The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 12, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #8,521 of 9,165
Any recommend for micro sd card for Ak100? Brand and speed

Thanks

SanDisk = 10 year replacement warranty....speed is irrelevant for audio especially since almost every card made these days is a Class 10...
wink.gif

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #8,525 of 9,165
New firmware has dropped.

Changes:- 1. Comfortable USB mode

: USB mode can be changed when the AK120 is connected to PC via USB cable.

USB DAC <-> Removable disk, Charge battery <-> USB DAC or Removable disk (Settings - USB mode)

2. Folder playback

: On the top of each folder, ''Play all'' key is added, which enables to play all songs and songs

in sub folders in folder.

3. LineOut

: Set lower-right button of music playback screen - EQ - LineOut on/off

Volume fixed at max, and cannot be adjusted.

* Please do not connect an earphone at LineOut, you can have a serious impact on hearing.

4. Long title displayed on 2 lines in Folder list. (Not in Song/Album/Artist/Genre/MQS list)

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #8,526 of 9,165
Great news, thanks Mistah!

These updates are really good. I hope they address the mp3 clipping issue too.

Now i just having trouble extracting the .hex file. Anyone having issues too?

[edit]

Actually the issue seems with the download cutting out. Is there another mirror somewhere? Google'd to no prevail.

Jul 15, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #8,527 of 9,165
Great news, thanks Mistah!

These updates are really good. I hope they address the mp3 clipping issue too.

Now i just having trouble extracting the .hex file. Anyone having issues too?

[edit]

Actually the issue seems with the download cutting out. Is there another mirror somewhere? Google'd to no prevail.

Yep the download will probably take you at least a couple of goes before you can manage to get the whole package; connections to their servers are flaky at best. Or...just fire up iRiver Plus4, connect the device via USB & do the upgrade that way, that's what I ended up doing & it went rather quickly.

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #8,528 of 9,165
No luck here either - the download stops after 21% and although Windows Explorer tells You at some point that the download has finished the zip.file will not be complete.
The German dealer will have the file in 2-3 days and provide it then.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #8,531 of 9,165
I hear iRiver and the firmware are on the same host.  Meaning both downloads will stall :p

Just restart the download, don't rename it overwrite it, and the browser will continue where it was.  Took two tries and about 5 minutes on Chrome.

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #8,532 of 9,165
Right. And the download via Plus4 took all of a minute/downloaded @ >600kb/s (I also downloaded the zip as well eventually, which never exceeded ~120kb/s; gee...maybe they prioritise connections from their software or something...) why exactly then ? Meh *shrugs* if people want to do things the hard way, knock yourselves out.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #8,533 of 9,165
Right. And the download via Plus4 took all of a minute/downloaded @ >600kb/s (I also downloaded the zip as well eventually, which never exceeded ~120kb/s; gee...maybe they prioritise connections from their software or something...) why exactly then ? Meh *shrugs* if people want to do things the hard way, knock yourselves out.

Sadly, some of us have no other option. As Plus4 doesn't recognise the AK100 in Windows 7 64bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back