The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #16,966 of 23,560
I'm about to send my Nio back to 64 Audio for the second time here. The first time I sent it back was what sounded to me like a frequency response imbalance where the mids on the left channel appears to be sucked out which made the vocals skewed to the right.

Turnaround time was about 3 weeks and got it back early last week. They told me it was related to a seal issue with the left IEM and they re-sealed it in several spots. On initial listen, the mids were somewhat back but vocals are still skewed somewhat. Then something interesting happened last Saturday when I was listening to it, the mids on the left channel suddenly appears and now my vocals are dead center. Probably an issue with the mids drivers or sign of the drivers failing. Well let's see what 64 Audio support team has to say on this and what solution we can come up with. Although it is working fine now, I am afraid that this won't be permanent and god knows what will happen down the line or when I am out of warranty coverage.

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #16,968 of 23,560
@tisquinn I just ordered a B-stock Fourte from 64 Audio, so of course this is the first post I see! I hope to be fortunate enough to avoid those kinds of issues. Your experience also makes me feel confident about the purchase, because while not entirely optimal, overall I'd honestly consider yours to be a decently positive experienc due to the positive result. It's good to know they honor the warranty on B-stocks for defects that result in malfunctioning/non-functioning.
Yeah, they were definitely going to make sure it worked out in the end, even if the journey there wasn’t what I hoped! Also their repairs are way way less than the discount in price, so even worse case scenario something happens out of warranty, it’s again inconvenient but still a savings relative to sticker price. Glad the long story gave you some peace of mind!

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #16,969 of 23,560
I'm about to send my Nio back to 64 Audio for the second time here. The first time I sent it back was what sounded to me like a frequency response imbalance where the mids on the left channel appears to be sucked out which made the vocals skewed to the right.

Turnaround time was about 3 weeks and got it back early last week. They told me it was related to a seal issue with the left IEM and they re-sealed it in several spots. On initial listen, the mids were somewhat back but vocals are still skewed somewhat. Then something interesting happened last Saturday when I was listening to it, the mids on the left channel suddenly appears and now my vocals are dead center. Probably an issue with the mids drivers or sign of the drivers failing. Well let's see what 64 Audio support team has to say on this and what solution we can come up with. Although it is working fine now, I am afraid that this won't be permanent and god knows what will happen down the line or when I am out of warranty coverage.
How old are your Nios? Sorry they’ve had issues! Fwiw (not much since I’m not an engineer!) there are a lot of smaller things that could be going wrong besides a driver failure. Hopefully it’s something easy!

Apr 27, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #16,970 of 23,560
How old are your Nios? Sorry they’ve had issues! Fwiw (not much since I’m not an engineer!) there are a lot of smaller things that could be going wrong besides a driver failure. Hopefully it’s something easy!

It is really new actually got it back in March. Sent it back within 2 weeks of owning it and now I'm preparing to send it back again. Hopefully they are able to sort it out and I can finally enjoy them.

Apr 27, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #16,971 of 23,560

Just so you know, if both your APEX plugs arent out by exactly the same amount, you will get an image that is shifted to one side, ie one side with have greater sound stage. Just my two cents.

I actually fix that permanently on my a12t by using some extra o-ring underneath the plugs to lift both APEX by the same amount.

Apr 27, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #16,972 of 23,560
@64Audio Is it a safe time to commit to a custom A12T? You're not going to spring a new updated version on me anytime soon?
We have no plans on updating the A12t at all currently.
Now is a great time to order them!

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #16,974 of 23,560
We have no plans on updating the A12t at all currently.
Now is a great time to order them!
Thanks!
I think he meant to ask when you’re dropping the next new IEM 😈
Bit of both really.

Finally order a A12T and they come out with some hybrid custom option with a DD bass, I'd be pretty dirty (cranky).

So I'm asking one, last, time. No new custom options coming out anytime soon @64Audio ?

And @CL14715 - How do you rate the U18S to the others you have?

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #16,975 of 23,560
Apr 27, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #16,976 of 23,560
Thanks!

Bit of both really.

Finally order a A12T and they come out with some hybrid custom option with a DD bass, I'd be pretty dirty (cranky).

So I'm asking one, last, time. No new custom options coming out anytime soon @64Audio ?

U18s is a warm, very resolving IEM with great bass.

It’s more laid back and less technical than Odin.

I prefer U18s to the Fourte Noir, Nio and Trio. U12T is leaner, more detailed and has similar bass. It’s basically a decision whether you want extreme detail and near perfect tuning (U12T) or a laid back but resolving experience (U18s) with the same degree of tonal balance.

Apr 27, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #16,977 of 23,560
Thanks!

Bit of both really.

I don’t think 64audio just announce new iems like that on a forum lol.

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #16,978 of 23,560
I don’t think 64audio just announce new iems like that on a forum lol.
Not when you get in their head about it. Shhhhh.

Need to finesse this sort of information out of a IEM company in the wild. Watch and learn.

Apr 27, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #16,980 of 23,560
Not when you get in their head about it. Shhhhh.

Need to finesse this sort of information out of a IEM company in the wild. Watch and learn.
Speaking of which. This $6k is burning a hole in my pocket... I‘D SURE HATE TO BUY TRAILLII IF 64 AUDIO HAS A CONTENDER ON THE HORIZON.

WINK WINK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back