The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz)
Sep 11, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #4,606 of 4,956
Good luck finding me I've been called the Where's Waldo of my generation

I see you....you're right here on this forum! It took a few clicks. Heck, you even responded to my quote, didn't seem too hard to find you
tongue.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #4,607 of 4,956
Hi guys! I recently bought a pair of VSD3 (non-removable cable) at Amazon. I want to know what "sound signature" should I expect from it or how would you describe its sound. I believe it requires 100hrs of burn-in. More or less 80hrs is done and my initial impression is so-so.. I could be wrong, maybe that's how they really sound but I still want to hear your opinions..

Thanks a lot!! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #4,608 of 4,956
  Hi guys! I recently bought a pair of VSD3 (non-removable cable) at Amazon. I want to know what "sound signature" should I expect from it or how would you describe its sound. I believe it requires 100hrs of burn-in. More or less 80hrs is done and my initial impression is so-so.. I could be wrong, maybe that's how they really sound but I still want to hear your opinions..

Thanks a lot!! 
beerchug.gif

They were pretty clear with a boost in mids and relatively tight but ample bass for me. Actually, scratch that, you got the VDS3, I had a VSD3S. I think I've read that the VSD3 is a little darker than the VSD3S though.

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:42 AM Post #4,609 of 4,956

Thanks a lot!! 
beerchug.gif

It's a full-sounding IEM with slightly heavy mids and strong, boosted bass. Overall tonality is somewhat dark.

I didn't bother burning them in, so I just used them from the get-go.

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,610 of 4,956
A boost in the mids?? That's weird.. Well I am using it with my iBasso DX50 directly and my initial impression was "bassy and overpowering sometimes, dark, the vocals is kinda V or U shape, and there's a little bit of sibilance (SS instead of S)"

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #4,611 of 4,956
A boost in the mids?? That's weird.. Well I am using it with my iBasso DX50 directly and my initial impression was "bassy and overpowering sometimes, dark, the vocals is kinda V or U shape, and there's a little bit of sibilance (SS instead of S)"

I don't think the VSD3 have forward mids, but they are somewhat weighty, lush and thick. I have never found them sibilant, though. Treble is brittle and not as smooth as I'd like. Still, I think they are an all-round great IEM.

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #4,612 of 4,956

I don't think the VSD3 have forward mids, but they are somewhat weighty, lush and thick. I have never found them sibilant, though. Treble is brittle and not as smooth as I'd like. Still, I think they are an all-round great IEM.

Well thanks. Maybe I'll finish the 100hrs and we'll see what's gonna happen. I am using a pink noise in medium volume level for burning it in so I believe I am not harming the earphones..hehe

"Still, I think they are an all-round great IEM" - I highly agree :) They are great sounding earphones considering the price I paid for it..

I am also wondering, most of the reviews and from their advertisement. VSD3 / VSD3S are tuned to sound like a Westone 4.. Is it true? So this is how Westone 4 sounds?

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #4,613 of 4,956
I don't know but is there a way to know how these would sound like in comparison to what I already have? I have a pair of CKX5iS but there's no way to know if the VSonic ones might sound better or worse.. any tips?

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #4,614 of 4,956

Thanks a lot!! 
beerchug.gif

This is obviously just my opinion so take from it what you will. If you're not that keen on the sound after 80 hours burn in, then continuing to burn them in probably won't make any difference, if burn in even makes any significant difference at all anyway. I loved mine straight out of the box. I don't think I've used mine anything like 80 hours, but I've used them regularly since I got them over two weeks ago and they sound amazing. From reviews I've seen on youtube, the difference between the VSD3 and S version is negligible, so I doubt the sound signature is hugely different.

Also I personally wouldn't have bought from Amazon. Not saying you have fakes, but there are only two official stockists that sell genuine Vsonics, LMUE and Penon audio. 

