The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Dec 16, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #4,667 of 4,956
can anyone please tell me if the vsd3s is better than RHA s500 or not.

In my opinion they perform on a similar level and are equally enjoyable. Their signatures are quite different from each other so the one who suits your preference the best will be the best for you (it's impossible for anyone else to tell what you'll enjoy the most).

Dec 16, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #4,668 of 4,956
In my opinion they perform on a similar level and are equally enjoyable. Their signatures are quite different from each other so the one who suits your preference the best will be the best for you (it's impossible for anyone else to tell what you'll enjoy the most).
thanx. my preference is more bassy kind of a sound with warm and balanced sound signature. which one should i buy?

Dec 16, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #4,669 of 4,956
rating: i give 3 stars out of five

pros: good boomy bass if you want it, cheap price? enough detail for the price only, not fatiguing, have warranty, comfort is ok.

cons: bass is too boomy, not as detailed just detailed for price, design meh, build quality is attrocious can break for no reason, no strain relief anywhere, diy feel cables, no mic or remote, wasnt impressed by sound that much.

So i decided to write a review on them. considering they get a lot of hype i wanted to get things straight and give a more accurate description on them if you are considering them if they are worth.

before i begin i need to say that they broke on 3rd week of using them, left iem stopped playing sound in the moring when i woke up. that says it all about build of vsonic iems.

conclusion: if you dont have these i dont think you are missing out on much. and if you want neutral iems you can skip all together. you dont need these. they have elevated bass with higher frequencies rolled off. which could be a good thing if you are sensitive to higher frequencies. thanks

equipment: equipment used to test these iems is vsd3s ofcourse and iphone 4 mostly and iphone 5c. no other dacs.

sound: sound is quite chunky and not as high frequency extended as zennheiser amperiors or anything in sennheiser range. these are not thin. sounding iem, they are thick sounding iem.
the first thing that stands out at you is the bass. they are bass enhanced iems, they say that on the box also. so they are not neutral, if you want neutral iems, please skip, this iem is bassy. the bass dominates on these. they are sort of beats solo 2 bass, a bit more bass than on solo 2 at same volume. dont say i didnt say that. they are bassy. dont say no one said they are bassy, they are. also just because they are recomended it doesnt mean they are better than some other more expensive iem, they are just better than other iems at 45 euro, it doesnt mean they are better than other iems for 75 euro even if vsonic is ranked third place by someone.

detail, resolution: detail is there but i think momentum has more detail than vsd3s and thats considering amperiors have more detail than momentum. that says it all basically about the detail on them.

bass: bass dominates, there is a lot of it, slightly more than on beats solo 2 at same volume. its a boomy bass. thats all i can say about bass.

midrange: im not good at it, but second thing after bass that stands at you is the songer vocals are up front at any volume. may be thats midrange.

high frequency: ther higher frequency is audible but not extended. there is little sense of air with mp3 songs with lossles flacs there is more resolution and more air in the track.

soundstage: no soundstage at all, typical of iems. i was kind of disapointed that they didnt sound open. they sounded closed.

comfort: they are very comfortable. with some quirks. they are more comfortable than any iem ive ever used or headphone too. but they are not completely comfortable. they are the only iem headphone that the more you ise the more it disapears. but, there are some annoying issues. the iem housing is big, it often made hot spotsin concha of ear because they are large. over ear cable you are also aware of the over ear cables. the good thing about the over ear is that they are comfortable, because they are over ear they dont come out of your ear as with those that hang down cause they dont pull on the iems. so if you want them for jogging they are auper. also foam ones give more stability but even with sillicone they dont come off. even when you tug on cables iems dont come out as they tug on ears rather than iems.
now for lauing on pillow they didnt work for me. when you lay the ear tip hole gets closed off and you hear no sound. and they dont have a ball joint to point them in direction where it wont close off the iem tip. second the iem is very thick at 11mm, 1.1cm that when you lay on pillow the pillow presses on iem and iem presses on ear concha that its sore to use them on pillow. so disapointment for me there. they are not good for laying on pillow and listening. but most iems arent.

genres: i think they sound good for all genres except for classical music because of bass

built: built is passable. the cables remind me of diy project with woven cables with heatshrink applied over it, but its good enough, but not from aestetic point of view.
the straight jack has no strain relieve and its a major flaw in its build. you feel like the cable is gonna snap any time at the jack. no strain relieve anywhere else on this iem but main is at the jack and its not there.

