[The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp
Jan 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #138 of 200
Quote:
I really don't see how the HE90/HEV90 being shown at CES is any different from it being at IFA year after year. 

Regarding the HE90, Sennheiser are probably wanting to show it year after year to prove they once made a beautiful looking headphone. Having said that, I now have their HD600 which I like the look of + it's extremely comfortable. The HE90 is still the best looking headphone I've ever seen though.

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #139 of 200
Quote:

Regarding the HE90, Sennheiser are probably wanting to show it year after year to prove they once made a beautiful looking headphone. Having said that, I now have their HD600 which I like the look of + it's extremely comfortable. The HE90 is still the best looking headphone I've ever seen though.

Wait until you see and hold the L3000 in person especially the green one.  An R10 is also very stellar looking as well.

Jan 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #140 of 200
Quote:

Wait until you see and hold the L3000 in person especially the green one.  An R10 is also very stellar looking as well.

I've seen photos of both the L3000 and R10 but have never worn them, and they would be very nice looking headphones especially the L3000, if it wasn't for their headband.
From seeing them in the photos, they look like part of their headband will extrude like the SR-009's does.
I have the 009's and they would be really nice looking if it wasn't for their headband. 
I've mention this before in that I once tried to have a different headband fitted to my 009's but was unsuccessful, however because I dislike the 009's extruding band so much, I'm in the process of having another one made, this time I'm very optimistic.

Jan 12, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #141 of 200
The L3000 is tacky, the R10 looks like a pair of wooden breasts on the sides of your head.  I've owned both, enjoyed the sound of the R10, and still would never call them attractive (especially the Sonys)

Quote:

Jan 12, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #142 of 200
I do think the wood on the R10's does look odd, but I like the leather on the L3000's, however if I'm successful with the headband I'm hoping to have done for my 009's, IMO they'll look how they should have done in the first place, or very similar. I'm just waiting for something, then I can proceed.

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #143 of 200
Quote:
The L3000 is tacky, the R10 looks like a pair of wooden breasts on the sides of your head.  I've owned both, enjoyed the sound of the R10, and still would never call them attractive (especially the Sonys)

You and your breasts comment.  
wink_face.gif
  Still I think that the L3000 has the most luxurious feel among the highend phones.  I love the SR009 aesthetic too and will chase it down one of these days. 

Quote:
I do think the wood on the R10's does look odd, but I like the leather on the L3000's, however if I'm successful with the headband I'm hoping to have done for my 009's, IMO they'll look how they should have done in the first place, or very similar. I'm just waiting for something, then I can proceed.

I think the wood on the R10 has different variation.  Here's a picture of my pair.  

Jan 13, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #146 of 200
Quote:
I think the wood on the R10 has different variation.  Here's a picture of my pair.  

When I'm saying the wood looks odd, I'm meaning the shape. The HE90 on the other hand with the wood and black grill looks awesome. However I'm sure Sony used a lot better wood on the R10, than Sennheiser did on the HE90.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #148 of 200
Quote:
SOUND > LOOKS

That being said (and HE90 please don't hate me)...here is a pic of the HE 90 on my head:

1000x500px-LL-5cdfdf25__DSC8882.jpg

Nice shot.   Don't you just hate the flaking headband & ear cushioned on them?  My headband is fine, but the earpads continue to have that problems.  Good thing about Sennheiser, they have those part readily available and they will continue to support the Sennheiser Orpheus unlike the Sony R10.

Jan 13, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #149 of 200
Quote:

Nice shot.   Don't you just hate the flaking headband & ear cushioned on them?  My headband is fine, but the earpads continue to have that problems.  Good thing about Sennheiser, they have those part readily available and they will continue to support the Sennheiser Orpheus unlike the Sony R10.

I remember some head-fiers buying up a lot of Orpheus parts so they could flip them on eBay for big profits. It's a real shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back