but when I tried them again with Azla Sedna Earfits which fit my ear like a glove they suddenly came alive with more bass impact than I had ever heard from them. I strongly recommend a viewing of the video
I think the ideal number of sets to have is 2 just to jolt yourself every once in a while.

Jumped back to the 12t a couple days ago after a week or so of the Odin. And things sounded off somehow, I chalked it off to not quite up to the weather.

So many iem's and only 2 ears :dt880smile::floatsmile::o2smile:
I learnt this nugget of wisdom after a week of having difficulty choosing between 5 iems.

Received the U12t a few days ago. Phenomenal resolution and detail retrieval.
Just bought U6T
But U12T next
You like them ... 🤔
Next is the A12t 😏

Mar 17, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #19,654 of 23,720
The 12t pretty much fits the description of "the only pair you'll ever need. That said, most copper/spc hybrid cables have excellent synergy if you don't want to break the bank.

Or go nuts and put PWA Orpheus on it

I'm still baffled by the confidence of what you use your A12t for. My level of daring only goes up to hike in the trails. Beyond that, it's Galaxy Buds or the A3.

I think the ideal number of sets to have is 2 just to jolt yourself every once in a while.

Jumped back to the 12t a couple days ago after a week or so of the Odin. And things sounded off somehow, I chalked it off to not quite up to the weather.

I learnt this nugget of wisdom after a week of having difficulty choosing between 5 iems.

Next is the A12t 😏
Narrowing down to two iems (either VE8 and U6t, or VE8 and U12t) is what I am going for, as my IER-Z1R no longer has warranty, cannot get a replacement (when it breaks) from Sony, and cannot be repaired by any third party out-of-warranty services. So, I guess I will have to keep getting the most use out of it until it breaks.

As for the U6t though, I have it fitted with Radius deep mount silicone tips (large), but the thing that keeps me from using it for work is maintaining a consistent seal, as the store and warehouse can get fairly hot in spring and summer, and sweat makes the iem shell/nozzle lose firm grip/contact from the ear. I think I might have to go back to AirPods for work, and just use the U6t for brief casual listening at home.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #19,656 of 23,720
I am using larger SpinFit tips, they seem to be the best, for now. I have yet to try the foams that were included. I also may try Comply's. I am not sure yet.

Mar 17, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #19,657 of 23,720
With just three songs in, Soul Sacrifice by Santana (1969 Woodstock live), Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin, and Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto no. 2 in c minor (op. 18: moderato), the U6t paired with PS 8-wire gold plated hybrid in 4.4 to DX220 w/amp8 gives slightly wider staging, more defined placement of instruments and positioning of the performer, albeit with its own limitations when compared to flagship iems. But, I feel the U6t strongly holds its own well for what it does and much more from an otherworldly sense of enjoyment it brings.

3513D16D-B14C-4940-9A01-1AABB8685EF1.jpeg

Mar 17, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #19,658 of 23,720
Just another shot after some break-in. The detail is amazing! I can not wait to break-in is complete.

IMG_0345.JPG
What DAP is this ? is this DX240 ? what case are you using ?

Mar 17, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #19,661 of 23,720
With just three songs in, Soul Sacrifice by Santana (1969 Woodstock live), Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin, and Sergei Rachmaninov - Piano Concerto no. 2 in c minor (op. 18: moderato), the U6t paired with PS 8-wire gold plated hybrid in 4.4 to DX220 w/amp8 gives slightly wider staging, more defined placement of instruments and positioning of the performer, albeit with its own limitations when compared to flagship iems. But, I feel the U6t strongly holds its own well for what it does and much more from an otherworldly sense of enjoyment it brings.

3513D16D-B14C-4940-9A01-1AABB8685EF1.jpeg
Hi. :xf_cool:
I am deciding to buy U12t or U6t.
Do you can compare this two IEMs?

Mar 17, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #19,662 of 23,720
Hi. :xf_cool:
I am deciding to buy U12t or U6t.
Do you can compare this two IEMs?
Hi psuedomagick,

I have not heard the U12t, as U6t is the only 64 Audio iem I have heard so far.

What I can say is the U6t has an overall fairly ‘balanced’ sound, with a slight emphasis on lean tone, that goes for good detail retrieval and dynamics for its price point.

As for the U12t, I have only read other people’s impressions here in the forum.

And, for comparisons, a U12t will most likely be my next purchase sometime in May, as I need to spend more time with the U6t.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #19,663 of 23,720
Hi psuedomagick,

I have not heard the U12t, as U6t is the only 64 Audio iem I have heard so far.

What I can say is that the U6t has an overall fairly ‘balanced’ sound, with a slight lean tone, that goes for good detail retrieval and dynamics for its price point.

As for the U12t, I have only read other people’s impressions here in the forum.

And, for comparisons, a U12t will most likely be my next purchase sometime in May, as I need to spend more time with the U6t.
I'll know soon
Couldn't resist and just bought a pair of U12T
Now let's wait, see and next enjoy

Mar 18, 2022 at 4:57 AM Post #19,664 of 23,720
Had another close listen to the U6t with PS 8-wire gold plated hybrid in 4.4 on DX300 w/amp12, and I found the sound to open up a little with more body and texture, as I listened to more songs with instruments and vocals. Particularly, with jazz, texture is slightly finer edged with a bit of softened transition of decay in instruments, and instruments can sound not as well separated/defined when there are more instruments being played at a faster tempo one after the other or when many instruments are being played at once in busier tracks.

Imaging and staging are also more upfront in presenting instruments and vocals where they should be and pan to left, center and right on stage and also at the front and second row from stage, and can go a bit further out from the ears with decent space and width. However, height and air are not as well presented, unless the volume knob was turned up more, which would be dependent on sensitivity/comfort of the listener’s hearing.

Despite some minor drawbacks, the U6t is a decent ‘all-rounder’ and a strong performer much in a similar way the VE8 is with most genres, and both are here to stay in my collection for a great long while, that is until another uiem offers significant step of improvement in sound and ergonomics with similar qualities in tonality and enjoyment factor.

C035D7A9-7CD1-4EB2-B295-81778820F9E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #19,665 of 23,720
Any nio-es here? I'm very happy with nio both in terms of aesthetics and sound, very impressive with Hugo, even the Ru6
C1F6D01C-30FA-4731-AEED-AEEE5C59C51C.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back