The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 5, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #4,656 of 4,956
Yup....the original jack ended up being terrible. I liked it's size and that it was a straight jack, at first. The metal outer portion on mine shifts when you plug them into a device so you have to be extra careful plugging them in. If not, it slides down just enough to prevent the jack from connecting properly in the device and it's a pain to slide it back up (gets wedged into place and won't budge). I've tried re-gluing it a few times but it always fails again. At least my makeshift strain reliefs have held up. First gen detachable cable model still going strong (outside of that jack issue).

Updates to the new model should hopefully make them way more reliable. It's a great iem, but we shouldn't be terrified to use them, haha.

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #4,658 of 4,956
Anyone can translate that page for us? You can see the original post on the Vsonic facebook page as well as what appears to be a link for purchase(...?) I'm not sure. Does it mention any change in sound? VSD3S MKII?

Dec 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #4,661 of 4,956
https://www.facebook.com/519441434834371/photos/a.519503834828131.1073741828.519441434834371/754715791306933/?type=3&theater

New post today, I tried using google's translator and I got something along the lines of: 
"12/12 only be listed mainland , Taiwan early step in the world premiere last week friends - do not forget Limited have promotional Oh !" Releases on December 12th mainland, Taiwan. Limited quantities..?

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #4,663 of 4,956
  Hope strain relief will be more pliable

With this new close-up promo pic, I'm not so confident in that. In fact, I think it'll be less flexible than the old GR-series since it looks like the actual relief part is quite a short rubber piece and the rest is rigid plastic, whereas the old GR-series used a more traditionally sturdy segmented and longer rubber piece.

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #4,664 of 4,956
Yep, mine are broken as well, starting with crackling and then the left side stopped working. Since mine are not the detachable version I'm looking in either changing the cable day method or modding and adding the mmcx connectors +detachable cable.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #4,665 of 4,956
  With this new close-up promo pic, I'm not so confident in that. In fact, I think it'll be less flexible than the old GR-series since it looks like the actual relief part is quite a short rubber piece and the rest is rigid plastic, whereas the old GR-series used a more traditionally sturdy segmented and longer rubber piece.

Yes, original plug was well-designed, even with it's hard plastic strain relief. Usually, as well as on GR07 plug, there are used types 2 press-forms in course to form connector, first holds soldered contact group and wire moulding them with hard plastic, second covers billet with soft rubbery mould that forms strain relief. On VSD3, as I recovered there is also tight plastic that is covered by metal cylinder, but the strain relief is too hard...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back