The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Feb 1, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #4,711 of 4,956

I don't think so although both are 10mm.  What you linked to has single vent holes around the circumference of the driver shroud.  This picture of the newest VSD3s shows a completely different shroud with multiple vent holes.  It's also not fully domed but rather a very deep pie pan like shape with a slightly recessed flat bottom.

The render is rather dreams of vsonic designer i think...

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #4,712 of 4,956
I broke my vsd3 non-detachables around this time last year. I currently own a pair of beyerdynamic t-51i and kz-ed 10. I miss the emphasized treble and tight bass on the vsd3. I would like to purchase the new vsd3s *third gen since my kz-ed 10 are having audio cut-outs at the jack, but unfortunately the vsd3 body doesn't really fit in my ear. 

any alternative iem recommendations?

*I listen to a lot of bass biased music, like a strong treble, and soundstage is really important to me. 
ciao

Feb 4, 2016 at 4:04 PM Post #4,713 of 4,956
  I broke my vsd3 non-detachables around this time last year. I currently own a pair of beyerdynamic t-51i and kz-ed 10. I miss the emphasized treble and tight bass on the vsd3. I would like to purchase the new vsd3s *third gen since my kz-ed 10 are having audio cut-outs at the jack, but unfortunately the vsd3 body doesn't really fit in my ear. 

*I listen to a lot of bass biased music, like a strong treble, and soundstage is really important to me. 
ciao

Havi B3 Pro1.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #4,715 of 4,956

ciao

whats your price range?

a similar sound to the vsd3 (i have the vsd3s, mind you).

hm... have you considered the vsd1 (i haven't heard it myself though) but it was considered a mini gr07 and it could be an option if you like wearing them cable down.

another consideration brainwavz s5? which has a similar sort of bass response, and the midrange is a bit more laid back

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #4,716 of 4,956

ciao
Fxd80

Feb 7, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #4,720 of 4,956
Fiio X1 claims to be able to run 16 to 100 ohms, but I don't know a thing about specs. Care to enlighten me?

The vsd3 is sensitive. It's 24ohms. Which is pretty close to the bottom floor. You can buy cheap ohm adapters. To raise the ohm on the vsd3 or you can buy an amp that will have a cleaner and lower output.

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #4,723 of 4,956
well. i was all set on lendmeurears and was finally going to pull the trigger on the gr07be and then the new vsd3s happens. subbed for more impressions from people that had the old vsd3s... 

Feb 9, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #4,724 of 4,956
  well. i was all set on lendmeurears and was finally going to pull the trigger on the gr07be and then the new vsd3s happens. subbed for more impressions from people that had the old vsd3s... 

well in all likelihood the gr07be is still a great bet

its still my favorite earphone (you can check my profile to see all the iems I've tried/owned)

and its still a community favorite so you can't really go wrong

also its unlikely the vsd3s would eclipse the gr07

the older vsd3s was great but not gr07 great!

I was a huge fan of the vsd3s mind you

the vsd3s is anything like the old one, it should be a great bargain

I wish it would change its name to like vsd3s 2.0 or 2016 or something to better distinguish (via text) between the new and the old one

oh well

Feb 9, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #4,725 of 4,956
I can't quite remember, the VSD3 uses an MMXC connection, right?  If so, http://penonaudio.com/FIDUE-A83-2.5-3.5mm-MMCX-Cable might be an interesting toy to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back