The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #181 of 1,522
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I like no bass headphones too *looking at my sennheisers* and I'm not saying they suck. I'm just not going to hype myself into thinking they're gods gift to audiophiles.
I'm doing it so when I get them, I'll be blown away, I want to be blown away. I hope I'm blown away by a $35 headphone

And as longs as they're not weak and fragile like the HTF600 I'll be happy.

Oh you will, if my S500 is any indication of these bigger carbon nanotube driver capabilities, these S400s can't ever be that bad.  And from what ghost is saying I have no doubts about them. 

Hey buddy you overpaid for these cheapo cans meng, they are only WORTH $25 max, you gonna be disappointed for paying shipping for these...............garbage.
regular_smile .gif

edit: Cools Doc looks like I was the only one that had trouble while checking out with Firefox, hey how come I don't get to make any complaints toward NFM.com, I was the 1st to be trolled by that site and that invaluable feedback that rep gave me "we don't ship to other states" Too Biased!!! troLoLoLoLO Just joking, thanks Cajunky for the links cuz we were crazy starving after amazon dangled those pre-order S400s carrot on us yesterday with a 1-3 month wait time. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #182 of 1,522
Quote:
Oh you will, if my S500 is any indication of these bigger carbon nanotube driver capabilities, these S400s can't ever be that bad.  And from what ghost is saying I have no doubts about them. 

Hey buddy you overpaid for these cheapo cans meng, they are only WORTH $25 max, you gonna be disappointed for paying shipping for these...............garbage.
regular_smile%20.gif

Lol !   ...if only just so that I could enjoy them a month ahead of everyone else, it was well worth it.
darthsmile.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #183 of 1,522
Quote:

Lol !   ...if only just so that I could enjoy them a month ahead of everyone else, it was well worth it.
darthsmile.gif

Yeppp, thanks Ghost for taking the dive 1st on these S400s and giving us some feedback so this carbon nanotube hype train can blast off ONE MO' TIME. And this time we blasting off to the moon meng, cuz we free from the clutches of them greedy ebayers. LoL 

1st rule of any slickdealer is always to get free ship, and no taxes if possible.
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #184 of 1,522
Ya we just better not get a buncha order cancellations tmrrw.. "Dear Customer, Due to an unexpected JVC Nanotube-Attack on our website last night, we regret to inform you......"

Oh yea... saw the post on not putting it on the deals thread... too late. I already did that after lunch earlier today.... Thought spreading the love would be good until I saw they had low stock. Srry guys.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #185 of 1,522
Damn it Doc you lil' snitch! Ban him ban him now!!!
beerchug.gif
Spread the carbon nanotube gospel meng, but peps probably too elitist to even give these cheapo S400s a spin, don't even deserve their time of day tbhh.

edit: ericp was just ranting about this issue on the discovery thread and how peps are merely dismissing JVC's FXDs IEMs cuz they were so cheap in price, etc, etc and assumed that they were not worth even checking out.  

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #186 of 1,522
Yea didn't exactly stirr up the same shark frenzy over there.....

Am I the only one who referred to JVC as "Junk Very Cheap" when I was a youngster? Didn't really have a very good rep when I was in school. Guess some peeps just need to see the carbon nanotube light brothers!

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #187 of 1,522
Quote:
I just ordered a white one. I had to check out through IE. I hope this headphone live up to the insane hype. The last hyped headphone (HTF600) I bought was a disappointment 

Is the S400 better than the WS55? 

I have the S500 and the WS55, and I've barely used the WS55 since I got the S500. If I do use the WS55, I have to do some EQ-ing with them now...they seem veiled in comparison with the S500's, although both of them have great bass response.

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #188 of 1,522
Quote:
I have the S500 and the WS55, and I've barely used the WS55 since I got the S500. If I do use the WS55, I have to do some EQ-ing with them now...they seem veiled in comparison with the S500's, although both of them have great bass response.

But I ordered a S400 not S500

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #189 of 1,522
Quote:
But I ordered a S400 not S500

I realize that....but I'm not sure if anyone with the S400 has the WS55, and I thought since people have tried to compare the sound of S400 and S500 that maybe my comparison could be of use to you.

Oct 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #190 of 1,522
Quote:
I realize that....but I'm not sure if anyone with the S400 has the WS55, and I thought since people have tried to compare the sound of S400 and S500 that maybe my comparison could be of use to you.

It is useful info, the S500 (even with all this hype) never warrant a purchase from Japan and paying a ridiculous $20 shipping fee from me. 
But now I'm thinking about it. If the S400 is decent than I might get the S500 to see what all the fuss is about, but if the S400 is mediocre than I'm gonna pass.
Right now I have more interest in the new AKG.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #191 of 1,522
Quote:
Yeppp, thanks Ghost for taking the dive 1st on these S400s and giving us some feedback so this carbon nanotube hype train can blast off ONE MO' TIME. And this time we blasting off to the moon meng, cuz we free from the clutches of them greedy ebayers. LoL 

1st rule of any slickdealer is always to get free ship, and no taxes if possibl
tongue_smile.gif

I ain't the only one who took the first dive, bro lmswjm was right there too and he kinda reaffirms my assessment of these phones.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #192 of 1,522
Quote:
Ya we just better not get a buncha order cancellations tmrrw.. "Dear Customer, Due to an unexpected JVC Nanotube-Attack on our website last night, we regret to inform you......"
Oh yea... saw the post on not putting it on the deals thread... too late. I already did that after lunch earlier today.... Thought spreading the love would be good until I saw they had low stock. Srry guys.

OH NOooooo !   ...you've gone, done an injustice to all the Carbon Nanotube sharks bros here, now when stocks run out, where they gonna find S400s to feed ?
tongue.gif

....errm, wait a minute, I'm not in the US,  ....so can't buy them at $25 anyway ! 
blink.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #193 of 1,522
Quote:

OH NOooooo !   ...you've gone, done an injustice to all the Carbon Nanotube sharks bros here, now when stocks run out, where they gonna find S400s to feed ?
tongue.gif

....errm, wait a minute, I'm not in the US,  ....so can't buy them at $25 anyway ! 
blink.gif

LoL Ghost you don't live in the states? LMAO They ship worldwide it seems cuz rick got one shipped to South America for only a little more.

edit: But Amazon is gonna sell them real soon it seems, so that's the best place for shipping outside of the states.  Why do I have this feeling it's going to sell there for $19.99?  Don't quote me on this, eh think I am probably just trippin'. Fingers Crossed.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #194 of 1,522
Thanks for posting in the deals thread. Some of us are interested in the JVCs, but can't withstand the gale force hype in these threads. :rolleyes: I ordered a couple pairs of the white and hope they're half as good as hyped---err, I mean they're definitely giant killers that punch above their weight class--can't wait to try with some LCD-3 pads.

?...

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #195 of 1,522
Quote:
Thanks for posting in the deals thread. Some of us are interested in the JVCs, but can't withstand the gale force hype in these threads.
rolleyes.gif
I ordered a couple pairs of the white and hope they're half as good as hyped---err, I mean they're definitely giant killers that punch above their weight class--can't wait to try with some LCD-3 pads.

Oh man.  without the "hype" this thread would be like in page...............15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back