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #4,615 of 4,956
  This is obviously just my opinion so take from it what you will. If you're not that keen on the sound after 80 hours burn in, then continuing to burn them in probably won't make any difference, if burn in even makes any significant difference at all anyway. I loved mine straight out of the box. I don't think I've used mine anything like 80 hours, but I've used them regularly since I got them over two weeks ago and they sound amazing. From reviews I've seen on youtube, the difference between the VSD3 and S version is negligible, so I doubt the sound signature is hugely different.

Also I personally wouldn't have bought from Amazon. Not saying you have fakes, but there are only two official stockists that sell genuine Vsonics, LMUE and Penon audio. 

I did a mistake. I counted again the hours I'm burning it in and I've only played it for 48 hours so far..my bad..hehe 
biggrin.gif

I'll update you guys when 100hrs is done. I bought from Amazon CA and their distributor is LMUE so I don't think it is fake..

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:25 PM Post #4,616 of 4,956
I don't know but is there a way to know how these would sound like in comparison to what I already have? I have a pair of CKX5iS but there's no way to know if the VSonic ones might sound better or worse.. any tips?

they sound like beats solo 2 but not as good. lots of bass like beats, a bit more bass than beats at same volume, midrange is upfront, vocals are upfront, and not extended high frequencies at all, might be an advantage depending on your tastes. its a so so realy earphone. im sure people that are here like it but it wont compete with beats solo 2, i would rather have beats solo 2 than vsd3s, like if you find beats solo 2 for similar money, or whatever. people go for cheap stuff these days but if you spend a bit more, look on discounts of solo 2 or whatever you get better audio. as for 28 euro they defo are fine. cheers

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #4,617 of 4,956
they sound like beats solo 2 but not as good. lots of bass like beats, a bit more bass than beats at same volume, midrange is upfront, vocals are upfront, and not extended high frequencies at all, might be an advantage depending on your tastes. its a so so realy earphone. im sure people that are here like it but it wont compete with beats solo 2, i would rather have beats solo 2 than vsd3s, like if you find beats solo 2 for similar money, or whatever. people go for cheap stuff these days but if you spend a bit more, look on discounts of solo 2 or whatever you get better audio. as for 28 euro they defo are fine. cheers

but the solo2 are almost hm... 3-4x the money. that's not fair =o.

but like you I do enjoy the sound of the solo2s, I probably will snap up a pair!

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #4,618 of 4,956

Thanks a lot!! 
beerchug.gif

I've had the vsd3s since way back, I was the first batch of the red/blue detachable one, and I didn't notice any difference in the sound, they probably have over 200 hours of plain listening time, and I like em from day one!

Vsonic certainly takes their sweet time making their gear, but in the end it seems to be worth the wait =)

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #4,619 of 4,956

but the solo2 are almost hm... 3-4x the money. that's not fair =o.

but like you I do enjoy the sound of the solo2s, I probably will snap up a pair!

The Solo 2 sounds fine (still overpriced like EVERYTHING made by Beats, but has decent sound quality from an objective standpoint), but I just have issues with on-ears. They aren't comfortable for me at all, even if I didn't have glasses. Just not my kinda headphone. Either gotta have full headphones or IEMs. Plus, I'm not the kinda guy who brings headphones out and about cuz they're just too bulky for me to carry around. And that's exactly what they're designed for, so they just aren't for me in just about every way haha.

Sep 13, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #4,620 of 4,956

The Solo 2 sounds fine (still overpriced like EVERYTHING made by Beats, but has decent sound quality from an objective standpoint), but I just have issues with on-ears. They aren't comfortable for me at all, even if I didn't have glasses. Just not my kinda headphone. Either gotta have full headphones or IEMs. Plus, I'm not the kinda guy who brings headphones out and about cuz they're just too bulky for me to carry around. And that's exactly what they're designed for, so they just aren't for me in just about every way haha.

that's why I like on ears! they aren't too bulky to take around.

but my ears work with on ears soo that's okay, but when i do my hair and such or if its warm outside  i tend to just use iems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back