The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Oct 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #541 of 1,522
Quote:

haha my bad hershey22, i swear it was henry from my memory.
biggrin.gif
Well there you go, even this superlux superfan is completely sold on the S400s. I am still pounding the hell outta my S400s as we speak, but they already sound really nice as of now. 

Damn chicks must have been all over you cuz of these cheapo white JVCs LoL, and if you have a white iphone to go with these, peps are gonna be drooling.  Good luck waiting for a white version of the S500s, cuz it's gonna be a forever longgggg time. I wish there was a sexy white version of the S500s as well, but for now I just want JVC to release the damn things in the US as they did for the S400s. When I do get a 2nd set of these S500s, I think i am gonna go pad crazy like cute. Pads pads everywhere.  LoL

...actually I had my white Sansa clip+ which are pretty rare as well because the big box retail stores never carried white...comments on that too(LOL)...killer combo in both looks and sound...I swear these are getting louder as I break them in...these Sansa clips have plenty of juice for these JVC's...you were spot on about that...the kick drums and snares have gotten crazy real on these things...what a find and buy!!!...thanks to all!!...

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #542 of 1,522
Quote:

haha my bad hershey22, i swear it was henry from my memory.
biggrin.gif
Well there you go, even this superlux superfan is completely sold on the S400s. I am still pounding the hell outta my S400s as we speak, but they already sound really nice as of now. 

Damn chicks must have been all over you cuz of these cheapo white JVCs LoL, and if you have a white iphone to go with these, peps are gonna be drooling.  Good luck waiting for a white version of the S500s, cuz it's gonna be a forever longgggg time. I wish there was a sexy white version of the S500s as well, but for now I just want JVC to release the damn things in the US as they did for the S400s. When I do get a 2nd set of these S500s, I think i am gonna go pad crazy like cute. Pads pads everywhere.  LoL

If you want a pair of white S500 so can you transplant the drivers from S500 into the S400. 
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #543 of 1,522
Quote:
If you want a pair of white S500 so can you transplant the drivers from S500 into the S400. 
wink.gif

...yeah I'd screw that up real good...
popcorn.gif
...I think I'll sit and watch...remember I'm a purist...i.e. incompetent boob when it comes to modding...heck I was waiting for the rolled up paper towel to crawl through the pad mesh like a tapeworm and destroy the driver...

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #544 of 1,522
Quote:
wink.gif

But but the housing of the S500s are more sexy and premium looking/ feeling. LoL

I need that premium goods in order to steal all the chicks from hershey22 since he is already rocking those white S400s. 
biggrin.gif

edit: Yeah my noob @ss is not even gonna try to transplant, forget all the soldering non sense. Pad modding/ changing is where it ends for me haha

Oh yeah SPEAKING of TRANSPLANTS that one dood was suppose to trade me his S400s for my superluxes. And that other dood was suppose to find a cheap body for this operation. Guess this is never gonna happen, cuz I already knew once he breaks and box open and has the S400s on his head, its gonna be a gonner. He ain't ever coming back from S400 CNT heaven as I have predicted. LoL

Enjoy your S400s you'll!!!

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #545 of 1,522
Thanks guys for the help!
Of course I probably never gonna buy anything that's not black so that white version is never gonna be an option for me heheh
Keeping the total black for my goods :p

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #546 of 1,522
..I think that was me sfw...I have absolutely pounded the ha-s400 probably to the point of stressing or damaging the drivers with heavy drum/bass as per DS when we were talking about the fx-40...I couldn't be more thrilled with these "as is" (stock everything)...I really think pounding these into submission really made a difference...

I been beating these down also but suddenly after an overnight blasting I was suddenly hearing things different next mourning as the bass was more controlled, so thnx for info.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #547 of 1,522
Quick update for those thinking about ordering from costpi.com. I just receive an email that they are out of stock and will have another shipment coming on Tuesday. I also call their consumer service to confirm it.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #548 of 1,522
Just recieved my whites jvc400, right out of the box these are lacking some sparcle/highs compared to my coworkes s400 with over a week of use/burn in.

Same thing that i didnt like from my s500 with less than 50hours of burn in, they where lacking some highs and i had to use the treble boost from my ipad.

In any case, $30 bucks is just a bargain and they sound very good.

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #550 of 1,522
Quote:
Just recieved my whites jvc400, right out of the box these are lacking some sparcle/highs compared to my coworkes s400 with over a week of use/burn in.
Same thing that i didnt like from my s500 with less than 50hours of burn in, they where lacking some highs and i had to use the treble boost from my ipad.
In any case, $30 bucks is just a bargain and they sound very good.

...alright whites!!!...lets us know your comparisons when you get some time on them...I love em!!!...the sound absolutely blows my mind for just under $30 bucks shipped....best headphone value in audio...that is until l hear the s500
L3000.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #551 of 1,522
I just placed an order for these on amazon to use with my iPod.  I also have a fiio e7 coming.  Will those two things work well together?

Yes they will. But unless you get a LOD cable there is really no point. The S400 does not need to be amped for volume reasons AT ALL. Very easy to drive.

The only advantage you will get is bypassing the crappy Apple amp circuit by using your own amp and coming out of the line out instead of the headphone jack. If you are just amping what is coming out of the HP jack it is kind of redundant and you will get no benefit from it.

Try the Fiio L3 cable.

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #553 of 1,522
Quote:
Yes they will. But unless you get a LOD cable there is really no point. The S400 does not need to be amped for volume reasons AT ALL. Very easy to drive.
The only advantage you will get is bypassing the crappy Apple amp circuit by using your own amp and coming out of the line out instead of the headphone jack. If you are just amping what is coming out of the HP jack it is kind of redundant and you will get no benefit from it.
Try the Fiio L3 cable.

Question

i got a L9 Lod cable for my E11 that i use for my ipad/IP4s,   do i need a Lod cable  for the clip+/e11 combo to bypass the amp of the clip+?
Theres is almost no diference between the clip+  and clip+E11 in sound quality.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #554 of 1,522
Question

i got a L9 Lod cable for my E11 that i use for my ipad/IP4s,   do i need a Lod cable  for the clip+/e11 combo to bypass the amp of the clip+?

Theres is almost no diference between the clip+  and clip+E11 in sound quality.

Hey bud. No I don't and don't see a reason for amping the clip. Plus the clip is also very transparent sounding and "if it ain't broke don't try to fix it". Sounds much better than what comes out of my itouch headphone-out. Besides there is ONLY a headphone out with the clip so you can't bypass the clip's amp anyway. So you would just be adding another amp on the chain. I have 2 clips and use them both direct from the headphone out, no amp.

WIth my iTouch, there is a noticeable improvement using my E11 and so I use that combo. I also use it to drive my DT770 and DT990 as the clip is a bit weak for those.

The only reason I would amp a clip is if you were going to try a tube amp like Dsnuts did or use the extra bass boost, or if the amp you have has some feature to manipulate the sound like a built in eq that you want to utilize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back