The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here)
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #2,941 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well after a very long time, I finally got the 50mm f1.8! I can't wait til there's daylight to shoot in, but it makes for awesome indoor portraits.

The crop factor from using a DX sensor and lack of zoom haven't irritated so far, so my two biggest worries are for now put to rest. The guy at the shop even called it the 'nifty fifty'
biggrin.gif

"nifty fifty" is what those crazy people over in the canon camp call it. Us Nikon users have more dignity and respect for our equipment. We call it, the Nikkor 50mm F/1.8.

^_^

I just used my 50mm F/1.8 the other day to take a picture of me in my work environment. Excellent color reproduction and sharpness. It was the perfect FOV for what I used it for.

I'm happy with the result.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #2,942 of 5,895
lol. This Nikon 50 1.8 was what pulled me into getting more Nikon lenses. I love that little thing.

Jan 12, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #2,944 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But doesn't your subject know how to smile? Or was that the reaction to the photographer's grotesque facial tattoos?
biggrin.gif

Crap, now you are the second person who commented on the fact that I am not smiling. I took quite a few shots (since it's not so easy to get a good pose when taking your own self portrait). For some reason I picked this one, but I think I'm going to have to go back through them and find one where I look happier.

Thanks for the heads up Iron_Dreamer.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:26 AM Post #2,947 of 5,895
Darn it! Didn't I order the strap BEFORE you did?
How come mine is not here yet?

That's one nice looking strap though. IMO Gordy needs to put bigger and maybe more detailed pictures for the colour and maybe the texture of the leather because I have the feeling that those pictures on the website don't really do justice to how the strap looks like in real life?

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #2,948 of 5,895
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darn it! Didn't I order the strap BEFORE you did?
How come mine is not here yet?

That's one nice looking strap though. IMO Gordy needs to put bigger and maybe more detailed pictures for the colour and maybe the texture of the leather because I have the feeling that those pictures on the website don't really do justice to how the strap looks like in real life?

I ordered the day you posted on the 7th. I got it on the 10th. Shocked me. I'm looking forward to wearing/breaking it in.

His pics are not the best, and mine make it look a little less "rugged" than it is. Oh well, when you finally get yours you'll understand.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #2,949 of 5,895
Will post pictures of it when I got it. Did he tell you to send some pictures for him so that he can put it under his gallery? I think it's like a customary thing because there are so many customers giving him pictures of his straps with their equipments.

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #2,950 of 5,895
Quote:

Okay. I need a hit of some crappy sample pictures. Someone please post some crappy pictures.

How about we keep this thread related to nikon stuff, and post intentionally awful pictures in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/po...iendly-256063/

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #2,951 of 5,895
But crappy pictures taken with Nikon can also be considered as part of Nikon thread. Or crappy pictures taken by someone whose last or first name is Nikon can also considered as part of Nikon thread. I mean have you visited Dpreview before? Look at how many crappy pictures there posted daily and they all are part of the Nikon/Canon/Olympus/WhateverCamera thread (Warghh !! **runs away from Dpreview mob)

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM Post #2,952 of 5,895
Quote:

But crappy pictures taken with Nikon can also be considered as part of Nikon thread. Or crappy pictures taken by someone whose last or first name is Nikon can also considered as part of Nikon thread. I mean have you visited Dpreview before? Look at how many crappy pictures there posted daily and they all are part of the Nikon/Canon/Olympus/WhateverCamera thread (Warghh !! **runs away from Dpreview mob)

I know you are joking of course, although deep down I bet you half believe it.
My point? This thread can serve a much better purpose than posting intentionally crappy pictures *taken* with a nikon camera. That is why I suggest keeping this thread more related to nikon equipment, and posting awful pictures over at this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/po...iendly-256063/

God only knows you'll get enough response from the people in that thread.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #2,953 of 5,895
Quote:

We are not dpreview now, are we?
beerchug.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #2,954 of 5,895
If someone posted a crappy picture taken with a Nikon, we could all learn something form it, no?

I'm thinking something with a finger in it would be perfect! I haven't taken a photo of my finger in years though (OK, I admit it. It's only like 1.5 years hehe). Nobody ever admits that the real reason they use SLRs is to avoid this common mistake. It's much harder to get your finger into the shot with a SLR. If you use a nice long telephoto, it's darn near impossible!

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #2,955 of 5,895
Quote:

Will post pictures of it when I got it. Did he tell you to send some pictures for him so that he can put it under his gallery? I think it's like a customary thing because there are so many customers giving him pictures of his straps with their equipments.

I never heard a peep from the guy. The strap just showed up unannounced.

His site should have a few pictures of old, well-used straps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back