aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #181 of 2,134
None so far for USB dongles, there is LDAC on a few more £££ items like the FiiO BTA 30/30 PRO (I own the PRO).

If the dongle is not at least QCC3050/56 it's not going to support the new features and it may even need be the 307X chips, got to watch false claims in AliExpress etc about some being BT 5.3 right now.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #182 of 2,134
Jun 22, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #185 of 2,134
Thanks, this has not found itself to Aoi yet I presume?
Not that I've seen yet but this particular dongle's unique selling point is the fact that it can be used as a full Bluetooth transceiver for other devices too. Otherwise, it doesn't add much beyond the KB8P.

Snapdragon Sound isn't a codec. It's like a seal of approval. It doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything different than what the KB8P can deliver with aptX Adaptive.

The only next step for Qualcomm SoC's is "aptX Lossless" and for the moment you need the QCC3071, QCC5171, S3 or S5 sound platforms. to get that. No dongles shipping with these yet. Not sure there are any transmitters/receivers for aptX Lossless on the market yet. They are expected H2 2022 (which starts next month).

Jun 22, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #186 of 2,134
Not that I've seen yet but this particular dongle's unique selling point is the fact that it can be used as a full Bluetooth transceiver for other devices too. Otherwise, it doesn't add much beyond the KB8P.

Snapdragon Sound isn't a codec. It's like a seal of approval. It doesn't guarantee you'll hear anything different than what the KB8P can deliver with aptX Adaptive.

The only next step for Qualcomm SoC's is "aptX Lossless" and for the moment you need the QCC3071, QCC5171, S3 or S5 sound platforms. to get that. No dongles shipping with these yet. Not sure there are any transmitters/receivers for aptX Lossless on the market yet. They are expected H2 2022 (which starts next month).
Agree and understood.
Have anyone looked into Aptx Voice on any of these for conference call?

Jun 24, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #187 of 2,134
KB8 V1.8, KB8P V1.5 New Firmware and Dongle Tool V1.6 Update

New firmware features:

1. To solve the situation where some systems or game consoles cannot open the microphone, we added the ability to force open the Bluetooth headset and microphone, making it more user-friendly and easier to play.
2. You can choose to force the microphone on only with adapter support V1.6 version. This option was not available in previous versions.
3. Fix some known bugs.

Upgrade Instructions:

1. Genuine WINDWODS upgrade is recommended. We recommend using a laptop.
2. Please disable automatic switching of Bluetooth audio function before upgrading.
3. You need to download the firmware for the other model.
The firmware contains two pieces of firmware.
files and instructions
Upgrade to our brand Bluetooth V1.1 or higher
4. If the upgrade is successful, a prompt is displayed. Upgrade Success!
Where this software (firmware & tool) can be found ? I have a fresh KB8P 24bit bought on Aliexpress with v1.3 fw, and no info in the instructions paper (all in Chinese !) :frowning2:

Jun 24, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #188 of 2,134
Jun 24, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #190 of 2,134
Thanks @mcnaugha ! But I already saw your link (and dowloaded the tools), but it seems it is not the last version (dongle tool v1.6 and KB8P fw 1.5) :frowning2:
It should be the KB8P firmware but Dongle Tool v1.6 has to come from one of the earlier links and it was only available in Chinese last time I checked.

Jun 25, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #192 of 2,134
OK thx. Nevertheless, I do not understand why it is not possible ti know a public URL to check by myself. Why is it so confidential, even "secret" ??
It’s just what the vendor/manufacturer is doing. It suggests they don’t have the resources to publish on a website the rest of the world can easily access. It’s not meant to be secret. There just isn’t a dedicated website. Maybe one will come in time.

Jun 29, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #193 of 2,134
Hi, I received the KB9P usb dongle today, the one that has 24bits/96kHz written on it with aptx hd, adaptive and LL...But it s only recognized as a 16/48Khz on my windows device.

Where can i download the dongle assistant to change settings? Is there some firmware update to be made...
I have also sent the dealer my request

Also the KB9P is named "B06TX"!!!! i looked it up and it s a lousy bluetooth transmission device with a totally different look and functions...

Thanks

Jun 29, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #194 of 2,134
Hi, I received the KB9P usb dongle today, the one that has 24bits/96kHz written on it with aptx hd, adaptive and LL...But it s only recognized as a 16/48Khz on my windows device.

Where can i download the dongle assistant to change settings? Is there some firmware update to be made...
I have also sent the dealer my request

Also the KB9P is named "B06TX"!!!! i looked it up and it s a lousy bluetooth transmission device with a totally different look and functions...

Thanks
So, you went into Windows Sound control panel and attempted to change the pop-up to 24-bit/96KHz and it wasn’t there?

81444217-9-F61-424-B-877-D-14163-CCF738-C.jpg

It appears under your Sound, video and game controllers in Device Manager:

41-C2-F20-A-9-B2-F-4-EDC-A089-2300430-B5255.jpg

Note that the KB8/KB8P/KB9P are “Bluetooth Audio” adapter and not Bluetooth controllers. There is a new dongle out which also acts as a Bluetooth controller as well as a Bluetooth Audio adapter. Windows can’t see the Bluetooth “half” of the dongle. It only knows the USB Audio interface half.

the dongle links are in this topic somewhere. If you bought from Pantasia on Aliexpress then if you go to the Message centre and send them any message, a bot response will offer you the chance to get the dongle link from them.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #195 of 2,134
38-DBD7-E8-D74-C-4-E43-8-BC6-86387969-B957.jpg

Finally, aptX Adaptive without issues out of my M11 Plus. The KB8P had a terrible electric buzz when I did this. No issue with the KB9P. Woohoo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back