accessories: they come with five tips pairs and one pair of cable guides. four sillicone tips, small large and medium of single flange sillicone tips, one medium sillicone double flange tip and one pair of comply foam tips. they use comply foam 100 if you want more that apparently last only about one and a half month, and that supplied foam tips suppose to last only one and a half months. my vsd3s broke on third week, so ive no idea if thats how long the supposed to last. they also have some foam tips for sale with antibacterial that last six months. ive no idea, do your own research.
also comes with a velvet kind of material pouch, which i didnt use and it already collected white lints from somewhere, that thing is a lint magnet so may be use sellotape to get them of it id you use it.

microphonics: there is no microphonics cause they go over ear and cable noise isnt transmitted to iems.

wind noise: yes you get it, you hear wind noise with them.

isolation: Its not complete noise isolation. if you flick your fingers you will hear it.

eq: its easy to eq them but they do distort when you eq them.

warranty: they are good at replacing them. first they ask you to post iems without tips and packaging, just iem with cheapest post. i paid 1.95 euro to post them as large evelope at 28grams including envelope. first they wait to receive them, then they send back a new pair.

initial impressions: when i first put them in my ear to listen to them i got disapointed as the sound was regular.

later impression: everything ive described above.

final impression: the same as initial impression, disapoined also considering they broke on 3rd week for nothing. in the moring left iem just stopped making any sound.

satisfaction: i give it 2.5 may be 3 if i would be generous out of 5. they only distract you from daily things and the sound wasnt that good.

ear fatigue: they have minimal ear fatigue.

would i reccomend vsd3s: only at 30 euro not at 45 with non detachable cables. i guess 15 euro is exactly their profit margin on each one after postage, packaging material and faulty iem replacement. sorry i got underwhelmed at the bs hype of the head-fi and other reviewers on youtube. but i liked owning them and getting a taste of the flavour of its sound. and to tell you that they are ok not that good as people say.
overall i enjoyed these, its thick bass and up front singers vocals and descently comfortable iem. but it sounded rather unspectacular for me, and i didnt like the comfort it hurt concha of ears and not much detail in them, i didnt like design much and couldnt use it on pillow, sound stops from blocking the ear tip, too thick and hurt concha of ear even more when laying, wasnt even possible to use that way and to top it all of left ear just broke and stopped playing when i woke up on their own. they are 40 euro good, nothing else. and initial impression when i listened it sounded regular to me and burn in didnt do nothing, diy kind of feel cable, no strain relief particularly at the 3.5mm jack. and it didnt feel like it was tuned after any 400 euro iem hm westone 4r, its just a marketing push really. so dont expect wonders, but it was good at what it did well. nice bass for those who like bass, up front singer vocals, didnt come out of ears as over ear design and cable doesnt pull on iems, it pulls on ear instead if you pull the cable, so may be they are good for jogging. better at eqing than cheaper earphones, pretty good resolution and you could understand singer's lirycs descently and i liked over ear design, made you feel and others that saw them that you are may be a musician. but all said its all just gimmick. i cant recomend this iem. i didnt feel it was that good.

design: for me its a cheap design. plastic isnt for me.

here is my video review of these vsonic vsd3s iems review on youtube if you are interested.

Vsonic VSD3S review
https://youtu.be/kE9pjzIVl7k
how do you compait these with RHA s500, which ones are better according to you?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #4,670 of 4,956
thanx. my preference is more bassy kind of a sound with warm and balanced sound signature. which one should i buy?

For a warmer sound I'd go for the VSD3S. Non of the at truly balanced really but I wouldn't call one more balanced than the other either.

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #4,671 of 4,956
Does anyone know anything about the new version of the vsd3s available at lend me ur ears???
They say they have updated the sound quality and the build, also it has a 90 degree plug instead of a straight one
If someone happens to buy them please give us some impressions

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #4,672 of 4,956
Such an amazing sound for me on the VSD3, absolutely love it.  I just wish the housing was slightly smaller, because there certainly can be discomfort issues at times.

Jan 14, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #4,673 of 4,956
  Does anyone know anything about the new version of the vsd3s available at lend me ur ears???
They say they have updated the sound quality and the build, also it has a 90 degree plug instead of a straight one
If someone happens to buy them please give us some impressions

I might pick a pair up, seeing as my originals (detachable cable version) someties die out on me. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #4,676 of 4,956

Quote:
Quote:
I might pick a pair up, seeing as my originals (detachable cable version) someties die out on me. 
Bruno Almeida said:
After you buye them, tell me what you think about them if you can please :grin:

I'd like to read how you find them as well especially compared to your older pair.  I'm quite curious about the new "tuning."

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #4,678 of 4,956
  as am i!

i'm still thoroughly enjoying my pair =)

Me too along with my Techne's :)    Given both are single dynamic drivers, I've also been curious about reasonably priced  multi-driver and hybrid configurations, wondering if any represent a significant step up. 

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #4,679 of 4,956
[/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back