The Next Florida Meet: Tampa, Nov 15th
Oct 9, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #228 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didnt you just sell a nugget audio beta 22? how many do you freaking have? or did you get good old nate to build you another one because the earlier one wasnt big enough...

man, people these days...

i can lug my shiny beta as well but if theres going to be one there and a pair of 650s, ill just leave my shiznit at home and help vicki ferry her gear. (still remember about giving me a ride, right?
frown.gif
let me know if you have any inclinations towards a time of day you would like to leave. i already got my work hours covered by some friends, would just need to know if i have to miss my own classes as well or not in case theres a test that day)

Nate's building me another Beta 22. When I bought the other one, he and I discussed a him building a second one. He doesn't know if it will be ready in time for the meet so bring yours. You may want to connect to a decent source to see how it sounds. You should bring your headphones as well.

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #229 of 440
hokay, add my 650s and the beta to the gear list in attendance. by meet time, ill have another ~900 bucks saved up so might be in the market for a decent source at the time. will bug you guys more in tampa. cant wait to put on the party hats and laugh at drunk people acting silly
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #230 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by crappyjones123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hokay, add my 650s and the beta to the gear list in attendance. by meet time, ill have another ~900 bucks saved up so might be in the market for a decent source at the time. will bug you guys more in tampa. cant wait to put on the party hats and laugh at drunk people acting silly
tongue.gif

I can't wait to be drunk and act silly.
beerchug.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #231 of 440
Bought my ticket the other day. I'll be arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday. I'll just rent a car at the airport, call Matt or Mike's cell, and take it from there.

Remind me if there is anything I'm supposed to be bringing? Stax 4070 seemed to be a hit at Mayberry.

Oct 9, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #232 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought my ticket the other day. I'll be arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday. I'll just rent a car at the airport, call Matt or Mike's cell, and take it from there.

Remind me if there is anything I'm supposed to be bringing? Stax 4070 seemed to be a hit at Mayberry.

The 4070 would be great.

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:04 PM Post #233 of 440
Can I bring my little friend, so you can all say hello?

LuxP-1.jpg

luxman_p1_c1.jpg

Yes, that's right, Florida, Todd comes through big time, and is sending the gorgeous looking new Luxman P-1 Headphone Amp for us to have our way with. Does it sound as good as it looks? We'll find out, and we'll tell the world.

Details on this beauty at ttvj: Luxman P-1 [P-1] - $2,400.00 : TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #235 of 440
Gene you are the GQ of Florida headfi, I do not think you have ever owned or in this case wrangled a piece of gear that was not a work of art.

SWEET!

On a side note I have several odd ball headphones that I may be able to bring to the meet. I just received a pair of Stax Sigmas also I have the Koss 950s and the srx mk3 (normal bias) that I could bring. If there is not going to be a Audio Technica AD2000 that might be one to bring. I would like to keep it to 2 pairs of headphones as I plan to travel really light.

Also Gene could you please bring the accuphase integrated amp so Mike can hook up the stax srd7 mkll pro so we can rock out to normal bias stax on that.

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #236 of 440
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That thing's got more WAF than anything you've owned so far Gene. I'm picturing that on your rack over the Accuphase. Gorgeous.

Not so fast, sparky. This isn't mine, even though Todd is trying to tempt me by sending it down. I agree, though, that it is a gorgeous piece of eye candy. Wonder if Todd would mind if the Penguin opened it up so we could see under the hood.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gene you are the GQ of Florida headfi, I do not think you have ever owned or in this case wrangled a piece of gear that was not a work of art.

SWEET!

On a side note I have several odd ball headphones that I may be able to bring to the meet. I just received a pair of Stax Sigmas also I have the Koss 950s and the srx mk3 (normal bias) that I could bring. If there is not going to be a Audio Technica AD2000 that might be one to bring. I would like to keep it to 2 pairs of headphones as I plan to travel really light.

Also Gene could you please bring the accuphase integrated amp so Mike can hook up the stax srd7 mkll pro so we can rock out to normal bias stax on that.

Picking just two will be hard, John, but I am sure you will keep us entertained with whatever you decide to bring. Some exotic Stax would be nice.

Damn ... I was hoping to travel light this time, but since you asked so nicely, I'll drag the Accuphase rig along. Biker boy was whining about a source a few messages back, and we don't want to let him down, do we? You know how he can get when he sulks.
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #238 of 440
Will anyone have a balanced source and amp that they'd be interested in lending for some autoequalized fun? My eq and measurement mic can be traveled with pretty easily. I can even bring the extra set of interconnects. Just an idea.

Oct 10, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #239 of 440
If the gang would like me to bring my new Blue Circle Audio amp down to Tampa, I will need someone to allow me to use their source (preferably high quality) for the duration of the meet. It is not balanced. I will bring some nice IC's.

Also, I will be bring the new final production version of the HeAudio Jade (formerly the 1.2/1.2B/1.3
icon10.gif
) and a Koss ESP950 portable electrostat system (if anyone is interested).
I am also working on getting a Stax termination plug for the ESP950's from Alex [AK]Zip to compare the packaged energizer to any Stax compatible amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back