The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses.
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #166 of 1,522
I just ordered a white one. I had to check out through IE. I hope this headphone live up to the insane hype. The last hyped headphone (HTF600) I bought was a disappointment 

Is the S400 better than the WS55? 

Lets see how good are the 400, all i know is that the htf600 got NOTHING on the s500. Go find a single post of mine on that htf600 thread, i am no where there cause they are ok but the s500 destroys them.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #167 of 1,522
We got guys on this thread that have no idea. You guys just wasted your hard earned cash on a cheapo. But just in case, you should try them first.

Hahaha. No idea. Well, i got 5 coworkes that are going to buy the 400 tomorrow, they are totaly blown away with my s500

And you know? I always got all of my headphones at ofice, and 500's has being the most impresive of them all. Just for the record, they got no idea what head-fi.com, so there is no overhype for them, just blown away from the "facts"

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #168 of 1,522
Quote:
Lets see how good are the 400, all i know is that tje htf600 got NOTHING on the s500. Go find a single post of mine on that htf600 thread, i am no where there cause they are ok but the s500 destroys them.

To me it's just another cheap budget headphone with a lot of hype. That's how I'm approaching it.
I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment. I'm a basshead so the S400 might not have enough bass for me, but I guess I can learn to like classical music, sit near the fire place sipping tea while attempting to wear a monocle. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #169 of 1,522
To me it's just another cheap budget headphone with a lot of hype. That's how I'm approaching it.
I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment. I'm a basshead so the S400 might not have enough bass for me, but I guess I can learn to like classical music, sit near the fire place sipping tea while attempting to wear a monocle. 

:D. Cool man, if you dont like them them sell them, no problem or i will glaldly send you a lod cable i got without no use from ebay, you know those overhyped ones :D

At least they are not one of those overpriced headphones whe all know :D

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #170 of 1,522
    Quote:

WAIT!!... you bought them and they are on your hands right now??  they sell them where you work?  i can buy one of these online RIGHT NOW???!!?!!?

23.99?????????????????????????   

Gohst!!!     are you 100% sure these things are on par with the S500??????????  for  $23.99????????? 

Oh,  ...did I say they were on par ?     ...Well, just for the record, I'll say they're BETTER than the S500 for listening to music.

Quote:
Where are ASSUMING that they sound that good you know, cause if they sound like any other 30 buck phone theres gonna be a "GHOST HUNT"  you know what i mean?? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

angry_face.gif
  #$@!^&* non believer !      ........
tongue.gif

But what if they sound like $300 phones ?   ...can I throw rotten vegetables at you ? 
deadhorse.gif

Quote:
Lets see how good are the 400, all i know is that the htf600 got NOTHING on the s500. Go find a single post of mine on that htf600 thread, i am no where there cause they are ok but the s500 destroys them.

I won't say the S400 "destroys" the S500 but they have a unique musical signature that sounds sweeter to my ears. Now my S500 are permanently plugged into the desktop for playing games and watching movics.

Doc's right !   ...DS is nuts but you're CRAZY !
tongue.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #171 of 1,522
We had them in stock this last weekend but I wanted to make sure I grabbed a pair before I shared. 
ph34r.gif

I know we had 20 pair of Black in Omaha and 7 sold over the weekend. I wasn't in a huge hurry until I saw how many sold this weekend.

Most of NFMs business is regional within 200-300 miles of our stores but we are doing more and more nationwide business.There might have been some confusion regarding phone sales. I will check with the phone sales department about this tomorrow. I am glad for everyone who could get some. 

I hope we keep these in stock because I am definitely looking to give some of these for Christmas.

I can't wait for JVC to come out with a 50mm Carbon Nanotube over-ear model.

From Doc-holliday:
"Anyway, the guy with the NFW.com or whatever it is cool and all and thanks, but I hate this site. can't checkout on my damn ipad either. Gunna have to wait till I get to my desktop and use firefox i guess."

"Grrrrrrrrrr annoying site. This NFM website acronym is taking on a whole new meaning for me right now.... as in "NFM im buying my s*** somewhere else!"

Thanks for the feedback Doc-holliday. I will share the problems you had with my boss. We are always working on improving our checkout process. If you want to expand on your issues PM me and I can make sure it goes directly to those that will take the problems you had and see if something can be streamlined.

I just want to be clear, I don't think I qualify as a MOT (Let me know if I do and I will delete all of this). I just work at a company that happens to offer these headphones and want our website to work effectively. I would be sharing if I found these available anywhere at a good price. Just thought I would share. If all of you weren't buying them I would probably sell them all through recommendations to my friends and coworkers. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #172 of 1,522
Thanks for the feedback Doc-holliday. I will share the problems you had with my boss. We are always working on improving our checkout process. If you want to expand on your issues PM me and I can make sure it goes directly to those that will take the problems you had and see if something can be streamlined.

