The NEW ATH-ES700..
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #331 of 1,098

Just purchased these Beyers I always wanted.
So naturally time to compare.
The Beyer1350 vs the es700..
From mids to highs
As for details, so far I am hearing similar level,
Repeat, neither is out shining the other in amount of detail, rather the type.
The main difference being how it is presented.
One is definitely much more lively musical and engaging, while the other more technical, analytical and flat with distance.
You should be able to guess correctly which one I am talking about haha.

For the bass the es700 wins In amount,
Although articulation is excellent on both.
1350 sub bass popping in and out while 700 sub bass almost always present.

To put things in perspective, I should also state that the 1350 are also very enjoyable in that the have a very, very clean, detailed sound.
I just got them and so I am enjoying them both as they are different signatures.
The 700 being more immersive while the Beyers everything is more presented more in front of you and less wide.
The 1350 seems to present the sounstage very differently in that the music sounds are separated from each other not added .
These are just preliminary listening observations as I just got them.
:)
Edit: On the Beyers, from mids down to bass is a clear sound with gradual flatness,
Where as the es700 has an immediate intensity of liveliness into the same range.
Much more details on the es700 in that range.

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #332 of 1,098
lotsa love of the es700s here.
have to admit, my impression of them were not very good at the store.
perhaps it was because there were tons of other good cans there.
maybe i should buy one to try out. ^^:
intrigued to hear that some prefer them to the m80

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #334 of 1,098
I aabsolutely love the enticing sound of the m80,
BUT this is a different and higher league here.
Much higher when I would consider these 700 in same league as 1350 in details and the m100 in musicality.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #335 of 1,098
No need to defend your opinion. Just because the majority likes it does not mean you should like it as well. That can happen 
biggrin.gif

I can tell the ES700 is a steal for the price. Its sound tuning is involving, refined and has smooth clarity. Bass has nice body. I would love to see Audio Technica taking the ES700 as a base and further improving the sound subtly for their next line up. A full size model with decent earpads is very welcome too.

Mar 3, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #336 of 1,098
Further impressions:
There is a quality sheen and clarity to the 1350 treble, yet it is more distant,
While the 700 brings that treble clarity down to the mids with more air and not distant, creating a larger and thus more realistic sound.
They both have a quality and finesse in the sound that pulls you in.
Edit: being that they are not a similar sound signature In would not readily place one over the other as I feel they are different flavors but on a similar level of quality sound as far as clarity is concerned.

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #337 of 1,098
Quote:

Thanks for the comparison. It looks like the ES700 is really a contender in its price range. I will definitely need to head down to have a listen sometime soon. 
smile.gif

Btw, how is the clamp/comfort on the ES700? I find the ES7 quite uncomfortable, and I can barely take 15-20 minutes of listening on them before taking them off for a quick breather.

I added two more textbooks to stretch out the headphones. There is only a slight clamp left over, so the comfort has increased drastically. At first, I thought I would break the headband, but it turned out fine.

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #339 of 1,098
Btw, how is the clamp/comfort on the ES700? I find the ES7 quite uncomfortable, and I can barely take 15-20 minutes of listening on them before taking them off for a quick breather.

As stated a few posts ago by the very poster you asked, the es7 metal band can be bent right near the cups.
The es7 is an easy can to bend & fix clamp pressure.

The 700 cannot be bent .
don't even try unless you want to break it.
Only if you know how to handle two nose plier vise grips and willing to scuff the metal And take a chance breaking the plastic.
It Iis not necenecessary anyway because it will loosen

Mar 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #341 of 1,098
I would assume by slow you mean presence of sub bass, which is very apparent and articulate.
Faster than M100.
Something not easy to achieve in an "in ear" IEM without a good seal Or you lose bass.
So I could see coming from good IEM or a headphone thin in bass you could feel that .

In some cases speed is detrimental.
some bad traits of a headphone with a sensation of speed would also necessarily involve some dryness, a lack of air , short decay with little articulation of ambiance or presence.
By the way so far the best bass I have herd was on the akg167 tiesto. So far lol

Mar 5, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #342 of 1,098
Quote:
I would assume by slow you mean presence of sub bass, which is very apparent and articulate.

maybe? im not very good with jargon. does saying that the decay was much longer than i expected amount to the same thing?
made some of the laid back piano notes tedious.
as i listen to a lot of classical piano, i am all for short decay. :p

actually, if it wasnt for its slowness i think its a decent fone.
would def need some padding changes, tho ppl say that it loosens with time, so perhaps unnecessary.

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #343 of 1,098
maybe? im not very good with jargon. does saying that the decay was much longer than i expected amount to the same thing?
made some of the laid back piano notes tedious.
as i listen to a lot of classical piano, i am all for short decay. :p

actually, if it wasnt for its slowness i think its a decent fone.
would def need some padding changes, tho ppl say that it loosens with time, so perhaps unnecessary.

I would take a guess and say you would like my Beyer1350 as they sound "lighter" as mids are not as heavy or close up.
I actually like them for classical, but the upper mids are slightly recessed causing the treble to sound lighter.
The es7 has more substance to the treble so more believable for me.

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #344 of 1,098
Quote:
I would take a guess and say you would like my Beyer1350 as they sound "lighter" as mids are not as heavy or close up.
I actually like them for classical, but the upper mids are slightly recessed causing the treble to sound lighter.
The es7 has more substance to the treble so more believable for me.

yes, i do prefer the dt1350, which were a couple of seats away from the es700s.
i almost exclusively listen to classical, so they are nice. ^^
on ears are a big no no for me tho in terms of comfort

Mar 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #345 of 1,098
Ooo did U also get to hear the Sony 1r ? Or the ws99 or es10?
:)
What is your preference for classical?
I would keep my 1350 as the stage is slightly back like the m100,
But for classical I will instead go open can like the ad900x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back