The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 14, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #753 of 2,621
Bass is good in quality, extends deep, just not much quantity. I find it quite nice though. Quality is important, X2 bass for example is not quality imo or to my ears anyway. I'd say this headphone does everything just right really. Clarity is so important in vocals to me, so many headphones just make it hard it understand words, and this headphone does not have that problem. My SHP9500 are legendary for this... they sound great mostly I can hear everything just fine, but some words just I can't hear the full pronunciation, something gets lost - and this one has no issue with that. I don't know if any of that makes sense, but its just in my experience.

Oct 14, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #755 of 2,621
Wow, these are pretty unbelievable. Easily on par with the 600 series. Insane clarity, wide soundstage, great imaging tight deep bass, goodness. The build quality is lacking, but for the sound, it’s going to be hard to beat. Additionally, drums sound amazing. Cord noise is a bit annoying. Zero distortion. They knocked it out of the park with the 560s..New Deftones album and these=heaven

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #756 of 2,621
Wow, these are pretty unbelievable. Easily on par with the 600 series

Sennheiser did a fantastic job with this one! Timbre is not bad at all on my second listen today.

I wish this was my first budget headphone a few years back. You can literally be an audiophile on a budget lol

The open stage is reminiscent of the Stax Sr-Lambda NB I owned. Only this has better tonality and obviously more bass impact and extension.

Good thing I sold my Stax a few months ago :]

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #757 of 2,621
Wow, these are pretty unbelievable. Easily on par with the 600 series. Insane clarity, wide soundstage, great imaging tight deep bass, goodness. The build quality is lacking, but for the sound, it’s going to be hard to beat. Additionally, drums sound amazing
I think "on par with the 600 series" and "wide soundstage" sound a bit contradicting

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #760 of 2,621
How so? All the 600s have a nice soundstage. No, it’s not an 800s, but still pretty wide

are you using your HD600 with a OTL tube amp? I think most would argue HD600 and HD650 have very tiny soundstage. unless on OTL tubes.

Oct 14, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #762 of 2,621
Pro tip to those of you that requested a cancel order, but they were unable to cancel, they automatically produce RMA numbers/emails in the event you fail to refuse. I called today to RMA, and they were like we emailed you the RMA number and instructions two days ago I was like huh? It was buried in the 6-8 emails I got from them all at once, "unable to cancel x 2 " shipped x2" rma x2

I was confused for a bit but I figured it out lol

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #763 of 2,621
I found a really good song for you to really hear the difference between HD600/HD650/HD58X soundstage intimacy versus HD 560S, Sway by Cuebrick

spotify:track:4zzray58AcfYNe9rR9nFRg

About 10 seconds in to around 45 seconds in, where she is singing ever so gently "sway with me" etc, you can hear how condensed/congested it sounds on HD58X - ruining this particular part of the song, and swap and listen to same part again with HD 560 S, night and day difference. you literally want to sway with her, this is the way that song was meant to sound, and it is seductive on the HD 560 S. absolutely beautiful... ugh that is so good, you only need to listen to that 10-45 second beginning of the song to really see what I mean. its night and day better than HD58X for songs like this one. even the intimacy of her voice is better on HD 560 S for this particular song. and usually I favor 58X intimacy.

comfort 10/10
fatigue 10/10 (hd58x wears me out after an hr or so, but these i can easily see myself wearing and listening for 14 hour sessions)

I would call this headphone absolutely relaxing, heavenly, like caramel being poured onto silk cloth...

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #764 of 2,621
Update to this post, sent them an email or two to provide some constructive criticism, and I just received them today here in Canada - shipped 2 days ago from WI. I like them so far - been using 558s for years lol...these will need time for break in etc.
I own the Senn hd558 as well. I would be interested to hear how they compare.

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #765 of 2,621
How so? All the 600s have a nice soundstage. No, it’s not an 800s, but still pretty wide
You are probably the first one I hear from that says the 6 series have nice soundstage. No offense, of course. Perception varies. Just saying. I tried the 660s at store before and I was shocked at how closed-in the sound was compared to my x2hr and the hd800s.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back