No actually that's just awesome that you actually took the time to respond that. Ya if you could just relay that I cant get to the checkout process on my ipad (safari). Thanks for letting us know about the deal.

Doc

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #173 of 1,522
Quote:
biggrin.gif
. Cool man, if you dont like them them sell them, no problem or i will glaldly send you a lod cable i got without no use from ebay, you know those overhyped ones
biggrin.gif

At least they are not one of those overpriced headphones whe all know
biggrin.gif

Don't get me wrong, I like no bass headphones too *looking at my sennheisers* and I'm not saying they suck. I'm just not going to hype myself into thinking they're gods gift to audiophiles.
I'm doing it so when I get them, I'll be blown away, I want to be blown away. I hope I'm blown away by a $35 headphone

And as longs as they're not weak and fragile like the HTF600 I'll be happy.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #174 of 1,522
Quote:
We had them in stock this last weekend but I wanted to make sure I grabbed a pair before I shared. 
ph34r.gif

I know we had 20 pair of Black in Omaha and 7 sold over the weekend. I wasn't in a huge hurry until I saw how many sold this weekend.

Most of NFMs business is regional within 200-300 miles of our stores but we are doing more and more nationwide business.There might have been some confusion regarding phone sales. I will check with the phone sales department about this tomorrow. I am glad for everyone who could get some. 

I hope we keep these in stock because I am definitely looking to give some of these for Christmas.

From Doc-holliday:
"Anyway, the guy with the NFW.com or whatever it is cool and all and thanks, but I hate this site. can't checkout on my damn ipad either. Gunna have to wait till I get to my desktop and use firefox i guess."

"Grrrrrrrrrr annoying site. This NFM website acronym is taking on a whole new meaning for me right now.... as in "NFM im buying my s*** somewhere else!"

I just want to be clear, I don't think I qualify as a MOT (Let me know if I do and I will delete all of this). I just work at a company that happens to offer these headphones and want our website to work effectively. I would be sharing if I found these available anywhere at a good price. Just thought I would share. If all of you weren't buying them I would probably sell them all through recommendations to my friends and coworkers. 
biggrin.gif

hi there caJunky.. just check that you got more of those phones cause tomorrow i am buying 4 more for my coworkers..
wink_face.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #175 of 1,522
Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I like no bass headphones too *looking at my sennheisers* and I'm not saying they suck. I'm just not going to hype myself into thinking they're gods gift to audiophiles.
I'm doing it so when I get them, I'll be blown away, I want to be blown away. I hope I'm blown away by a $35 headphone

haha ok man,  these are not bass monsters but at least, the S500 has enough bass to make more than happy.  hope it works for you man. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #176 of 1,522
Quote:
 The S500 & M50 are brighter than neutral in my book. The S400 is definitely closer to neutral, thus yielding a more natural, less fatiguing experience with no sibilance, while keeping all of the detail and clarity.

Totally agree with your assessment, I sense a little less mid bass on the S400 which allows the mids to really shine.

Listening to the same tracks with both the S500 and S400, the S500 seems to sound a little artificial, funny thing is that I only get this when A/Bing the both of them. otherwise the S500 'seems' normal.

Just noticed a particularity with my Red S400 that has well over 300hr+ burn.
They are okay sounding when I initially put them on but after listening for 15 -20 mins later, they seems to become smoother and details gets clearer, kinda like they need warming up.
smile.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #177 of 1,522
     Quote:
I just ordered a white one. I had to check out through IE. I hope this headphone live up to the insane hype. The last hyped headphone (HTF600) I bought was a disappointment 

Is the S400 better than the WS55? 

I had a short audition of the WS55 a short while back, the WS55 is like "Wow! the Bass!"
whereas the S400 is like "Wow! the Mids! ...and the Sub bass/highs ain't that bad!"
Quote:

So long as you're not expecting >$500 headhone SQ, I'm sure you'll like them.  

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #178 of 1,522
Quote:
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif

Any possibility of international sales for these phones ?  ...NFM could reap the potential of worldwide market if shipping is reasonable.

Fine with me if you use this thread to sort out the problems faced by guys trying to place their orders.

Thanks for spreading the JOY !
L3000.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #180 of 1,522
Quote:
Quote:
ph34r.gif

biggrin.gif

Any possibility of international sales for these phones ?  ...NFM could reap the potential of worldwide market if shipping is reasonable.

Fine with me if you use this thread to sort out the problems faced by guys trying to place their orders.

Thanks for spreading the JOY !
L3000.gif

We are still in the phase of ironing out all the kinks in nationwide US shipping since we have to deal with sharing warehouses and inventory between the website and with our 3 stores. Not to mention the 10s of thousands of direct ship products. I will bring it up but it will probably end up on the 'someday' list.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back