The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 20, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #1,006 of 2,621
Last night I spent time going through "audiophile" playlists on spotify, and I came away even more impressed. The 560s for lack of a better term just spanked the 6xx and 58x on pretty much every genre. Its like going from listening in a 4x4 room to a movie theatre switching between the 6xx and 560s, and somehow the latter doesn't lose anything in terms of detail. Its pretty remarkable.

Over all of the different tracks among different genres, I never felt the 560s was harsh in treble. In just seems right to me.

I'm shaking my head at the notion that a $200 headphone in the design of the Sennheiser 5 series, their "consumer" line, could be my endgame. I just have zero complaints from my listening session. Its pretty much perfect to me. This makes no sense to me because logically I feel like the 6xx/650 should be better. Initially on the first day my bias told me that yes, the 6xx is clearly better. After several days now I'm coming to terms with the fact that no, the 560s is actually just better. I didn't want that to be the case really as I love the 6xx and hold it in super high regard, if anything my bias would have lead me to the opposite conclusion. But here we are.
Glad you've found a great set of cans for your preferences!

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #1,007 of 2,621
Do you have both? I'm sorry if I missed that earlier but I wasn't sure if you said you had done a direct comparison yourself? I have the 007 and like those.
I have the Sivga 007. I don’t have the 560s yet, but in oluv test it sounds the same. Both are bright, but not sibilant.

Oct 20, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #1,009 of 2,621
I have the Sivga 007. I don’t have the 560s yet, but in oluv test it sounds the same. Both are bright, but not sibilant.

I’ll admit I haven’t listened lately my 007, but I’d be very surprised if the 560 sounds like them.

I recall the 007 having a relatively intimate soundstage which is very different than I read the 560 being described. I’d wager that 560 sounding like the 007 is somewhat an artifact of the demo and its shortcomings.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,010 of 2,621
Joshua Valor just released his full review of the 560s and he describes the sound stage as right outside your ear vs. inside your head with the HD 6X0 series. I think this is the best description to me. It is by no means a large sound stage, but it is better than the 6 series.

The Sundara's by comparison, sound much wider. Those sound like you're in a large hallway.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #1,012 of 2,621
Joshua Valor just released his full review of the 560s and he describes the sound stage as right outside your ear vs. inside your head with the HD 6X0 series. I think this is the best description to me. It is by no means a large sound stage, but it is better than the 6 series.

The Sundara's by comparison, sound much wider. Those sound like you're in a large hallway.
I’d agree with this , soundstage about an inch either side of the ears , as these are my first open back , I was slightly disappointed it was so narrow .

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #1,013 of 2,621

I wonder if this has something to do with ear shape and possibly head size (and thus clamping force and how much the pads are recessed), as they sound significantly wider to me. They sound similar to 598 soundstage. The difference between it and the 6 series is big in my experience.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #1,014 of 2,621
It always bums me out that aftermarket cables are so damn expensive. I mean, in SOME cases, I get why they are, it is just hard for me to overcome the mental hurdle of not wanting to spend above a certain %of the cost of the headphone/IEM to get a damn piece of wire, hahahaha. This additional cost of entry (for balanced 4.4mm) is the only reason I haven't pre-ordered a 560S.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #1,015 of 2,621
It always bums me out that aftermarket cables are so damn expensive. I mean, in SOME cases, I get why they are, it is just hard for me to overcome the mental hurdle of not wanting to spend above a certain %of the cost of the headphone/IEM to get a damn piece of wire, hahahaha. This additional cost of entry (for balanced 4.4mm) is the only reason I haven't pre-ordered a 560S.

New Fantasia cables on Amazon are not expensive. I'm using them with my HD660S and Focal Elear and they work very well.

Oct 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,016 of 2,621

He also said the Beyers have much wider staging

Wonder which ones he was refering to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back