The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #2,509 of 9,165
Quote:
Neither does the 801 unless you use Rockbox

My dream DAP would come with Rockbox as the native UI.  

Wouldn't it be nice if 'some' hi-end DAP maker would quite screwing around with trying to make their UI from scratch and just use the thousands of hours of development time that went into Rockbox as their stock UI.

Just imagine:
1.) Gapless playback
2.) Totally customizable graphic equalizer with 10 zillion functions and memory.
3.) Plays every format ever invented.
4.) Starts up and reads all attached databases (SD cards) instantly.
5.) Pauses anytime including shutoff and restarts where you previously paused.
6.) Allows complete editing of all files including text and song order.

.....and many, many, more things I have never even knew it did.

Thanks for letting me vent...

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #2,510 of 9,165
Quote:

Wouldn't it be nice if 'some' hi-end DAP maker would quite screwing around with trying to make their UI from scratch and just use the thousands of hours of development time that went into Rockbox as their stock UI.

Just imagine:
1.) Gapless playback
2.) Totally customizable graphic equalizer with 10 zillion functions and memory.
3.) Plays every format ever invented.
4.) Starts up and reads all attached databases (SD cards) instantly.
5.) Pauses anytime including shutoff and restarts where you previously paused.
6.) Allows complete editing of all files including text and song order.

.....and many, many, more things I have never even knew it did.

Thanks for letting me vent...

+1

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #2,512 of 9,165
Quote:

+1. I've installed RB on most of the DAPs that I have owned....every one that was compatible.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #2,513 of 9,165
So how do you get it recognized by a Mac computer? I can't find it to install the new firmware. Never mind, I found it. So to update the firmware you drop the hex file on the player and disconnect? I don't find the instructions very good. Never mind, figured it out. lol

On the micro cards, how do you easily put them in and take them out? They are recessed so much that I have to use a little plastic tool as there is no way my finger can get them to seat in the slot.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #2,515 of 9,165
I put in a fully loaded 64gb micro (Apple lossless, FLAC, and hi rez regular WAV)  that I have been using in my DX100. It scanned it and loaded. Listening now. Need to burn this thing in. I am using my ESW10's, which are easy to drive and I think excellent sounding for their size and price.

Feb 6, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #2,517 of 9,165
Feb 6, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #2,518 of 9,165
Guys, I think my rwak100 turned into a brick 
confused_face_2.gif

It was working fine earlier today, then tonight when I tried to start it, it just hangs at the loading screen.  the orange loading bar fills all the way up and the screen stays frozen there.

I've tried forcing a reset and the same thing happens.

So upset about this.. I've had it for less than a week :frowning2:

Anybody have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back