The new iMac rocks!
Sep 1, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #91 of 151
Somehow, I doubt this thread is going anywhere from the "OMG MAC SUX0RZ T3H B1G ONE111" that we're at now. I personally won't be buying a mac anytime soon (if ever), but I don't think they're horrid machines, either. In fact, for the majority of people, I'm much more inclined to recommend a mac than a windows PC.

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #92 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikoLayer
I dunno where to start... something tells me even imac users are smart enough to find better deals on internet
tongue.gif

your prices in general are waaaay too high compared to what most people buy their stuff at, just goes out to show how much one could get gipped if he doesnt know where to shop at
600smile.gif

Guess I will have to post a corrected list once i am done with my ECE homework.

I did that way back on the first page of this mess. and yes, his prices are two, or even three times waht they should be. $134 for a 5200fx when you can get a radeon 9200 with 128mb of ram for ~$65... blasphemy. $124 for that case when you can get an antec with a smartpower 350w for ~$60? what is he thinking.

www.newegg.com
they are the audio advisor, TTVJ, and Headroom of the computer parts world, all rolled up into one. They don't always have the VERY best prices, but they're usually only $10 or $15 off at worst, their selection is unbeatable, and their customer service is nearly legendary. check out the comments/reviews sections on just about any item.

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #93 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
Get a life...

Quote:

then shut up...

Quote:

I have no time to debate against ignorance.

Quote:

I would have from the beginning if the thread hadn't been hijacked by dickheads aimlesslesly bashing something they know nothing about.

Quote:

It pretty much says you're owned and my dick is bigger than yours.

rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #94 of 151
I don't know if you guys realise this but all of the prices that I posted are in CDN dollars. And so are the MAC prices I guess I should have specified this before..

And those prices are the going rate for stuff in Canada. All the stuff I chose was to almost compare directly to the iMac. SO this business of saying that you would bye different equipment is fine but that's not the point I was trying to make.

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #95 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sphinx
I don't know if you guys realise this but all of the prices that I posted are in CDN dollars. And so are the MAC prices I guess I should have specified this before..

LOL, I was wondering about that one. Make sure to put "CDN" on the end of those prices next time.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:54 PM Post #96 of 151
I'm using a Mac right now and the next computer I buy will be another Mac. I've been using Apples for over twenty years and I won't even think of comparing price/performance with any PCs. I'll just head to the store and buy a Mac. I'll pay more as I have paid more before. I also think this thread belongs in the OUTSIDE forum.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 5:58 PM Post #97 of 151
So let's discuss the iMac's capabilities as a transport using the digital out. Has anyone got to try it out? Is it bitperfect? Is it jitter free or jitter ridden? Is there some good music players for OSX?

biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #98 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by breez
So let's discuss the iMac's capabilities as a transport using the digital out. Has anyone got to try it out? Is it bitperfect? Is it jitter free or jitter ridden? Is there some good music players for OSX?

biggrin.gif

well, we determined that apple's airport express is most likely bit perfect...i'd imagine that the optical out of the iMac would be, too.

Sep 3, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #100 of 151
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS

The interface of MacOS X (actually, MacOS in general) is designed to be more spatial-oriented than Windows, and all applications must follow it, so it's not surprising that MacOS programs look better. That said, there's much more to software design than interface, and as an overall program, I'd take Nero over Toast any day of the week.

~KS

From ABC News

"Windows Media Player 10 (WMP) no longer feels like a freebie utility thrown in with the OS (think Notepad), but is an application you'll actually want to use. By giving you easy access to all of your multimedia files (music, photos, and video) and helping you accomplish the tasks you're likely to want to do with them, WMP 10 at least equals — and in our estimation surpasses — the current leader in the field, MusicMatch Jukebox 9.

For starters, Microsoft has moved major function buttons from the left toolbar to the top. The cleaner interface is more pleasing to the eye, and Microsoft also (thankfully) simplified WMP's button language from "Copy from CD" and "Copy to CD or Device" to "Rip," "Burn," and "Sync."

Oh gee, maybe Apple was onto something.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #104 of 151
It's real and it runs.
Just no ones making it for the market.
Florence is a concept platform to try and convince pc manufacturers to make something new and different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back