The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 15, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #781 of 2,621
I did own it, ide say the x2hr is great for battlefield type games or movies or EDM, where the HD560s is super natural and more detailed with great imaging.. I PERSONALLY prefer the HD560s as the better allrounder.
Thanks. I will report back once I get to test them myself. I like the x2hr but the fact that they are not available locally means that if I want a new pair in the future I have to have them shipped from another country. Phillips quality control is not the best so I may end up with a dud and it is gonna cost a lot to return. Besides, I prefer the look of Senn headphones. The x2hr look a bit bulky and weird on the head. It's just that I tried the hd660s and was very disappointed at its closed in sound signature.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #783 of 2,621
Thanks. I will report back once I get to test them myself. I like the x2hr but the fact that they are not available locally means that if I want a new pair in the future I have to have them shipped from another country. Phillips quality control is not the best so I may end up with a dud and it is gonna cost a lot to return. Besides, I prefer the look of Senn headphones. The x2hr look a bit bulky and weird on the head. It's just that I tried the hd660s and was very disappointed at its closed in sound signature.
yea the hd660s is a great intimate sound, but this just widens and deepens it while maintaining mid presence

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:02 AM Post #784 of 2,621
received my 560s today. I like neutral sound so the 560s defintely had my hopes up based upon what it was advertised to be. the unit is brand new and so i have limited impressions and in fairness to the unit i should let it burn in before commenting too much. certainly i will not provide a formal review yet, but i did want to say to me it lives up to its billing and my expectation. I am extremely impressed. I do wish it had a detachable cable and maybe better quality parts. But the unassuming packaging and materials are as good or better than one has a right to expect given the price. And i like the straight forward approach - it works. I like the unit better than my jubilee and better than my senn 65x. i may even prefer it to my hd800 tonally. it is clear and has punch, good dynamics and good tonal balance. within the last week i recently received the Hedd and Final Audio D8000 pro. i can honestly say that i prefer the tonal balance over the Hedd, which sounds somewhat dark to me, is humongous, and heavy and has limited headband extension. Granted the hedd is also new so sound may change since I'm not sure how many consider it dark. also, if we are talking strictly tonal balance, I may prefer the 560s to my also new d8000 pro which requires high volume to sound its best. not saying that the 560s is a better headphone than the pro overall, but what i am saying is this headphone competes with headphones costing many times more. btw, also not ruling out that i might wind up preferring the 560s to the pro. I think where the 560s will fall short compared to the uber-expensive flagships is in size of soundstage, possibly timbre, resolution, and separation of instruments. But punch, clarity, and tonal balance are excellent and it might just compete with many flagships; though it may not come out on top, it will hold its own. if they made this unit with extravigant materials and marketing, the sound quality would certainly support a much higher cost to go along with an elevated status.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #785 of 2,621
Nice write up!
One thing - the cable actually is detachable, you have to twist to unlock it. The length was my only gripe though. Its not even a high quality cable so idk why they couldnt just throw in a smaller one too. That and I wish the headband was metal because its easier to bend and adjust for folks with larger craniums.
Besides that, I'm more than pleased.

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #786 of 2,621
Nice write up!
One thing - the cable actually is detachable, you have to twist to unlock it. The length was my only gripe though. Its not even a high quality cable so idk why they couldnt just throw in a smaller one too. That and I wish the headband was metal because its easier to bend and adjust for folks with larger craniums.
Besides that, I'm more than pleased.
Which direction do you have to twist?

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:51 AM Post #787 of 2,621
The only real complaint I have about the fit and finish would have to be the cable, I don't really have any real complaints about the actual headphone itself, the cable I would say is the cheapest feeling part of the headphones build but it's replaceable.

Which direction do you have to twist?

Counter-clockwise to unlock.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #788 of 2,621
The only real complaint I have about the fit and finish would have to be the cable, I don't really have any real complaints about the actual headphone itself, the cable I would say is the cheapest feeling part of the headphones build but it's replaceable. It's not going to feel like a Focal or a high-end Beyer, but even the HD 800 feels cheap compared to those.

Counter-clockwise to unlock.

Oct 15, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #789 of 2,621
received my 560s today. I like neutral sound so the 560s defintely had my hopes up based upon what it was advertised to be. the unit is brand new and so i have limited impressions and in fairness to the unit i should let it burn in before commenting too much. certainly i will not provide a formal review yet, but i did want to say to me it lives up to its billing and my expectation. I am extremely impressed. I do wish it had a detachable cable and maybe better quality parts. But the unassuming packaging and materials are as good or better than one has a right to expect given the price. And i like the straight forward approach - it works. I like the unit better than my jubilee and better than my senn 65x. i may even prefer it to my hd800 tonally. it is clear and has punch, good dynamics and good tonal balance. within the last week i recently received the Hedd and Final Audio D8000 pro. i can honestly say that i prefer the tonal balance over the Hedd, which sounds somewhat dark to me, is humongous, and heavy and has limited headband extension. Granted the hedd is also new so sound may change since I'm not sure how many consider it dark. also, if we are talking strictly tonal balance, I may prefer the 560s to my also new d8000 pro which requires high volume to sound its best. not saying that the 560s is a better headphone than the pro overall, but what i am saying is this headphone competes with headphones costing many times more. btw, also not ruling out that i might wind up preferring the 560s to the pro. I think where the 560s will fall short compared to the uber-expensive flagships is in size of soundstage, possibly timbre, resolution, and separation of instruments. But punch, clarity, and tonal balance are excellent and it might just compete with many flagships; though it may not come out on top, it will hold its own. if they made this unit with extravigant materials and marketing, the sound quality would certainly support a much higher cost to go along with an elevated status.
How's the soundstage compared to the hd800? I mean it's a ridiculous question but maybe you can give a percentage figure? And how much bigger is the soundstage compared to the jubilee and the 6 series?

Oct 15, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #790 of 2,621
How's the soundstage compared to the hd800? I mean it's a ridiculous question but maybe you can give a percentage figure? And how much bigger is the soundstage compared to the jubilee and the 6 series?

6xx has smaller soundstage. Almost to a point that is quite dumb (on the 6xx side)

Even my superlux have more soundstage then 6xx.

PS: Guyz try this:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #791 of 2,621
Look who's here!
IMG_20201015_151819.jpg

Oct 15, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #794 of 2,621
Anyone got a link to a good replacement cable for these? They actually power pretty well off of my Note9 so the convenience of a shorter cable would be nice.Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back