The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #6,737 of 9,165
Quote:
Can't find it on the official site, where did you get this link?

http://www.iriverinc.com/download/downloadView.asp?selectPart=cateCode&findWord=02&sno=1079&page=1&cateCode=02

iRiver US i suppose.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #6,739 of 9,165
More information from iriver Korean site (via Google Translate): -

Original site (in Korean) : - http://service.iriver.co.kr/DownLoad/cs_down.aspx?pGroup=31&pName=AK100&Cate=0&VIdx=1&idx=1495&gY=0&nY=0

[size=x-small]Added Features

FW_Title_Line_2011.jpg

[size=x-small]1.[/size] [size=x-small]Additional features USB DAC[/size] 

[size=x-small]: PC USB to connect to "USB sound card" that can be used as a feature.[/size] 

[size=x-small]- AK100 is connected to the PC, and [USB DAC] When you select will be connected to the USB DAC mode.[/size] 

[size=x-small]- USB DAC with built-in features in the OS automatically installed the driver, is recognized.[/size] 
[size=x-small]If the device is not properly installed, update the driver through Device Manager (automatic search) and[/size] 
[size=x-small]Have you check, the device is not installed, but the sound output device through the Device Manager, and then delete the[/size] 
[size=x-small]AK100 again please confirm by connecting to a PC.[/size] 

[size=x-small]- PC with a sound card already in the Control Panel to change the default device, or[/size] 
[size=x-small]Recycling program to output sound through the settings to the device you have to choose AK100 sound is played.[/size] 

[size=x-small]※ Windows XP: Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices in the 'Audio' tab Sound playback default device[/size] 
[size=x-small][IRIVER USB DAC] to change.[/size] 

[size=x-small]※ Windows Vista/7/8: Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Manage Audio Devices in the[/size] 
[size=x-small][IRIVER USB DAC] right mouse button, and then - as the default device, select Settings.[/size] 

[size=x-small]
AK120_v1.20_01_01.jpg
AK120_v1.20_01_02.jpg
[/size]
<Windows XP> <Windows 7>

[size=x-small]- USB DAC Support Specifications[/size] 
[size=x-small]1) Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista/7/8 (32/64Bit), MAC OS X 10.7.5 or later[/size] 
[size=x-small]2) Output Support bit, sample rate: 16Bit: 44.1 ~ 192kHz, 24Bit 44.1 ~ 96kHz[/size] 
[size=x-small]3) Optical OUT is not supported.[/size] 

[size=x-small]- USB DAC Notes on use[/size] 
[size=x-small]1) AK100 volume wheel and a program that uses the body of the volume function is adjustable.[/size] 
[size=x-small]Windows System Volume (the right side of the screen next to the clock down the volume function) can not be adjusted,[/size] 
[size=x-small]AK100 AK100 body volume changes the volume wheel on the screen displays the current volume levels.[/size] 
[size=x-small]2) Whenever possible, PC, connect it directly to the USB port on the rear of the body, please.[/size] 
[size=x-small]3) USB HUB USB connection or if busy, PC, the connection is unstable or slow PC operation,[/size] 
[size=x-small]Depending on the program that uses sound and the sound output settings do not match, such as a cut or sink[/size] 
[size=x-small]Sound may not be output normally.[/size] 
[size=x-small]4) 64Bit OS, please connect to a USB 2.0 port.[/size] 
[size=x-small]64Bit OS when connected to a USB 3.0 port on the device is not installed.[/size] 
[size=x-small]5) using the sound output of the program, depending on how the sound can not be played.[/size] 
[size=x-small]Yes.[/size] [size=x-small]AK100 is not supported by the quality (eg,. 24Bit 192kHz, 5.1 channel, etc.), such as when the output[/size] 
[size=x-small]6) Windows 8 different from the other OS and the output (the default format) "24-bit 88200Hz" is displayed.[/size] 
[size=x-small]The default format is not supported, higher-quality "24-bit 96000Hz" is recommended for use.[/size]
[/size]

[size=x-small]Enhancements

FW_Title_Line_2011.jpg

[size=x-small]1.[/size] [size=x-small]Improved Optical DAC operation[/size] 
[size=x-small]- Optical input Power, Sleep OFF feature has been improved to avoid this behavior.[/size]

[size=x-small]Two.[/size] [size=x-small]Bluetooth operation improvement[/size] 
[size=x-small]- Year of Bluetooth use separate jacks have been improved so that it does not stop playing.[/size]
[/size]

[size=x-small]Bug fixes

FW_Title_Line_2011.jpg

[size=x-small]1.[/size] [size=x-small]After playing a particular file is not playing music improves symptoms.[/size]
[/size]

Jul 25, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #6,742 of 9,165
iRiver's site often timeouts before the complete file downloads. I usually have to have three or four goes before I successfully get the whole file. If only they had a couple mirrors we could use.

Jul 25, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #6,745 of 9,165
Managed to download correctly on the second attempt.
Hopefully can flash the Hex file smoothly on my AK when I reached home

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #6,746 of 9,165
Just tried the USB DAC function, works great!

Jul 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #6,747 of 9,165
^^ +1. Using it right now and it works great!

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #6,749 of 9,165
Quote:
Bought a RWAK100 a few days ago and loving it. Many of my previous prejudices concerning the AK100 (unmodded) were overthrown after listening to the RWAK100. In short, I like the RWAK100. It sounds smooth just as the AK100 yet obviously cleaner in tonality. It also has better control driving the Sony Z1000 and some low-impedance IEMs (K3003, FI-BA-SS etc.) to my ears.

I also find its Line Output better than my ODAC. The ODAC sounds stiff and lifeless comparing to the RWAK100. The SR-009 is a highly record-quality-revealing headphone, and ODAC is utterly un-listenable feeding the SRM-727A when I try to listen to Pop music; however, the RWAK100 has given me many surprises so far. Right now my semi-desktop setup is using the RWAK100 feeding the 727A driving SR-009. 
bigsmile_face.gif

congrats, i have RWAK too and loving it.

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #6,750 of 9,165
how 2.10 sounds compared to previous version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back