The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 14, 2020 at 10:40 PM Post #766 of 2,621
I found a really good song for you to really hear the difference between HD600/HD650/HD58X soundstage intimacy versus HD 560S, Sway by Cuebrick

spotify:track:4zzray58AcfYNe9rR9nFRg

About 10 seconds in to around 45 seconds in, where she is singing ever so gently "sway with me" etc, you can hear how condensed/congested it sounds on HD58X - ruining this particular part of the song, and swap and listen to same part again with HD 560 S, night and day difference. you literally want to sway with her, this is the way that song was meant to sound, and it is seductive on the HD 560 S. absolutely beautiful... ugh that is so good, you only need to listen to that 10-45 second beginning of the song to really see what I mean. its night and day better than HD58X for songs like this one. even the intimacy of her voice is better on HD 560 S for this particular song. and usually I favor 58X intimacy.

comfort 10/10
fatigue 10/10 (hd58x wears me out after an hr or so, but these i can easily see myself wearing and listening for 14 hour sessions)

I would call this headphone absolutely relaxing, heavenly, like caramel being poured onto silk cloth...
Do you play games or watch movies? Some impressions please.

Oct 14, 2020 at 11:00 PM Post #767 of 2,621
Been listening to these a bit for the past few hours, I am liking these quite a bit actually, seem to be what I was hoping for sound wise. Need to spend more time with them of course. Not liking them much on the Lyr 3 on any of my tubes, my T1.3 also doesn't like that amp that much. But I found the T1.2, HD 6XX, and Amiron Home loved the Lyr 3. I am preferring the HD 560 S out of the Magni Heresy to the Lyr 3. I need to try my Project Sunrise 3 though.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #768 of 2,621
You are probably the first one I hear from that says the 6 series have nice soundstage. No offense, of course. Perception varies. Just saying. I tried the 660s at store before and I was shocked at how closed-in the sound was compared to my x2hr and the hd800s.

I have the HD660S and HD6XX. both have fairly narrow soundstage compared to any other open headphone I've heard.

Oct 14, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #769 of 2,621
Do you play games or watch movies? Some impressions please.

I game yes, I played some Starcraft 2 co-op tonight, sounded great.

No movies yet, but I did listen to a podcast, and wow the crispness of a voice using a high quality microphone/recording really shows you what these headphones can do. I heard everything (for better and worse) lol very detailed for podcast talks.

Oct 15, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #770 of 2,621
Okay so I am a couple hours in and these are sooo worth the $199 asking price. I personally prefer these over both the 600 and 650 already for my tastes. So far the 560S are one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned, seriously. Light as a feather and I enjoy the depth and shape of the pads as they don't touch my ears at all.
Sound wise, holy crap, these are budget reference kings! Excellent detail retrieval, balanced mids and crisp highs (that aren't fatiguing at all imo) bass that extends pretty low, but in a very natural way. Overall a very nice transparent and neutral sound, which definitely will showcase any gear or source you are pulling from, so there is tons of potential here. Honestly shocked. Great job on this one Sennheiser 👏

Here is one of the songs I used to demo that recommend trying out:

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #772 of 2,621
I game yes, I played some Starcraft 2 co-op tonight, sounded great.

No movies yet, but I did listen to a podcast, and wow the crispness of a voice using a high quality microphone/recording really shows you what these headphones can do. I heard everything (for better and worse) lol very detailed for podcast talks.
Does the sound feel big? As in soundstage and such. Do you own any headphone with large soundstage to compare to?

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #775 of 2,621
not BIG like an LCD, but soundstage is great
hmm I haven't heard any planar before so I'm not sure how big the sound is on those.
I found a really good song for you to really hear the difference between HD600/HD650/HD58X soundstage intimacy versus HD 560S, Sway by Cuebrick

spotify:track:4zzray58AcfYNe9rR9nFRg

About 10 seconds in to around 45 seconds in, where she is singing ever so gently "sway with me" etc, you can hear how condensed/congested it sounds on HD58X - ruining this particular part of the song, and swap and listen to same part again with HD 560 S, night and day difference. you literally want to sway with her, this is the way that song was meant to sound, and it is seductive on the HD 560 S. absolutely beautiful... ugh that is so good, you only need to listen to that 10-45 second beginning of the song to really see what I mean. its night and day better than HD58X for songs like this one. even the intimacy of her voice is better on HD 560 S for this particular song. and usually I favor 58X intimacy.

comfort 10/10
fatigue 10/10 (hd58x wears me out after an hr or so, but these i can easily see myself wearing and listening for 14 hour sessions)

I would call this headphone absolutely relaxing, heavenly, like caramel being poured onto silk cloth...
Listening to this on the x2hr. The "sway with me" at around 42 second mark sounds pretty ethereal. Wonder if it is similar on the hd560s. Based on your description, seems like it is, or even better. Also, the kicks are HARD on this track. I can really feel the thumps with my x2hr.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #776 of 2,621
hmm I haven't heard any planar before so I'm not sure how big the sound is on those.

Listening to this on the x2hr. The "sway with me" at around 42 second mark sounds pretty ethereal. Wonder if it is similar on the hd560s. Based on your description, seems like it is, or even better. Also, the kicks are HARD on this track. I can really feel the thumps with my x2hr.
Ide say its like a less peaky a little less bassy x2hr

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:53 AM Post #777 of 2,621
Ide say its like a less peaky a little less bassy x2hr
Less peaky maybe a good thing since on certain tracks it feels piercing on my x2hr. Less bassy? Hmm. Hopefully it's less but cleaner and less boomy. But I feel the bass on my x2hr is already pretty clean and thumpy and not muddy at all. If we are talking about muddy bass, try the hyperx cloud alpha. I don't understand how that gaming headset got so much praise. Everything sounds super muddy. My other Sony Platinum gaming headset sound much better. Guess I like brighter headphones.

Oct 15, 2020 at 2:24 AM Post #778 of 2,621
Less peaky maybe a good thing since on certain tracks it feels piercing on my x2hr. Less bassy? Hmm. Hopefully it's less but cleaner and less boomy. But I feel the bass on my x2hr is already pretty clean and thumpy and not muddy at all. If we are talking about muddy bass, try the hyperx cloud alpha. I don't understand how that gaming headset got so much praise. Everything sounds super muddy. My other Sony Platinum gaming headset sound much better. Guess I like brighter headphones.
yea the bass isnt muddy at all actually. It's very natural with good impact off my thx 789

Oct 15, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #780 of 2,621
Do you own the x2hr? How are the soundstage and imaging on the hd560s compared to those? Soundstage is wide on the x2hr but I feel the imaging is not very good.
I did own it, ide say the x2hr is great for battlefield type games or movies or EDM, where the HD560s is super natural and more detailed with great imaging.. I PERSONALLY prefer the HD560s as the better allrounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back