The new portable amp Aune B1
Apr 22, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #76 of 147

Hmmm, now I think the problem is "overblown" and "Important: The manufacturer prohibits the use of switch-level output current of the amplifier when it is used! Using switch output current level during operation may damage the amplifier and / or harm to health and / or property of the user! Before using switch-level output current, turn off the amplifier!" wrong.
Correctly write? Aune say: Never flip this button[switch "Class A"] under B1 is working.

The importance of clear, concise copy can never, ever be underestimated. 

Apr 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #77 of 147
I ordered a player and want to order a stacking cable for this combo with elbow plugs.
But the height of the knob 7.8mm. Neutrik has the size of 6mm(or not?) and is not suitable for this purpose.
Maybe someone knows the name of the original plug and the size?

Apr 25, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #78 of 147
Found a lot with the plug.

Counted, the size - 12mm.
Brand?

May 13, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #82 of 147
Just had the B1 here.

The box is a bit tricky to open. Inside it comes with standard Micro USB cable and interconnect. 

Since this is a Class A design, the amp will get hot, but not scorching. Aluminium chassis helps, I guess, to let the heat go...let it go...

Love the yellow lights inside the glass when powered on. Is this thing a dual-mono design? Hope so,

Volume pot is a bit flat. Kinda hard to dial when both sides are crowded by the interconnect and headphone jack.

Gain, Class A, and Power switch is quite flat. But still I won't want to put this thing in my pocket. My body does not welcome that heat dissipated on the unit. Plus it carries a bit weight on its own.

Sound Impression:
Paired with AK120 to FAD FIBASS: Sounds wider with clearer vocals. Bass punches with authority. Slight harsher treble which is to be expected of FIBASS's true nature with lesser source. Dial at low gain and "-" Class A.

Paired to HD800: Not so wide stage. Sounds full with great slam. Not piercingly harsh treble. Power isn't an issue since I'm only using low gain with "+" Class A switch, and i haven't dial finish the volume pot.

This amp is definitely not neutral, not like Alo Rx which I heard that didn't mess anything delivered straight out of Ak120. However, I didn't really want it to sound neutral. Aune B1 provides a fuller note which is to my liking, especially vocals and smoother overall sound.

May 17, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #83 of 147
Hi there,

How is Aune B1 compare to Cayin C5 (http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-c5-portable-hifi-audio-headphone-amplifier/reviews/11726) in terms of sound quality?

How is JVC's HA-FX850 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review/1260) with Aune B1?

Thanks in advance.

May 18, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #84 of 147
Hi there,

How is Aune B1 compare to Cayin C5 (http://www.head-fi.org/products/cayin-c5-portable-hifi-audio-headphone-amplifier/reviews/11726) in terms of sound quality?

How is JVC's HA-FX850 (http://www.head-fi.org/t/708427/the-new-jvc-fx850-woodie-perfection-a-review/1260) with Aune B1?

Thanks in advance.

B1 is warm. C5 is quite powerful. Even with low gain. It can easily power an ortho like HE400i or HE560 (in terms of loudness). B1 excels in smoothness. C5 is more v-shaped than B1. Staging wise, C5 is more defined.

Portability? C5 wins. It doesn't get as hot as B1's Class-A heat.

I didn't try it with FX850. FX850 gave me that edginess in treble that I find a hard time tolerating, and also the bass. I don't know if B1 can take away the edge, but I suspect B1 will not lessen the bass.

May 18, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #85 of 147
Using the B1 with Fiio x3ii and AKG 701. I am enjoying the smooth and warm (not tube like) sound in this pairing. A lovely combo however it's not without a few caveats. The heat is annoying but not something that will stop me from using the B1 however the heat and the general size of the amp makes it less portable compared with the C5 (which I tested before deciding on the B1).
Another thing is that for my listening preference the class A has to be selected. For me it makes a world of difference in the sound. This unfortunately this has another side effect other than the heat.....yes.. a short battery life. So far its given me only about 4 hours. 

May 19, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #86 of 147
@2tigers could u post a pic please of the x3ii with the b1 .. im looking to get a dap later on and just wanted to check them out for the size.. also r u using low or high gain with the 701's. I cant wait for mine to get delivered.. stuck with customs for now, should get it this week :)

May 19, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #88 of 147
It's always on Class A. Just that you can choose either 20ma or 40ma output.

May 20, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #90 of 147
yeah, it does run out the battery faster, but music is all we're after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back