The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #7,277 of 9,165
  No. My laptop has USB 3.0 ports too.

Sorry if you've already answered this - I've lost track of who said what. Have you selected the DAC as the default sound output device? (Or are you in the situation where the computer doesn't recognise it in DAC mode?)

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #7,278 of 9,165
He did, he just didn't plug speakers into it...so...therefore...there's no sound.

:wink:

Steve from NYC

Oct 7, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #7,279 of 9,165
  I have the same problem. Actually my player works fine as a DAC with my gf's laptop and with my work PC, but it doesn't work with my laptop (there is no sound). I have no idea why. In all these cases the operating system thinks that the player is speakers, not the USB-DAC.

Did they work without any external speakers on your gf's laptop and your work PC?

I think your laptops internal DAC is more than capable of handling your stock speakers tho.

my laptop's internal DAC sucks, that's why was hoping i'd only need the AK100 to work without any external speakers

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #7,281 of 9,165

Did they work without any external speakers on your gf's laptop and your work PC?

my laptop's internal DAC sucks, that's why was hoping i'd only need the AK100 to work without any external speakers

I'm not sure if I understand your question, because it sounds a little bit strange for me. This player doesn't have any speakers so it can't play any sounds without headphones. If you want to hear anything, you should plug your headphones into the player.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #7,282 of 9,165
  USB3.0 ports?

OMG! I see that you are right! The driver for USB3.0 is broken. My player doesn't work with USB3.0 but it works with USB2.0 o____O (my laptop has both: USB3.0 and USB2.0 receptacles).
// OS: Windows 7, 64 bit

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #7,285 of 9,165
Tagging issues arggg!!
I retagged my album many times but it still doesn't fix the error!

Songs are under -
Artist: Glee
Album: The Music, Vol. 1, The Music, Vol. 2 and The Music, Vol. 3 

3 albums ( Vol 1, 2, 3), are renamed in the AK100 as "0" and "1"
Vol 1 and 3 are mixed together in the "1" while the Vol 2 is inside "0"

however my other 2 albums: The Music, Vol 4 and The Music, Vol 6 is named correctly!
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #7,287 of 9,165
Oct 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #7,289 of 9,165
Quick questions guys. Is there anyway to know when the AK100 is fully charged (whether in turned on / off mode)?
Also is anyone still experiencing the unreliable battery indicator on this device? It happened to me where it had half the battery on the indicator but suddenly one hour later it died on me.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #7,290 of 9,165
Quick questions guys. Is there anyway to know when the AK100 is fully charged (whether in turned on / off mode)?
Also is anyone still experiencing the unreliable battery indicator on this device? It happened to me where it had half the battery on the indicator but suddenly one hour later it died on me.

Only way I know is to plug it in when switched off and it will show "Fully Charged" on the screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back