The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jan 5, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #7,787 of 9,165
Anyone able to help with the bluetooth on the AK100? It seems to pair with my Note II but I get nothing through the DAP when the phone rings and can't get it to stick with bluetooth audio on the phone

Wow at least yours detect the note 2... I can't seem to get both my note 2 and ak100 to detect each other..

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #7,788 of 9,165
To DIY-ers,

Is there a difference between AK100 and AK100MKII, in terms of PCB mounting holes?

Also, is it easy to take them all apart... as in, to take out the entire PCB, leaving just the LCD screen in the Chassis?

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #7,789 of 9,165
To DIY-ers,

Is there a difference between AK100 and AK100MKII, in terms of PCB mounting holes?

Also, is it easy to take them all apart... as in, to take out the entire PCB, leaving just the LCD screen in the Chassis?

Lol are you planning to implant a dx50 internals into the AK100?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #7,790 of 9,165
Lol are you planning to implant a dx50 internals into the AK100?

planning to put MKII PCB into my Gold...

then it would be the very first Gold AK100 with MKII. hahahaha

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #7,791 of 9,165

planning to put MKII PCB into my Gold...

then it would be the very first Gold AK100 with MKII. hahahaha

LOL, 
i remember seeing in pics/review in those convention/festivals where AK had the MKII version in different colors, including gold. But probably can't find it online though.

Instead of putting the MKII PCB, why not just mod your Gold to remove the resistor?

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #7,792 of 9,165

LOL, 
i remember seeing in pics/review in those convention/festivals where AK had the MKII version in different colors, including gold. But probably can't find it online though.

Instead of putting the MKII PCB, why not just mod your Gold to remove the resistor?

Based on MS mod and RAWK, i didnt like the sound signature a single bit... it makes the sound very clinical and "rough".

I still want the fluid and smooth sound signature that the default can offer.

however after listening to the MKII, it got me thinking about how the sound engineers in AK have "re-tuned" the sound signature to make it better (a diagonal improvement, price/sound quality).

It's either Listrid (hopefully) release a new firmware to offer the same EQ (or tuning) that the MKII can offer, or, like i have thought of replacing the PCB, so that the firmware can detect it as a MKII and apply MKII EQ on it. (but issue is that, if the mounting holes/placements differ from MKII and normal AK100, then it defeats the purpose of changing the PCB).

but like you've said, if there's a Gold MKII, i may consider. But... i doubt it, based on what i was told.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #7,793 of 9,165

Based on MS mod and RAWK, i didnt like the sound signature a single bit... it makes the sound very clinical and "rough".

I still want the fluid and smooth sound signature that the default can offer.

however after listening to the MKII, it got me thinking about how the sound engineers in AK have "re-tuned" the sound signature to make it better (a diagonal improvement, price/sound quality).

It's either Listrid (hopefully) release a new firmware to offer the same EQ (or tuning) that the MKII can offer, or, like i have thought of replacing the PCB, so that the firmware can detect it as a MKII and apply MKII EQ on it. (but issue is that, if the mounting holes/placements differ from MKII and normal AK100, then it defeats the purpose of changing the PCB).

but like you've said, if there's a Gold MKII, i may consider. But... i doubt it, based on what i was told.

well sometimes the customer service in iRiver/AK doesn't know much either... There was a carbon fiber AK100/120 leather case which was displayed/sale in one of the convention center, but when asked in FB they said they don't have any of that.
I'm guessing those are limited and available in those conventions only :wink:

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #7,794 of 9,165
  It doesn't look difficult at all (though I have not changed mine).
Just follow another post by Kim Victor on how to disassemble the unit.  It is rather strict forward!

............................................................................................................................
rolleyes.gif

Has anyone done a battery replacement yet?  I'm just curious how difficult it would be for someone w/ minimal skill to change it.  I notice my battery life dwindling over the past couple of months (purchased my AK100 late Feb, 2013, vendor shipped direct to Vinnie for the RWAK mod, so I've never used this in stock configuration).

Here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/671101/ak100-22ohm-bypass-diy
It shouldn't be that hard. Lots of DIYers have done it in Korea.

Jan 6, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #7,795 of 9,165
Anyone with the MQS Album Volume 1 or 2 interested in trading with Volume 3 or 4? :) 

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #7,797 of 9,165
HUD100? Could not find such product on NuForce site :frowning2:

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #7,798 of 9,165
HUD100? Could not find such product on NuForce site
frown.gif

Sorry, misspelled :
http://projekt-akustik.de/Hifi/D/A-Wandler/UDH-100::825.html

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #7,800 of 9,165
Sorry can't help you there mate, all my files are in FLAC and I have never experienced a skipping loop. Maybe the player can not read the files thus searching it over and over again.
It's between the files itself or the tagging I think...

On the other note, have you guys seen the AK240:

http://s.ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11745056028.html

My first thought was "What the heck AK...." (from a design & price point of view)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back