The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 17, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #15,946 of 23,560
I prefer the Azla Sedna short lights to the stock tips. We are all a bit different, probably allot different when it comes to tips.

Agree, we are all different and it is also a preference of the sound we like.

For me I prefer the smoother sound from the stock tips. Other tips make the sound brighter and more forward or accentuate bass too much or both. At least that is what I find on the Fourte for my preference. As always, YMMV.

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #15,947 of 23,560
There is none I found that sounds as good and balanced as the stock 64a silicon.
Here what I did I cut out a cylinder eartip of a comply foam and did a perfect trim to fit flush and not too fat, so it sits naturally inside the tip.

You can see its almost same size of the internal diameter... It doesn't make ear canal pressure either cause I made sure to not compress it inside and leave room for letting it to contract and detract.
The bottom is flush with the rubber bore.

The results are best available isolation and comfort. It is important to trim accordingly to each eartip size!

One thing I can't modify is the slippery tip he, after many hours 0f ware it get all waxy waxy and it rotates and slides. Maybe some smooth gentle grooves on the hat could help to prevent this?

This by far my best work and its so solide its like a genuine hybrid 😁🤩

PXL_20210217_172838931~2.jpgPXL_20210217_173015536~2.jpg
Nice job. You got me interested to try this :slight_smile:

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #15,948 of 23,560
Agree, we are all different and it is also a preference of the sound we like.

For me I prefer the smoother sound from the stock tips. Other tips make the sound brighter and more forward or accentuate bass too much or both. At least that is what I find on the Fourte for my preference. As always, YMMV.
I agree. I did notice the bass pick up with the Sedna’s, but still in harmony with the rest of the range. I actually liked them better this way. Tks

Feb 17, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #15,949 of 23,560
I agree. I did notice the bass pick up with the Sedna’s, but still in harmony with the rest of the range. I actually liked them better this way. Tks

What iem, cable, dap you use?

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:33 AM Post #15,951 of 23,560
@DavidS11 and I were discussing the Fourte. I Primarily use the N8, but also Hugo 2 and Dragonfly red on iPhone. I have the Effect Audio Leo 2 attached to the Fourte.

Are you asking me what is my favorite IEM?
Nice setup!

I kind of regretted buying tons of aftermarket tips only to end up preferring the stock tips still. Telling myself not to buy any more!

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #15,952 of 23,560
Nice setup!

I kind of regretted buying tons of aftermarket tips only to end up preferring the stock tips still. Telling myself not to buy any more!
That's why I went CIEM. I realized I was spending too much in tips and not getting a seal and comfort that would last more than an hour. But sometimes I miss the tip rolling game.

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #15,953 of 23,560
That's why I went CIEM. I realized I was spending too much in tips and not getting a seal and comfort that would last more than an hour. But sometimes I miss the tip rolling game.
Ya, both types have their pros and cons. Waiting for 64 to come out with a Fourte ciem with new tech to solve acoustic chamber sound tuning in custom form :sweat_smile:

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:36 AM Post #15,954 of 23,560
To ask the question again, in case anyone has had experience....with other brands that have both custom and universal versions of the same IEM (eg. EE LX or VE Elysium) are there known to be differences in sound between the two versions?

Feb 18, 2021 at 5:46 AM Post #15,955 of 23,560
Not sure about other brands, but 64 Audio customs seem consistently darker than their universals, if the measurements are anything to go by (and anecdotally the A12t is definitely darker than the U12t).

graph (75).png

graph (77).png

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:01 AM Post #15,956 of 23,560
To ask the question again, in case anyone has had experience....with other brands that have both custom and universal versions of the same IEM (eg. EE LX or VE Elysium) are there known to be differences in sound between the two versions
Custom Art try to keep the differences between universal and ciem as minimal as possible.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:03 AM Post #15,957 of 23,560
To ask the question again, in case anyone has had experience....with other brands that have both custom and universal versions of the same IEM (eg. EE LX or VE Elysium) are there known to be differences in sound between the two versions?
I think @Vitaly2017 commented about the EE Phantom. I can't comment because the gap between trying the LX and getting the CIEM was about 6 months.

Feb 18, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #15,958 of 23,560
Not sure about other brands, but 64 Audio customs seem consistently darker than their universals, if the measurements are anything to go by (and anecdotally the A12t is definitely darker than the U12t).

64 Audio should include a copy of the test results with each custom monitor to substantiate the monitors are within the spec of their target curves. 64 Audio claimed they test each custom pair in a promo video so the data is available. And its not an unreasonable suggestion to provide the results, in fact, Sennheiser has done this for many years and issued the graphs for every pair on a printed card or USB flash stick (e.g. the HD 800 series).

I have doubts about my A18S and they seem too dark/congested. While still generally excellent, I can’t imagine it’s the tuning 64 Audio intended.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #15,959 of 23,560
We need to be specific here and possibly need to differentiate between two things which I do not believe to be one and the same:
- a universal demo of a CIEM should sound very close to if not similar to what the CIEM will (e.g., A12t demo vs finished custom)
- all universal models should test and sound almost identical (e.g., one U12t vs another U12t)

I am not aware of claims that the retail universal versions sound identical to their CIEM sibling (e.g., A12t vs U12t)

Feb 18, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #15,960 of 23,560
We need to be specific here and possibly need to differentiate between two things which I do not believe to be one and the same:
- a universal demo of a CIEM should sound very close to if not similar to what the CIEM will (e.g., A12t demo vs finished custom)
- all universal models should test and sound almost identical (e.g., one U12t vs another U12t)

I am not aware of claims that the retail universal versions sound identical to their CIEM sibling (e.g., A12t vs U12t)
True, AFAIK 64 Audio hasn't claimed the A12t or A18t sound identical to their universal equivalents. That said, if they claim the U12t is used to demo the A12t, that would suggest similar (if not identical) sound between the two, which we know not to be the case, both from measurements and anecdotally. That said, I haven't seen them state the U12t is the A12t demo, likewise the U18t for A18t. Both A12t and A18t should have their own not-for-resale DEMO models, which in turn should sound slightly different to the retail universal models.

Not sure if this is also the case with other manufacturers, so I'd also like to know the answer to @xenithon's original question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back