The New HD 560S: Linear Acoustics at a Breakthrough Value
Aug 19, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #2,461 of 2,621
Been a while since I posted here but just had to comment (again!) on how great these headphones are. (Especially for the price)

Been using the HD 800S out of RME Adi for movies, due to THAT soundstage but of course I had the usual frustrations with the bass...not a basshead by any stretch but movies need some impact at times.

So I switched to the HD 560S and all is right with the world (or lower frequencies at least!) Also the mids seem fuller to me, so overall a much more satisfying experience.

Had to turn the volume up to hear dialogue with the other cans and then the loud sections sounded awful.

HD 560S it is for movies, from now on :)
So are these actually any good for music. I don’t play games and not really bothered about films. I’m purely interested in how they handle music. Any good? Thanks

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #2,463 of 2,621
The HD560S are a pretty good all arounder over-ear headphone.
Very natural and full sounding signature with good resolution.
But it is still an open back, so don't expect big Bass if you listen to
that kind of music.
Thank you. I use Grado SR325x now so yes I’m used to open backs. Listen mainly to classical so don’t need bass so much

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #2,464 of 2,621
Thank you. I use Grado SR325x now so yes I’m used to open backs. Listen mainly to classical so don’t need bass so much
I have the Alessandro MS2, I've gifted my pair of 560s to my bro-in-law a while a go. Still miss the 560s but my Bro-inlaw loves but I got so many headphones anyway!

I'd say, the Grado are very similar in detail and speed but the 560s outright beats it in overall comfort and sound stage.

Obviously, Grado has the fixed cable but the 560s has detachable cabling and only a single line to the left ear cup. You can get custom cables for the 560s if you want as well.

For Classical, either one will do well but I think the 560s would be more comfortable and a tad better imaging imho.

What kind of ear pads are you running on your 325x?

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #2,465 of 2,621
I have the Alessandro MS2, I've gifted my pair of 560s to my bro-in-law a while a go. Still miss the 560s but my Bro-inlaw loves but I got so many headphones anyway!

I'd say, the Grado are very similar in detail and speed but the 560s outright beats it in overall comfort and sound stage.

Obviously, Grado has the fixed cable but the 560s has detachable cabling and only a single line to the left ear cup. You can get custom cables for the 560s if you want as well.

For Classical, either one will do well but I think the 560s would be more comfortable and a tad better imaging imho.

What kind of ear pads are you running on your 325x?
Hi. And thanks for the reply. I’ve got 3 sets of pads for the Grado’s. Got L, F and G. Tend to swap them for different genres

Aug 20, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #2,466 of 2,621
Hi. And thanks for the reply. I’ve got 3 sets of pads for the Grado’s. Got L, F and G. Tend to swap them for different genres
Yeah....I always tend to go back to the bowl cups as I find the G's are alright but they ain't my cup of tea. Honestly....if you can demo a 560s unit in your part of the woods, then I'll highly recommend that you do! Sennheiser and Grado do share similar traits but I reckon the 560s will give you more low-down information, a wider, flatter sound stage and obviously comfort, compared to the Grado's!

Unless....you are a Grado fan....then just save up and buy the Hemp's!! :dt880smile:

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #2,467 of 2,621
Yeah....I always tend to go back to the bowl cups as I find the G's are alright but they ain't my cup of tea. Honestly....if you can demo a 560s unit in your part of the woods, then I'll highly recommend that you do! Sennheiser and Grado do share similar traits but I reckon the 560s will give you more low-down information, a wider, flatter sound stage and obviously comfort, compared to the Grado's!

Unless....you are a Grado fan....then just save up and buy the Hemp's!! :dt880smile:
Hi again. I can’t even find any 560s for sale online here, let alone any to demo! 🤣
So I’d have to buy blind.
Not sure I’d go any higher up the Grado chain to be honest. I do really like the 325X and as I’ve read that they are similar to the Hemp maybe they would be too similar to trade up to? I haven’t heard them to be honest

Aug 20, 2022 at 5:01 AM Post #2,468 of 2,621
I used to own a Grado 225e. 560s has more subdued high-range in comparison.
Overall, the sound of the 560s is less cooked up, more 'natural' IMO.
Being an IEM person, I haven't dedicated a lot of listening to headphones lately but that
is my impression from my experience of both Grado and Sennheiser HD 560s which I currently own.

Aug 20, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #2,469 of 2,621
I used to own a Grado 225e. 560s has more subdued high-range in comparison.
Overall, the sound of the 560s is less cooked up, more 'natural' IMO.
Being an IEM person, I haven't dedicated a lot of listening to headphones lately but that
is my impression from my experience of both Grado and Sennheiser HD 560s which I currently own.
Hey thanks. Appreciate it. Yes the Grado’s can be pretty aggressive at times. It’s good then that the 560S is natural sounding

Aug 21, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2,470 of 2,621
Sep 9, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #2,471 of 2,621
The HD560S impressed me for the price (though I think the DMS review is way over the top) but I have other better sounding headphones that I would rather listen to so I sent the 560S back because they would seldom if ever be used.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #2,473 of 2,621
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back