The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Oct 13, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #706 of 2,621
560s just arrived. It's been a while since I've used proper over-ears, but my impressions are pretty positive.

- No complaints about the sound signature. It's excellent. Very neutral and not overly warm/dark like the 660s (broken in pads). To me it's honestly impressive when I hear a headphone I have zero urge to EQ, and this headphone is one of those.

- Soundstage isn't massive but it's not congested, which is a welcome improvement from the 660s/58x.

- Resolution is good, if not very good. The 58x had very noticeable "grain" in the treble but none of that is present here. Attack is sharp and clean and the decay is making me realize what I've been missing from DDs after using primarily my pair of Fearless S8Pros for the past months.

Overall, this is an excellently tuned headphone with technicalities I can't see anyone complaining about at its price point. Big props to sennheiser for this one.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #709 of 2,621
560s just arrived. It's been a while since I've used proper over-ears, but my impressions are pretty positive.

- No complaints about the sound signature. It's excellent. Very neutral and not overly warm/dark like the 660s (broken in pads). To me it's honestly impressive when I hear a headphone I have zero urge to EQ, and this headphone is one of those.

- Soundstage isn't massive but it's not congested, which is a welcome improvement from the 660s/58x.

- Resolution is good, if not very good. The 58x had very noticeable "grain" in the treble but none of that is present here. Attack is sharp and clean and the decay is making me realize what I've been missing from DDs after using primarily my pair of Fearless S8Pros for the past months.

Overall, this is an excellently tuned headphone with technicalities I can't see anyone complaining about at its price point. Big props to sennheiser for this one.

The neutral nature obviously asks for the sound to be tailored through dacs/amps etc.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #710 of 2,621
Mine are there way , But just looked at my CC statement and they charged me twice !
Just emailed them and hopefully they'll correct it .

Check your CC statements !
Dang that sucks!

I got an email after my shipping email saying payment method charged. I used Paypal and I immediately thought they charged me twice, but I looked and they didn't. Still worth it for everyone to check.

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #711 of 2,621

I would have to agree.
Also, check some Rap/Hip hop songs. Bass goes deep

Oct 13, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #712 of 2,621
Dang that sucks!

I got an email after my shipping email saying payment method charged. I used Paypal and I immediately thought they charged me twice, but I looked and they didn't. Still worth it for everyone to check.

So they said they take a prepayment first to make sure I have funds available , Then refund the first amount and take a second payment . Don't think I've had this happen before?

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #713 of 2,621
Couple more tunes that I have enjoyed testing with this headphone:

London Grammar - Darling are you gonna leave me

Love the rhythm and female vocals.

Cardboard Fox - Ghosts

Lovely female vocals and nice balance between the instruments. The Mandolin sparkles.

Dac/Amp: Audioquest Dragonfly Red.
(Powered quite well for such a tiny thing)

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #714 of 2,621
Dang that sucks!

yep I woke up 6 emails this morning from Digital River, unable to cancel both orders, both orders have shipped, and both orders charged... I was like wait ummm you charged almost 3 weeks ago... but I checked as well and all is good, no charge. when they told me it was cancelled last week... I already addressed that in a previous post though, they meant they requested to cancel it. it really is an archaic system that Digital River uses though, never seen a company so outdated before. (not Sennheiser, Sennheiser is a great company and I love my HD58X) I just mean the logistics portion of Digital River. lol meh no big deal. i can move on with my life now at least, lesson learned, will never buy direct again.

Oct 13, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #715 of 2,621
So they said they take a prepayment first to make sure I have funds available , Then refund the first amount and take a second payment . Don't think I've had this happen before?
Can confirm some companies do it. It's usually hotels or other accommodation services but yeah, it's somewhat common there so I can see how they'd do that.

It'll be refunded eventually, or rather the blocked amount will be released after a bit by your bank.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #716 of 2,621
Can confirm some companies do it. It's usually hotels or other accommodation services but yeah, it's somewhat common there so I can see how they'd do that.

It'll be refunded eventually, or rather the blocked amount will be released after a bit by your bank.

Again, I will use the word Archaic as hell. Never had any modern company do this.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #717 of 2,621
I ordered another pair on the 9th they were dispatched yesterday with an estimated delivery for tomorrow.
They must have made another large batch seeing how many have been dispatched here.
Don't forget to post your opinions guys.

Oct 13, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #718 of 2,621
I ordered another pair on the 9th they were dispatched yesterday with an estimated delivery for tomorrow.
They must have made another large batch seeing how many have been dispatched here.
Don't forget to post your opinions guys.

can you listen to a few songs of the Weeknd and let me know how they sound? does the bass hit good? is it energetic? or does neutral headphone mean the energy/synergy is downplayed a little? his voice can get very very high, its a good test for me on headphones to compare sibilance. my SHP9500 for example he can be a bit much on those headphones cause its just too piecing at high end, but on my hd58x its perfect

Oct 13, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #720 of 2,621
A local store at my place just told me that they will have the hd 560s in stock next month. Gonna go there and try them myself. Will compare them with my x2hr (will bring it along with my creative sound blasterx g6 dac amp to the store for a/b testing) and the he400i 2020 version (sth that I'm also interested in, hopefully will still be available at the store for me to try as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back