The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #16,291 of 23,608
I really want to wait for the 64 offerings, but the MEST MKII has my attention. Gonna wait for reviews to come in on all models before I decide.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #16,294 of 23,608
🙂 I am saving 64a has 3 new iems on the way need a lot of money to buy all that in one shot 😛
Maybe there is a flagship hiding there 🤩😍

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #16,295 of 23,608
Mar 14, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #16,296 of 23,608
Hey guys, quick question, has anyone had the mesh screen of their Fourte's warp or pop out? (I know it's happened before on various 64 Audio IEMs but I'm asking about Fourte specifically).

Also, has anyone tried to self-repair it?

It's going to be an expensive round trip via courier to the US to glue on a tiny piece of mesh... 😐

Mar 14, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #16,297 of 23,608
Hey guys, quick question, has anyone had the mesh screen of their Fourte's warp or pop out? (I know it's happened before on various 64 Audio IEMs but I'm asking about Fourte specifically).

It's going to be an expensive round trip via courier to the US to glue on a tiny piece of mesh... 😐
Get some tips with mesh on them? Or does it affect the tuning?

Mar 14, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #16,298 of 23,608
Get some tips with mesh on them? Or does it affect the tuning?
Thanks, that is a fix, but it's a band aid on a $3500 IEM. I'd rather have it working to spec (though the mesh doesn't affect the tuning, changing tips very much does, and I have specific tips I like to use).

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #16,299 of 23,608

Sorry about your Fourte’s mesh problem.

How did it happened and is the mesh still intact? Not sure how bad is it but I think it’s best to send it back to 64 Audio to fix it.

I don’t have any problem with the mesh on my new set but did encountered a badly damaged mesh and nozzle on a used set before. I managed to put the mesh back inside the nozzle but the broken small ring piece just would not stay securely anymore. Hope it is not as bad as this.

7F007F47-6FFB-4838-9107-75D9F57EEE92.jpeg

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #16,300 of 23,608
Sorry about your Fourte’s mesh problem.

How did it happened and is the mesh still intact? Not sure how bad is it but I think it’s best to send it back to 64 Audio to fix it.

I don’t have any problem with the mesh on my new set but did encountered a badly damaged mesh and nozzle on a used set before. I managed to put the mesh back inside the nozzle but the broken small ring piece just would not stay securely anymore. Hope it is not as bad as this.

7F007F47-6FFB-4838-9107-75D9F57EEE92.jpeg
Well the mesh has completely come off. It's still in the nozzle but if I tilt the IEM down it'll fall out. I only noticed it this morning when I went to gently clean the debris off the mesh with the cleaning tool. The one side of the mesh looked very dark, and as I touched it with the scraper I could see it was the mesh itself bent inward. Another touch and the whole mesh came off. Can't see a ring anywhere to hold it in place. I'll send @64Audio an email but just wanted to check if anyone had a DIY repair experience before as it's a pricey DHL courier trip to the US.

PS. The mesh design is a real weak point of all current 64 universals unfortunately.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #16,301 of 23,608
Well the mesh has completely come off. It's still in the nozzle but if I tilt the IEM down it'll fall out. I only noticed it this morning when I went to gently clean the debris off the mesh with the cleaning tool. The one side of the mesh looked very dark, and as I touched it with the scraper I could see it was the mesh itself bent inward. Another touch and the whole mesh came off. Can't see a ring anywhere to hold it in place. I'll send @64Audio an email but just wanted to check if anyone had a DIY repair experience before as it's a pricey DHL courier trip to the US.

PS. The mesh design is a real weak point of all current 64 universals unfortunately.
Yes the mesh is quite delicate and soft. The mesh is held in place by some kind of a ring piece at top of the nozzle. This piece is molded/coated as an integrated part of the nozzle. If it is not broken (as like the example I gave), i would imagine it would be very difficult to put back the mesh. Also, the mesh is supposed to rest right on top of the tia high driver, so you could run the risk of damaging the tia driver. Better not to mess with it imo in this case.

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #16,302 of 23,608
Yes the mesh is quite delicate and soft. The mesh is held in place by some kind of a ring piece at top of the nozzle. This piece is molded/coated as an integrated part of the nozzle. If it is not broken (as like the example I gave), i would imagine it would be very difficult to put back the mesh. Also, the mesh is supposed to rest right on top of the tia high driver, so you could run the risk of damaging the tia driver. Better not to mess with it imo in this case.
Yep I definitely don't plan to. Such a PITA though. Thankfully I have other IEMs to keep me company while it's in hospital.

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #16,304 of 23,608

I would say it is true need to be extra careful with the mesh as it seems to get loosen with time. I had few 64a iems that had the mesh slightly shifting forward and back. Though I was super careful and never gave it pressure toward the buttom to not agravate the issue.

Cleaning with the brush isn't the best way.
What I do is I clean my iems with a vaac and a needle.
I also clean them after long session use so the wax is soft like slush and it all get sucked in like slush puppy 🤣 and everything is clean and spotless without any effort.

I use the needle to carefully clean the contour around the mesh... Like slide the needle gently to remove any accumulation there on the wall and mesh as the vaac cannot reach there.

This way I always have top notch clean and fully performing iems.
I do this once a week I don't go crazy on it.

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #16,305 of 23,608
I would say it is true need to be extra careful with the mesh as it seems to get loosen with time. I had few 64a iems that had the mesh slightly shifting forward and back. Though I was super careful and never gave it pressure toward the buttom to not agravate the issue.

Cleaning with the brush isn't the best way.
What I do is I clean my iems with a vaac and a needle.
I also clean them after long session use so the wax is soft like slush and it all get sucked in like slush puppy 🤣 and everything is clean and spotless without any effort.

I use the needle to carefully clean the contour around the mesh... Like slide the needle gently to remove any accumulation there on the wall and mesh as the vaac cannot reach there.

This way I always have top notch clean and fully performing iems.
I do this once a week I don't go crazy on it.
Agree, the brush is quite stiff. Be careful cleaning the mesh and don’t poke with force. The mesh is very thin and not that strongly held in place. Best is to use the IEM Vac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back