The New AEON 2: It's The End Of MrSpeakers
Feb 16, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #946 of 2,052
Well, as I am looking for linear for classical, the SP200 will be where I start. I will then save up for that GS-X mini. Of course, this is all assuming I like the Bifrost 2 as a DAC. Anyway, thank you very much for your time, and for giving me something to look foward to on Wednesday!

Feb 16, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #947 of 2,052
To me the GL mk2 makes the AEON2 sound fuller and with rounded notes. I hear them a bit faster and with more air from the SP200. At first, it may sound that SP200 provides better details but after listening for awhile, the details are all there with GL. Both amps offer a slightly different macrodetails which is just a personal taste.
And wow I feel like an idiot! I thought I was talking to MacedonianHero this whole time. I was so busy reading the replies, I didn't notice the new poster. Sorry bout that, and thanks for the help!

Feb 20, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #953 of 2,052
Portable set is ready. Now painfully waiting for A2C :sob:

It takes forever to reach Thailand

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20200220142925942.jpg

Feb 20, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #954 of 2,052
Feb 20, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #955 of 2,052
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 20, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #956 of 2,052
Question for owners: we can now use our pealable pad tech for A2 headphones. This would allow open pads to be used on closed, and vice/versa. The sonic affect is to have A2C have a leaner tone, with a near perfect Harmon response, while the A2C pad on an A2O would warm it up in the midrange. Is there interest in having the option to swap pads?

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Feb 20, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #957 of 2,052
Question for owners: we can now use our pealable pad tech for A2 headphones. This would allow open pads to be used on closed, and vice/versa. The sonic affect is to have A2C have a leaner tone, with a near perfect Harmon response, while the A2C pad on an A2O would warm it up in the midrange. Is there interest in having the option to swap pads?
I like the idea of being able to swap pads without destroying them. I would have to try the change to see if it's worth it. But having the option would be nice.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #958 of 2,052
@mrspeakers

I am currently using the A2 open (perforated) pads on my A2C and I couldn't be happier. My original reason for swapping pads was to reduce the bass a little. Not only the perforated pads accomplished that, I feel like it brought out the mid range a little bit as well (something that i personally crave in any headphone that i buy; personal choice). I just hope you can implement a more easier method of swapping pads. Thats all. Hope this helps.

PS. I originally wanted to post this on the A2C forum but theres just too much negativity over there. Otherwise, kudos on a stellar pair of headphones. Keep up the good work.

Feb 20, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #960 of 2,052

Yes, very interested. Does this involve a change in pads or the headphones themselves? If the pads, when would they be available, if I wanted to try the perforated pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back