The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 14, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #721 of 2,621
I just run it off of my apple dongle lol

And honestly I disagree, not everyone likes a colored sound signature. But yes you do have that option.
I agree with you disagreeing! Lol.

Perhaps I phrased it badly. No problem though :)

Was just making the point (for potential buyers) because whatever these neutral headphones are plugged into, will shape the sound either or some way, as I hear it...

Or to put it another way, they are a great way to hear whatever sound signature different gear has, which is interesting, if one is interested in such things!

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #724 of 2,621
I agree with you disagreeing! Lol.

Perhaps I phrased it badly. No problem though :)

Was just making the point (for potential buyers) because whatever these neutral headphones are plugged into, will shape the sound either or some way, as I hear it...

Or to put it another way, they are a great way to hear whatever sound signature different gear has, which is interesting, if one is interested in such things!

Well, but how do you know what a amp/DAC sounds like if you don't have an audibly transparent amp/DAC to compare it to? You still need an amp/DAC to be neutral to do such comparisons.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #725 of 2,621
Both of my 560S arrived today, I went to restroom for just a couple minutes and saw the UPS driver driving away, had my window open all morning and afternoon waiting, wow... just wow. Now I have to pay return shipping on both because Digital River has an ancient logistics systems in place that no other modern company has and is unable to do a simple cancel on an order placed 3 weeks before it ships. Really just pathetic, absolutely pathetic. These boxes are big too, going to cost me $30-40 in return shipping total...

I am selling my HD58X to help cover the return shipping, listing will be up soon. I am done. Good luck to the rest of you. Absolutely pathetic a company in the year 2020 can not cancel an order that was placed 3 weeks prior to shipping, and I tried cancelling two weeks ago, so it wasn't like a last second issue... This sucks, I had my whole day planned sitting and waiting for that truck and I still missed it. I can't believe it.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #726 of 2,621
Both of my 560S arrived today, I went to restroom for just a couple minutes and saw the UPS driver driving away, had my window open all morning and afternoon waiting, wow... just wow. Now I have to pay return shipping on both because Digital River has an ancient logistics systems in place that no other modern company has and is unable to do a simple cancel on an order placed 3 weeks before it ships. Really just pathetic, absolutely pathetic. These boxes are big too, going to cost me $30-40 in return shipping total...

I am selling my HD58X to help cover the return shipping, listing will be up soon. I am done. Good luck to the rest of you. Absolutely pathetic a company in the year 2020 can not cancel an order that was placed 3 weeks prior to shipping, and I tried cancelling two weeks ago, so it wasn't like a last second issue... This sucks, I had my whole day planned sitting and waiting for that truck and I still missed it. I can't believe it.

Hey man.
Give it a listen. Maybe you will like it..
Just try man

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #727 of 2,621

Did you call Digital River and tell them? They should send you a UPS Standard label to print off to have them dropped off/collected for free.

I agree with the user above. Open one and give it a try. It won't cost you anything.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #728 of 2,621
Hey man.
Give it a listen. Maybe you will like it..
Just try man

well, I was reading UPS website, as long as I don't open the boxes I still might be able to refuse them if I bring them to official UPS store. so I am not going to touch them/open the shipping box they arrived in. which means i can still get return free shipping maybe. I don't own a car, so waiting until 4pm when my Dad can take me to UPS store, nearest one is a town away from me. but only about 15 min drive not to bad. so we will see what they say about refusing first. ---these boxes are way bigger than I was expecting for headphones, so paying return shipping on my own will be pricey.

Did you call Digital River and tell them? They should send you a UPS Standard label to print off to have them dropped off/collected for free.

in USA Digital River makes you pay return shipping Sennheiser told me that in a private PM yesterday. only in Europe is it free.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #729 of 2,621
well, I was reading UPS website, as long as I don't open the boxes I still might be able to refuse them if I bring them to official UPS store. so I am not going to touch them/open the shipping box they arrived in. which means i can still get return free shipping maybe. I don't own a car, so waiting until 4pm when my Dad can take me to UPS store, nearest one is a town away from me. but only about 15 min drive not to bad. so we will see what they say about refusing first. ---these boxes are way bigger than I was expecting for headphones, so paying return shipping on my own will be pricey.

in USA Digital River makes you pay return shipping Sennheiser told me that in a private PM yesterday. only in Europe is it free.

Ugh. Apologies.

Oct 14, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #730 of 2,621

Ok, best of luck!

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #732 of 2,621
What is the point of a pre-order? Waiting weeks for this response...

I don't understand how they don't have the amount in stock that they allowed to be pre-ordered...Will not be dealing with digital river again after reading these comments + having this experience.

https://imgur.com/a/LFHXnKG

Update to this post, sent them an email or two to provide some constructive criticism, and I just received them today here in Canada - shipped 2 days ago from WI. I like them so far - been using 558s for years lol...these will need time for break in etc.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #733 of 2,621
I had mine delivered today as well. The driver put the box outside my front door and by the time I got to it he was already driving away. Good luck trying to refuse that type of delivery!

Yeah, that is how it is always been in my area for last 20 years. I don't mind that, I have refused stuff in past, my window oversees entire front of house, but human nature/restroom... sometimes happens. Just can't believe the timing of it. Really sucks. I hate driving on the highway too... this sucks.

Oct 14, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #734 of 2,621
It's here! (You can see some point of reference)

Attachments

• 20201014_152934.jpg
    20201014_152934.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back