The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Jan 16, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #4,682 of 4,956
I'm still waiting my vsd3s from lmue and it's the older version, just a bit curious about forward sounding, and better soundstage whether the difference is much or not?and i'm actually prefer straight plug than 90 degree, are there have some problem with the older jack? Just wondering :)
The problem with the older jack was that the "strain relief" was a really really hard plastic that isn't flexible, which defeats the purpose of a strain relief. As for the sonic improvements, it appears to be minor. But the benifit of having the new version released is that:
1. The old version goes down to $36
2. The newer version takes the older's previous price of $48, but is (supposedly) better. The connection from the cable to the iem looks better as well. Overall build quality improvement maybe?

Jan 19, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #4,683 of 4,956
I'm still waiting my vsd3s from lmue and it's the older version, just a bit curious about forward sounding, and better soundstage whether the difference is much or not?and i'm actually prefer straight plug than 90 degree, are there have some problem with the older jack? Just wondering
smily_headphones1.gif

i have received my updated version last month. The previous model had ****ty build quality so i have to replace them twice from LMUE. Few comments on the new updated version:
1. The build quality is way better, the strain relief are soft not sharp like previous model. The right angled connector according to me is much better maybe due to better strain relief. My last two replacements got cut off due to sharp edges of strain relief. Now time will tell whether they face similar issues.
2. The new model looks beautiful, the housing of earphone is more transparent though i am not sure about this.
3. Regarding sound, there is lot of improvement. I came to know as soon as i heard them even though i haven't read their official statement regarding sound at that time (basically this is equivalent to blind test). The mids are more forward and the sound stage is what you notice immediately.

Jan 20, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #4,684 of 4,956
The problem with the older jack was that the "strain relief" was a really really hard plastic that isn't flexible, which defeats the purpose of a strain relief. As for the sonic improvements, it appears to be minor. But the benifit of having the new version released is that:
1. The old version goes down to $36
2. The newer version takes the older's previous price of $48, but is (supposedly) better. The connection from the cable to the iem looks better as well. Overall build quality improvement maybe?

Just hope lucky with the jack, i had replaced broken jack vsonic gr02 which have 90 degree and it's too flexible :frowning2:

i have received my updated version last month. The previous model had ****ty build quality so i have to replace them twice from LMUE. Few comments on the new updated version:
1. The build quality is way better, the strain relief are soft not sharp like previous model. The right angled connector according to me is much better maybe due to better strain relief. My last two replacements got cut off due to sharp edges of strain relief. Now time will tell whether they face similar issues.
2. The new model looks beautiful, the housing of earphone is more transparent though i am not sure about this.
3. Regarding sound, there is lot of improvement. I came to know as soon as i heard them even though i haven't read their official statement regarding sound at that time (basically this is equivalent to blind test). The mids are more forward and the sound stage is what you notice immediately.

You have recieve a replacement for new vsd3s? Or you buy it? Hmm so basicly it's worth to have a new version :confused: btw, thanks for the information :)
and still waiting vsd3s hopefully i don't have any problem with it

Jan 20, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #4,685 of 4,956
Everything is quite nice in the price range, well, everything but the jack / cable quality.

I had to replace the cables, and even the replacements have problem now. <_<'

This however is the very first vsd3s model, subsequent iterations as reported by others seem to be better.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #4,686 of 4,956
You have recieve a replacement for new vsd3s? Or you buy it? Hmm so basicly it's worth to have a new version
confused.gif
btw, thanks for the information
smily_headphones1.gif

and still waiting vsd3s hopefully i don't have any problem with it

Earlier i had old version whose left earpiece stopped working and now they have sent me new version as a replacement.

Jan 20, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #4,688 of 4,956
Which company replaced it? Vsonic or lendmeurears?

Lendmeurears. They have excellent customer service, i have replaced two times and that too international shipping. Even second time when they sent me replacement, the earphones got lost during shipping and they took full responsibility and sent me again.

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #4,690 of 4,956
I've ordered me the new version today as well. Couldn't resist the blue/red version....think they look really good. I've actually gone on a spending spree and ordered me 8 different earphone's to try out. Most of them pretty cheap, but also the RHA-MA750, Havi B3 Pro 1 and the Vsonic GR07 MKII as well...gonna listen my way through cold and long days here at work with my Gustard H10 amp. 

Jan 20, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #4,691 of 4,956
  I've ordered me the new version today as well. Couldn't resist the blue/red version....think they look really good. I've actually gone on a spending spree and ordered me 8 different earphone's to try out. Most of them pretty cheap, but also the RHA-MA750, Havi B3 Pro 1 and the Vsonic GR07 MKII as well...gonna listen my way through cold and long days here at work with my Gustard H10 amp. 

Seems you're building a list of some very nice budget earphones (budget as in ~$100 or less). I'm you'll find something to be happy with somewhere in there haha.

Jan 24, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #4,692 of 4,956
So the original cable started to come undone at the straight jack connector (I have detachable version).
I can probably buy the better quality silver cables from luna shop. Is anybody using these here? My concern is that they too have straight jack connectors (not L shaped). Are these more durable than the stock cable at the connector?

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #4,694 of 4,956
  How do you know which to order? I would like the newer version. Which is the right one off Amazon?

I don't see the newest version on Amazon yet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back