The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Apr 5, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #16,727 of 23,565
If I’m just listening to music through my lightning dongle on my iPhone, would I notice a HUGE difference between the Trio and Forte? I feel like I’m missing out by not having a DAP or Tidal HiFi anymore.
You may potentially hear the effect of the output impedance of the headphone amp in the iPhone more with the Fourté than the trio.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Apr 5, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #16,728 of 23,565
Hey! The stock cable on my U12T has started to cut the sound on the right IEM. Its a bad connection close to the connector. Have to find out if its the cable itself or a solder issue.

Is there a way to open the 3.5 mm connector on the stock cable?? It seems like it can be unscrewed, but i will not try until i know it for sure.

Im a little bit shockdd about the stock cable. I have really treated my U12T as a pet since i got it and only used it in bed. Hopefully the connector can be opened?! 😃

Thanks
Hi, it is most likely pretty difficult to open that connector for you are more than welcome to open it up and re-solder the connection. As with most small wires, the solder point is always the weakest link even with good strain relief. If you have more questions please do email us support@64audio.com

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #16,729 of 23,565
I use the stock cable with my Trio, and haven't had this problem. Rather than ditch the cable I ditched the hard case which came with the IEMs. It was too much trouble to set the IEMs in then carefully wind the cable around the spool. I bought a semi-hard case and one of those mesh bags Campfire Audio provides with their IEMs. IEMs go in the mesh bag, cable gets wound gently around three fingers, then both get stacked in the case and the case is zipped closed. Cables are never bent at the strain reliefs this way.

My two cents.

Apr 5, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #16,730 of 23,565
Guys looking for cases...

Dignis Arca.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #16,731 of 23,565
Hey! The stock cable on my U12T has started to cut the sound on the right IEM. Its a bad connection close to the connector. Have to find out if its the cable itself or a solder issue.

Is there a way to open the 3.5 mm connector on the stock cable?? It seems like it can be unscrewed, but i will not try until i know it for sure.

Im a little bit shockdd about the stock cable. I have really treated my U12T as a pet since i got it and only used it in bed. Hopefully the connector can be opened?! 😃

Thanks

If you’re talking about the premium cable then it can be unscrewed and resoldered. It’s a relatively easy task if you’ve soldered cables before and have all the necessary tools (iron, solder, flux, helping hands, multimeter, etc). If not it’s probably best to send it in under warranty.

Either way good luck :)

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #16,732 of 23,565
Thankfully that's not an issue with Fourte. Noir would likely sound more balanced and less midbass 'thick' with an M15 instead of M20.

Hmm that would be a blessing. Is Noir known to have M20 equivalent inside? I wonder if I can send Noir to 64 to get the internals replaced with M15 equivalent?

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #16,733 of 23,565
If you’re talking about the premium cable then it can be unscrewed and resoldered. It’s a relatively easy task if you’ve soldered cables before and have all the necessary tools (iron, solder, flux, helping hands, multimeter, etc). If not it’s probably best to send it in under warranty.

Either way good luck :)
Yes, it is the premium cable. I think im not inside the warranty period if its one year? Well, it would be better if i could send the cable to @64Audio , but if i cant or it gets to expensive (Ive live in Norway), i need to DIY.

I have a good Weller solder station that i forgot to delivery back to school 16 years ago.🙈 Strated to use IT again when i found it in my cellar some years ago, so I have repaired alot of cables, change gitar pickup for friend etc.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #16,734 of 23,565
Yes, it is the premium cable. I think im not inside the warranty period if its one year? Well, it would be better if i could send the cable to @64Audio , but if i cant or it gets to expensive (Ive live in Norway), i need to DIY.

I have a good Weller solder station that i forgot to delivery back to school 16 years ago.🙈 Strated to use IT again when i found it in my cellar some years ago, so I have repaired alot of cables, change gitar pickup for friend etc.
Just buy a couple 2pin connectors from ebay/alibaba and do it yourself. Will be easier and will work alright, specially if you're using the stock cable. Not a big pocket hit if you mess it up. 64A stock Premium and Stage cables use the same wiring. Cheap ones.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #16,735 of 23,565
Hmm that would be a blessing. Is Noir known to have M20 equivalent inside? I wonder if I can send Noir to 64 to get the internals replaced with M15 equivalent?
Yes Noir has a built in M20. You could ask 64 Audio but I can't imagine they'd do that to their own design, or even how it would influence the tuning. You never know though. Would be interesting to hear what they say.

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #16,736 of 23,565
These just arrived. Am excited to hear how they sound and compare them to the Fourte OG. Will post some impressions once I have some time with them.

0A18A24B-551E-47CF-87E7-536EB5B49CE0.jpeg

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #16,737 of 23,565
These just arrived. Am excited to hear how they sound and compare them to the Fourte OG. Will post some impressions once I have some time with them.

0A18A24B-551E-47CF-87E7-536EB5B49CE0.jpeg

I'm curious about your thoughts vs the Fourte OG. My 18s just passed 100hours and I am enjoying this set a lot. Coming from headphones and few years in IEM journey, most recently with Noir, MEST, Z1R, this is probably the set with the least areas to pick and complain. All my music (mostly) comes in as I expect it to sound. Mids and treble are outstanding. Vocals and instrument tonality/timbre is excellent. U18s seems to have a wider stage contrasting from intimate presentation of Noirs. Still in honeymoon days :grin: Enjoy!

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #16,738 of 23,565
I'm curious about your thoughts vs the Fourte OG. My 18s just passed 100hours and I am enjoying this set a lot. Coming from headphones and few years in IEM journey, most recently with Noir, MEST, Z1R, this is probably the set with the least areas to pick and complain. All my music (mostly) comes in as I expect it to sound. Mids and treble are outstanding. Vocals and instrument tonality/timbre is excellent. U18s seems to have a wider stage contrasting from intimate presentation of Noirs. Still in honeymoon days :grin: Enjoy!
Thanks, I’m just on < 1 hour play time haha. I need to get more time to familiarize with the new sets, so I shall refrain from any sound comments until after at least 50 hours or more. However, based on initial listen, I find the U18s is unlike any other 64 Audio universals I have tried. They have a smooth and non-fatiguing sound that should play well with any music. They are not bright sounding at all, and have a warmish but very clear sound; not as warm as Nio but definitely warmer than U12t, Trio as well as Fourte. Will post more impressions later.

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #16,739 of 23,565
U18s seems to have a wider stage contrasting from intimate presentation of Noirs
Looking forward to impressions as these get into people’s hands. Particularly in regards to the above, as I find Noir amongst the widest IEMs and quite far from intimate. Perhaps second only to the OG at least in the 64 lineup

Apr 6, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #16,740 of 23,565
Some non-sound comments.

The stock cable is much much better than the standard Premium cable in the past. It is an 8-wire silver plated copper cable in white color. It’s very similar to the black Fourte Noir stock cable but is just a hair thicker and slightly tighter braided (still feels lighter than and not as thick as normal 8-wire). Does not tangle as easily and non microphonic.

The included custom SpinFit tips look like they are CP145 in black color. I initially thought from photo they were CP500 but I was wrong. CP500 has larger 5.5mm bore size while these are smaller 4.5mm bore size and shaped just like the CP145.

B03D8FC7-21FD-4AEA-9DAC-2CD8D8C88EAD.jpeg

52B21BD8-2B78-4C14-B9C3-7671FA287D5F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back