The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jan 3, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #15,301 of 23,565
Just switched out Utopia for Fourte. My gawd the soundstage is awesome. Listening with Symbio Peel tips.

Jan 3, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #15,302 of 23,565
Just switched out Utopia for Fourte. My gawd the soundstage is awesome. Listening with Symbio Peel tips.

Indeed it’s great. It has a huge space with accurate placement of vocals and instruments. Best I’ve heard. My new set is still in run-in period and I’m very happy with its bass/mid/treble quality, no complaints at all so far. The Fourte's sound quality is fantastic.

Jan 3, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #15,303 of 23,565
Your posts always put a big grin on my face.
Wish you could come to CanJam London (assuming it happens!); what a blast that would be :D
What's that 'slender' looking cable you're rocking there? :laughing:

I would love that one day 🙃😃 I will bring Tiger Ears Tshirts and ear hats hehe for everyone 🤩

Noir and cable colors do not coordinate well. So not endgame.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha but sounds so good!

That's a thick cable! Which one is that? (Sorry if you mentioned before)
I had the 8 wire version of it but didn’t love it personally, a little too traditionally bright for me

Not at all! The Symbiote elite 19 is not bright and not like any other silver cable. This is a silver cable that sounds like a copper but with silver cable pure performance.

This cable also has outstanding transparancy and fidelity, it makes everything sound immensely refined and open and uncompressed.
It fixed my noirs mid bass boost and made vocals more.seductive and slightly thicker, treble is delicate and smooth 0 harshness and brightness like one would think of silver.

The biggest key features of this cable is, fidelity, accuracy and naturalness. It elevates the sound perception so much that your ears will torn and cry when you go back to lesser quality cables.

I know its thick and big and not as comfortable as a thinner gage. This cable has less microphonics than any cable I had also its very flexible. It has an excellent rubbery feel finish. This is one of the best cable I ever tried honestly.

Jan 3, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #15,304 of 23,565
Not at all! The Symbiote elite 19 is not bright and not like any other silver cable. This is a silver cable that sounds like a copper but with silver cable pure performance.

This cable also has outstanding transparancy and fidelity, it makes everything sound immensely refined and open and uncompressed.
It fixed my noirs mid bass boost and made vocals more.seductive and slightly thicker, treble is delicate and smooth 0 harshness and brightness like one would think of silver.

The biggest key features of this cable is, fidelity, accuracy and naturalness. It elevates the sound perception so much that your ears will torn and cry when you go back to lesser quality cables.

I know its thick and big and not as comfortable as a thinner gage. This cable has less microphonics than any cable I had also its very flexible. It has an excellent rubbery feel finish. This is one of the best cable I ever tried honestly.

Totally agree. Thicker gauge wires bring more substantial improvements to the sound (provided that you’re ok with the comfort). Large pure silver cable will provide greater transparency, larger dynamics and yet still smooth and natural. I did use a silver cable with my Trio back then, and I remember it actually made the treble more natural sounding.

Jan 3, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #15,305 of 23,565
Just spent the last couple of hours listening to my A18s and Chord Hugo2 combo. Just WOW! These have to be heard together guys. With the H2 the soundstage and resolution are there with no sibilance whatsoever...no matter the source. I have TBs of DSD, FLAC 24/192, ALAC files and an Oppo Blu-ray player but nothing really special and the transport doesn't seem to matter. I'm sure the recordings matter too but I even have the stock cable on my A18s. These are a definitely a keeper for me.

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #15,307 of 23,565
My u12t came with three apex modules, is that normal? I swear I got the MX as well.

Yes, the newer versions (after the rebrand et al) do include it I believe, as per last item on this list...

7A87571C-33DC-455C-B289-6A77801D4925.jpeg

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #15,309 of 23,565
Can’t help in terms of amp / dac as I’m not personally familiar with a few of those. Apex wise though my preference is the M15; it haves sufficient weight without too much bloom in the midbass, and allows the U12t’s three dimensionality to shine.

I find the M20 a bit too thick, and the MX neuters the bass too much for my liking.

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #15,310 of 23,565
Can’t help in terms of amp / dac as I’m not personally familiar with a few of those. Apex wise though my preference is the M15; it haves sufficient weight without too much bloom in the midbass, and allows the U12t’s three dimensionality to shine.

I find the M20 a bit too thick, and the MX neuters the bass too much for my liking.

which one is the m15?

Jan 4, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #15,313 of 23,565
I have the HD800 (non-S) and use it exclusively with the R8, yes. I think it has terrific synergy, and the MSEB feature works a treat to tweak the sound if and where desired.

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #15,314 of 23,565
What ear tips do people use? I am looking for some aftermarket ones for my U12t.
We've traditionally offer a very short silicone ear tip with our universal IEMs, this is specifically to keep the "canal" length as true to the form of the IEM as possible. As soon as you extend the length of the canal, with the ear tip, it changes the frequency response from the intended response; it's kind of like adding a horn for the high frequencies. We also offer our True Fidelity foam tips which are a much softer foam so the extension of the canal is mitigated with the softer material making it less destructive to the intended curve.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back