The NEW ATH-ES700..
Mar 5, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #346 of 1,098
Quote:
Ooo did U also get to hear the Sony 1r ? Or the ws99 or es10?
smily_headphones1.gif

What is your preference for classical?
I would keep my 1350 as the stage is slightly back like the m100,
But for classical I will instead go open can like the ad900x.

yes, the 1r and es10 were there, even the es11.
out of the cans i heard, the ad2000x was the best from a dap, closely followed by ad900x.
cant beat open backed for classical
actually for portable i just use iems to block the noise out, and listen to stereo at home

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #347 of 1,098
Double post :p

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #348 of 1,098

Woohoo! 2 Excellent cans!
The 1r are like the m100 & es700 combined :)
Comparisons soon.
Edit:
1r more mid centric.
The es700 sound brighter & bass yer in comparison. But remember, in comparison.
This mid centric quality of the Sony I herd before.
Reminds me of the Monster DNA slightly & makes me wonder if Monster tried to copy their sound.
Anyway the sony definitely have an excellent first row perspective soundstage,
While es700 (with ws55 pads!) Sound right dam in the mix & very dynamic.
I am loving both and probably will keep the Sony 1r as well for the different perspective wich to me is more detailed than the m100 .
The m100 are juicy-er,
and the the m100 bass in comparison to both is bloated but rich & satisfying.
I just wish the Sony 1r had just a touch richer bass dammit..
These sony are the most comfortable with m100 as both over the ear, then es700 as they are sweet on ear with the ws55 pads.
ES700 still most lively and slightly more detailed overall in whole range but its pronounced details can get to busy in lower mids to bass at times making it very intense sounding.
Sony slightly back soundstage placement is more balanced & less bass intense but bass still there and those mids detail & sonic placement are captivating.
Really.
Dam these two are like a perfect couple.
Forgot to mention the treble on the es700 the best I herd yet.
Yet I am preferring my new Sony soundstage so I may have to move onto open cans next.

Mar 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #349 of 1,098

Guess who came to try and spoil the party. .
Sennheiser Amperior. .
Impressions coming soon..

Mar 12, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #350 of 1,098
Ok I can hear a pin drop in here..

The amperior are an absolute wonder of technology and the master stroke of Sennheiser just get my respect.
They are absolutely lively, more so than the es700 (!) .
With their bearable hot treble to their uncanny realistic mids and then that punchy bass... Wew OMG what a seductive can!....

BUT, haha you know I am inclined to point out what the es700 does compared to them ha.
Realistic deeper bass
Best treble
Larger midrange soundstage.

That being said, these Amperior, to me, absolutely crush anything its size in musicality. Anything.
Yes that means dt1350 & m80 as well. .

I also have to concede their is one thing they have over the es700.
Their is slightly more lower mids in the Amperior that I find lacking in the es700 wich gives more body to female vocals.

The Sony 1r just gets all these points in the mids correct and perfect with seemingly larger soundstage than the es700 due to its placement noted in a previous post.

I cannot get rid of the "fabulous 3":
Amperior
ES700
Sony 1r

That's it , for now
:wink:
Edit: honeymoon over for the Amperior. .

Mar 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #353 of 1,098
I got mine in about a week (paid an arm and a leg for EMS shipping). I have an aesthetics question. Does any of your es700's headbands pucker up at the top when you put it on? When I have them on, my head looks like I have multiple welts! Anyway, just wondering if I got a poorly made one, it's normal, or my head is just too big.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #355 of 1,098
Ok so my Amperior honeymoon is over and the remaining 2 at this level are the Sony 1r & these es700 ..
I see myself never parting with them.
The ws99 is their parent looking over them. .
These are my new top threesome ..

Mar 17, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #356 of 1,098
Ok so my Amperior honeymoon is over and the remaining 2 at this level are the Sony 1r & these es700 ..
I see myself never parting with them.
The ws99 is their parent looking over them. .
These are my new top threesome ..
Can you do a little A/B between the WS99s and 1Rs? I wanna get some over ears for around the house (movies, music, gaming).

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #357 of 1,098
I purchased my Sony 1r very low and they are the most comfortable.
They cost similar in price so I cannot justify the Sony when the ws99 is a superior product in sound.
Larger and better on every front.
That doesn't mean the Sony are not good.
They will beat out many others you can think of in similar price range.
I would say though, that the ws99 are heavier.
It is really preference.
The sound on sony is more midrange focused with a nice presentation.
I posted on the Sony thread.
For a more portable solution I would go for these es700.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #359 of 1,098
The WS55 pads are needed on these for best comfort and sound.  They can be found on ebay.. Though they will add to the overall cost of the ES700 but are completely worth the extra to get them. Look up WS55 pads. The actual OEM pads are what your looking for. Sold by buyfromjapan vendor on ebay.

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #360 of 1,098
Quote:
The WS55 pads are needed on these for best comfort and sound.  They can be found on ebay.. Though they will add to the overall cost of the ES700 but are completely worth the extra to get them. Look up WS55 pads. The actual OEM pads are what your looking for. Sold by buyfromjapan vendor on ebay.

Holy crap..$35 for the pads @_@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back