The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Jan 16, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #2,956 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never heard a peep from the guy. The strap just showed up unannounced.

His site should have a few pictures of old, well-used straps.

(my server is down, so picture in my post above ain't showin' up)

I saw it at home this morning and now I'm seeing it at work. Looks like your server is up after all?

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #2,957 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw it at home this morning and now I'm seeing it at work. Looks like your server is up after all?

Thanks, it is. What a strange issue. I can see it on my laptop but not my PC. Oh well.

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #2,958 of 5,895
Quote:

If someone posted a crappy picture taken with a Nikon, we could all learn something form it, no?

Yea, but do it in another thread. Lets keep this related to Nikon equipment.

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #2,959 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, but do it in another thread. Lets keep this related to Nikon equipment.

But according to the title of the thread ( The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) ), this is not a Nikon gear thread but thread about any Nikon stuff here. Stuff = anything and can be this and that sort of thing. Plus it's not like there are so many Nikon gears conversations going on at the moment anyway. So strap for Nikon camera also belongs here, also occasional pictures taken with Nikon cam (or some sort of Nikon related cam or a person somewhat indirectly linked to some sort of Nikon gear). And didn't you just post a self-picture a few posts back - the one with radio equipment or something like that? Now how do you explain that?
biggrin.gif

And if say, I made a "The BMW Thread (Talk About BMW stuff here)", would you not expect to see some pictures posted about some owners' cars, or a third party modification to the BMW- be it seats, exhaust, audio, etc? Or if I made a "The Scanpan Thread (Talk about Scanpan stuff here) - wouldn't you think it's normal when someone posts a few recipes, or maybe pictures of food they just cooked using the Scanpan - or does it have to be in "Post Your Photography" thread?
And if I use your rule, then there shouldn't be any posts/comments at all on "Post Your Photography" thread because it's only for you to post your pictures. If that's the case, then if you happen to see any conversation there, would you mind telling them to post it in this thread then? (that of course if the pictures related are taken with Nikon)
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #2,960 of 5,895
OK, let's talk about Nikon gear.

I recently got the SB-800, which I find far superior to the SB-80DX I was using! At least I no longer have to manually dial in the ISO, f-length and aperture setting for every single darn shot
biggrin.gif
The on-flash AF light, TTL preflash make shooting much easier too...

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #2,961 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, let's talk about Nikon gear.

I recently got the SB-800, which I find far superior to the SB-80DX I was using! At least I no longer have to manually dial in the ISO, f-length and aperture setting for every single darn shot
biggrin.gif
The on-flash AF light, TTL preflash make shooting much easier too...

Do you have pictures of that?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #2,962 of 5,895
Grats Milkpowder!

What made you choose a 800 over the 600?

I purchased a 600 recently and I am very happy with it. I wanted to have it fire off camera, and the D80 handles this perfectly. Put the camera in commander mode and it's all automatic
biggrin.gif

I can't recall what the 800 added, just that I didn't think I would make enough use of those extras to justify the increased cost.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #2,963 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But according to the title of the thread ( The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) ), this is not a Nikon gear thread but thread about any Nikon stuff here. Stuff = anything and can be this and that sort of thing. Plus it's not like there are so many Nikon gears conversations going on at the moment anyway. So strap for Nikon camera also belongs here, also occasional pictures taken with Nikon cam (or some sort of Nikon related cam or a person somewhat indirectly linked to some sort of Nikon gear). And didn't you just post a self-picture a few posts back - the one with radio equipment or something like that? Now how do you explain that?
biggrin.gif

And if say, I made a "The BMW Thread (Talk About BMW stuff here)", would you not expect to see some pictures posted about some owners' cars, or a third party modification to the BMW- be it seats, exhaust, audio, etc? Or if I made a "The Scanpan Thread (Talk about Scanpan stuff here) - wouldn't you think it's normal when someone posts a few recipes, or maybe pictures of food they just cooked using the Scanpan - or does it have to be in "Post Your Photography" thread?
And if I use your rule, then there shouldn't be any posts/comments at all on "Post Your Photography" thread because it's only for you to post your pictures. If that's the case, then if you happen to see any conversation there, would you mind telling them to post it in this thread then? (that of course if the pictures related are taken with Nikon)
biggrin.gif

I read the first few words of your post and then stopped because I realized you are just trying to annoy me. You sir, are not nice.

Thankfully you are the only person posting up tasteless photos and others have better judgment.

Jan 17, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #2,964 of 5,895
How did you know that I was trying to annoy you if you just read some part of it? I might be saying something nice later who knows. And you did post your own picture with that radio equipment here. But anyway, Milkpowder, how's the SB800?

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #2,965 of 5,895
Quote:

Do you have pictures of that?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm only too happy to oblige
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Grats Milkpowder!

What made you choose a 800 over the 600?

I purchased a 600 recently and I am very happy with it. I wanted to have it fire off camera, and the D80 handles this perfectly. Put the camera in commander mode and it's all automatic
biggrin.gif

I can't recall what the 800 added, just that I didn't think I would make enough use of those extras to justify the increased cost.

To be totally honest with you, I didn't need an SB800. All the SB800 has over the SB600 spec-wise is power. It's got more reach. As a result, it actually takes longer to recycle after a full-power discharge. In real-world use, the SB800 is supposed to have a more even coverage, even after simultaneous discharge. Anyhow, I have to admit I got it over the SB600 because of toy factor more than anything else
redface.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #2,967 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to admit I got it over the SB600 because of toy factor more than anything else
redface.gif

Often the best reason for a purchase. At least on head-fi
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been very happy for the last couple of years with my SB-600, but then I'm an existing light kind of guy.
icon10.gif

I got the 600 because my wife has asked me to take some interior shots of the rooms at the hotel she works at for some marketing materials. I tried it once, but they didn't come out that great using the built-in flash. Of course I haven't been over there to take pictures with the new flash yet
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #2,968 of 5,895
Thanks for the pic Milkpowder. I don't own SB800 but my brother has one - I don't remember seeing that extra bulk on the side of his SB800. Is that additional accessory? I don't use flash at all that's why I have very limited knowledge in flash related accessories.

Jan 17, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #2,969 of 5,895
Here is a pic for you DJ... It was taken with a Nikon!

D200 / Sigma 50 1.4 wide open

I have an SB800, but lately I have had fun shooting at night with a super slow shutter speed while I shake a flashlight over the subject. More fun than a flash.

Jan 17, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #2,970 of 5,895
Quote:

Thanks for the pic Milkpowder. I don't own SB800 but my brother has one - I don't remember seeing that extra bulk on the side of his SB800. Is that additional accessory? I don't use flash at all that's why I have very limited knowledge in flash related accessories.

That's the included SD-800 extra battery compartment so you can use five batteries. It shortens recycle time to 2.9s (rechargeables) and around 4 seconds on normal alkalines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a pic for you DJ... It was taken with a Nikon!

http://www.animationarchive.org/pics/dannyyoungbw-lil.jpg
D200 / Sigma 50 1.4 wide open

I have an SB800, but lately I have had fun shooting at night with a super slow shutter speed while I shake a flashlight over the subject. More fun than a flash.

I like the quirky portrait! Ah light-painting
bigsmile_face.gif
I've never tried it, but it sounds like fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back