The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Sep 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #76 of 1,522
Ya I thought the ATH leather and AKG pads had the most similarities on the HA-S500. I like how the ATH leathers are a bit wider on the head making them semi circumaural. Well at least to me.  Both of them sound great but if you keep listening to the ATH leathers I can bet you that sound will grow on you. The mids are just unbelievable using the ATH leathers on the HA-S500. The AKG pads might have a bit more bass impact than the ATH leathers. Minus this little detail both do a great job with bringing out the sounds.. Lol. Sound tuning through pads. Who would have thought.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #77 of 1,522
BTW, I can't believe the S500 thread has 68,000 hits and this thread only has 3,300. My S500's are packed away in storage FWIW.
Just an observation...

Hi there. Could you please tell us what is the size/dimension of the hole and height of those AT plathers pads?

Thanks.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #78 of 1,522
Quote:
BTW, I can't believe the S500 thread has 68,000 hits and this thread only has 3,300. My S500's are packed away in storage FWIW.
Just an observation...

The S500 were discovered by DSnuts much earlier, so most of the guys got these. I brought them S400 as a cheaper alternative for trashing around, not expecting more than 80% of the sounds from the more expensive S500.

I was really shock at how they sound and for preferring them over the S500 thus I started this thread to spread the word around. I am not surprised with the sceptism and reluctance from guys with the S500 as I myself couldn't believe that the cheaper phones could match up to, let alone exceed the SQ of the S500.

We'll see, as more guys get hold of their S400 and come in with their feedbacks.

IMO, this is not a "this is better than that" battle, rather it's a sharing of each individual listener's preferences and their experiences.

sigh!  ...Looks like I'll have to go hunt for a K81 in order to cannibalise the pads.
wink_face.gif

edit: Grammer

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #79 of 1,522
Good thing I already got AKG K518 DJ (aka K81). :) Aren't these pads a little stiff though? But I suppose the clamping is so light on these headphones, with AKGs the clamping was really a nightmare out of box and the stiff pads didn't help much. ^^

Still unsure about S400 vs S500 but I can't find both in europe yet so got time to decide still, wouldn't really wanna pick both, I'm getting tired of my bookshelf filled up with cheap headphones that are too cheap for me to bother selling away (for me it has to be at least ~$80+ for me to be worth the effort), there's already 7 sub-$80 headphones lying there.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #80 of 1,522
IMO the reason people are not buying the s400 its because they are waiting october when the s400 hits the state.

Reading the reviews and all your comments and knowing that you guys know what your are talking and having the s500, i was going to buy the s400 but at the same moment jvc anounces that they are selling the s400 on october , so it doesnt make any sense paying extra shipping when i can wait a few weeks.

I know that i am not the only one waiting, you guys can be sure that once they start selling these babys in the states that same day iam buying my white s400

So, IMO once they start selling them for 40 bucks, and knowing how good they sound i will not be surprised that its going to be a big hit and sell like cupcakes, 40 bucks for these sound makes no sense at all, and these is going to be a mega thread. You guys just wait and you will see.

As always, sorry for my cr@ppy english.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #81 of 1,522
Also, and i hope somebody pays me atention, Tomorrow i am going to post pictures of 3 pads

Stock jvc s500 pads
At plather pads
Coby cv185 pads

It will be easy to identify the stock pad, but unless i give you a clue, you will never know wich is the AT pad and the coby pad, why? Because they are 100% exactly the same, in , out, dimensiones, materials, front, back, etc

I will post my s500 with the both pads on, from diferent angles and you will see that they are the same (unless they sold the cobys with diferent pads, at least mines are 100% the same as my ath pad)

I left my at pads at my dads house and never had a chance to try them as i should, so i went today to pick them up and for my suprise they are the same as the cobys

So, IMHO, you can buy a pair of cobys for 9 bucks, use the pads, if you guys dont like how they sound you can put them back and sell the cobys and you will not loose money.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #82 of 1,522
Quote:
IMO the reason people are not buying the s400 its because they are waiting october when the s400 hits the state.
Reading the reviews and all your comments and knowing that you guys know what your are talking and having the s500, i was going to buy the s400 but at the same moment jvc anounces that they are selling the s400 on october , so it doesnt make any sense paying extra shipping when i can wait a few weeks.
I know that i am not the only one waiting, you guys can be sure that once they start selling these babys in the states that same day iam buying my white s400
So, IMO once they start selling them for 40 bucks, and knowing how good they sound i will not be surprised that its going to be a big hit and sell like cupcakes, 40 bucks for these sound makes no sense at all, and these is going to be a mega thread. You guys just wait and you will see.
As always, sorry for my cr@ppy english.

Agreed, why people aren't buying the S400.

No problems with your english, brutha !   ...we can certainly FEEL the joy and excitement in your words.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #83 of 1,522
Quote:

I haven't made up my mind for sure whether or not I'll buy S400's, but yeah, I'll wait until they are officially here.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #90 of 1,522
Quote:
Hi there. Could you please tell us what is the size/dimension of the hole and height of those AT plathers pads?
Thanks.

approx 39mm opening, 73mm height, 15mm thick FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back