The Numbering Disease: Where Skullcandy and Monster Win
Mar 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:
lol another thread necrobumping

Just my stupid opinion, but how about you guys give your faved phones nick names? 

...mah eight eighties for the dt 880, although I don't have nick names for cans, except that xb 700. which r mah bass cannons 

Mar 26, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #48 of 49
...mah eight eighties for the dt 880, although I don't have nick names for cans, except that xb 700. which r mah bass cannons 

I still like numbers, it's more technical and less childish. Kid's toys have NAMES, big boi toys are named after numbers! lol 

wut

May 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #49 of 49
I think reputation has a lot to do with it. Catchy names do help, but a headphones reputation that's determined by popularity, sound quality, and of course - commercial advertising. Let's use Beats for example. Beats is probably the most successful celebrity endorsed headphones of this generation, mainly because it's heavily advertised and has stylish aesthetics. It's sound quality will probably be the most argued aspect of the headphones, but it's success is undeniable. Now commercial advertising plays the biggest part, because without even buying the headphones, you already know what they look like because you see them on billboards, posters, commercials, promo's and so on. Then you'll see people wear them out on the street or on a bus and you'll think to yourself "Hey, those are the Beats". When headphones are advertised at the level of Beats, they gain a reputation. Reputation will give relevance of a headphone name much credit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back