The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Oct 1, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #4,636 of 4,956
Sort of really late eh, but how did you manage to open it?
My cables died, and instead of buying a new one, I'll try to solder one directly to the driver, althought I don't know how I can open it without destroying the housing, thanks!

Oye,make sure the jack part is ok before you try opening the shells........

Oct 3, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #4,637 of 4,956

Sort of really late eh, but how did you manage to open it?
My cables died, and instead of buying a new one, I'll try to solder one directly to the driver, althought I don't know how I can open it without destroying the housing, thanks!

Hope this helps, there is a description under the vid.
Opening VSD3 and VSD5 shell.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #4,640 of 4,956
Off-topic, but remember how I said I got that Sound Intone E6 for the heck of it a month ago? A VSD3S it ain't (obviously), though I can say it's almost exactly what I expect from such a product. Severely V-shaped with very prominent bass. For quick impressions, I'd say it's appropriate enough to say it's like a Xiaomi Piston 2, but with a more comfortable fit and better isolation, though overall sound quality goes to the Xiaomi by a little bit. It has tighter bass in similar quantity and everything just sounds a tiny bit cleaner. Not bad though, maybe I'll create a random thread for it just because I don't see its own thread anywhere so I can post some photos and slightly longer impressions (wouldn't be surprised if it was mentioned in the massive Chinese IEMs thread though).

Oct 22, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #4,641 of 4,956
So, I just got the VSonic VSD3 (Non S, Non detachable.) yesterday, and I've already listened to them for about 8-10 hours. I have a few thoughts on what I think of them as my first well researched IEM. Needless to say, I am very happy so far.

First of all, the bass. In one word, it's delicious. The bass is huge, punchy, and has great tone. It's just enough to give your music a lot of oomph without overwhelming it. Well, it can get a bit boomy if you're listening to more quiet music (for example, the electric bass on The Mountain Goats' "Stabbed to Death Outside San Juan" is a bit too overbearing (By the way, John Darnielle's voice sounds particularly clear and clean on these) There's something really fun about the bass here, and it's not something I've heard yet (As I'm still pretty new to the audio world).

The midrange and treble are great too. Guitars and violins just sing on these. I think i would describe these as lush sounding with a good amount of attack. Not really "In your face," but there is a lot of presence and energy here. The treble brings a lot of space and detail into the mix, but it can get pretty sibilant. I expect the sibilance to improve with burn in. The VSD3's are a lot of fun to listen to, while still keeping a lot of detail and neutrality in there as well (Don't use these for any sort of monitoring, though.)

The presentation suprised me, with an intimate soundstage that has a decent amount of separation. They definitely don't sound like you have something in your ears, which is a huge plus. You get the feeling of instruments popping into a certain place in the world, and while that space isn't too wide, it's very clearly defined. The isolation really suprised me as well. I'm currently listening to music at a reasonably loud level, and I can't hear my mechanical keyboard at all. Nothing I've ever tried can do that.

One thing that I kind of dread: These are really easy to drive. This means that I can hear my sound card in a way that I wasn't able to before. That means.... Static. I can hear static and clicking that my phone does for the first time, and I can hear it a bit on my computer as well. However, it's not present enough for me to be concerned, considering I paid $45 for them. However, I know that the future of spending money on DACs and amps draws closer...

In Conclusion: Yes. Just yes. I like my Sennheiser Momentums because of their warm tone and great detail. I like my Grado SR60i's for their shimmery treble and addictive mids. These have a bit of both. Maybe the sound isn't as refined, and maybe their flaws are a more obvious, but this is a sound that has the good parts of both of my big audio purchases. And I can take these anywhere and block out the world with them? Pinch me, I have to be dreaming.

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #4,643 of 4,956
Alright so to all the problems posed by the poor cable quality, I found a new replacement cable different than the one supplied by vsonic. Here is the link to where I bought mine: http://world.taobao.com/item/521141218215.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.tRpNlE&_u=f1sh0nrqcc7f

Nov 16, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #4,644 of 4,956
Guys I need some tips recommend, lost my box and all the tips came with.

Right now Im using the HTC stock iems tips (the red one) for my VSD3 and not happy with the sound, the upper sounds kinda harsh.

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #4,648 of 4,956
Hi!
My Vsonic VSD3S detachable cable version left earphone has stopped working.I replaced the cable with new one,but not the main cable the problem.Any solution?
Can i buy anywhere just a left side earphone? thanks all

Nov 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #4,649 of 4,956
Hi!
My Vsonic VSD3S detachable cable version left earphone has stopped working.I replaced the cable with new one,but not the main cable the problem.Any solution?
Can i buy anywhere just a left side earphone? thanks all

Open it up there is a video on how to do it on YouTube. I think you may just need to re weld a little wire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back