aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jun 2, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #151 of 2,149
Snapdragon Sound just means Qualcomm has approved of the audio processing chain of chips used by the device maker. It just meets a standard they set for audio processing quality.

Jun 2, 2022 at 9:00 AM Post #152 of 2,149
Snapdragon Sound just means Qualcomm has approved of the audio processing chain of chips used by the device maker. It just meets a standard they set for audio processing quality.
Correct and not Aptx Lossless until the chip supporting it is incorporated.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #153 of 2,149
Ok tested everything via my FiiO neckband with AAC/SBC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC and the Dongle and its LED worked as described apart from one thing where you press the button to switch from LL to HD it switches but will not switch back until you disconnect/reconnect (easier to unplug dongle then plug it back in).

I wish the button would let you cycle the Codecs like it sounded like in the listings, FiiO do this so does Creative and Avantree had a LL/HD button years ago on their aptX HD Dongle.

I then decided to see if aptX Adaptive is indeed (as some on this forum claimed) backwards compatible with aptX HD the opposite way as you may know it does not work for devices with aptX HD (a mobile/cell phone) and aptX Adaptive earbuds as QUALCOMM made it sound like it did at launch, it simply falls back to aptX.

Setting the Dongle to only be able to use aptX HD and connecting my Sonic PRO & H1 Prem's & MTW3 they should have been connected in aptX HD but did not so fell back to SBC so unless I am, and others are reading into it wrongly it is in no way will ever be LL or HD just plain old aptX.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #154 of 2,149
Ok tested everything via my FiiO neckband with AAC/SBC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC and the Dongle and its LED worked as described apart from one thing where you press the button to switch from LL to HD it switches but will not switch back until you disconnect/reconnect (easier to unplug dongle then plug it back in).

I wish the button would let you cycle the Codecs like it sounded like in the listings, FiiO do this so does Creative and Avantree had a LL/HD button years ago on their aptX HD Dongle.

I then decided to see if aptX Adaptive is indeed (as some on this forum claimed) backwards compatible with aptX HD the opposite way as you may know it does not work for devices with aptX HD (a mobile/cell phone) and aptX Adaptive earbuds as QUALCOMM made it sound like it did at launch, it simply falls back to aptX.

Setting the Dongle to only be able to use aptX HD and connecting my Sonic PRO & H1 Prem's & MTW3 they should have been connected in aptX HD but did not so fell back to SBC so unless I am, and others are reading into it wrongly it is in no way will ever be LL or HD just plain old aptX.

It’s only supposed to be aptX HD receivers (headsets) that are compatible with an aptX Adaptive transmitter (e.g. a dongle).

aptX Adaptive only headset cannot receive aptX HD. Anyone saying otherwise is mistaken.

Jun 2, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #155 of 2,149
I get that and as like many found out when we went from aptX HD earbuds to aptX Adaptive earbuds and were stuck on basic aptX on our older mobile/cell phones.

I had no way to test the opposite till recently, I think I may be reading into this wrongly.

Ok say I lock the Dongle to aptX Adaptive only and lock my FiiO neckband to aptX HD only, you feel it will connect and show the LED as aptX HD on both devices (if not it will be SBC so blue)?

Jun 2, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #156 of 2,149
I was raging when I discovered my aptX Adaptive only headset wouldn’t connect to my aptX HD transmitter. The marketing has a lot to answer for.

I don’t know if that will definitely prove the one-way backward compatibility. It might but then there might be excuses for it not working. I could try it with my Maedhawk.

Jun 2, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #157 of 2,149
Just tried it and they both end up connected via SBC (Blue LED on both devices) so seems BS claims by QUALCOMM.

I just locked the Dongle to aptX Adaptive as that is what I need for my newer earbuds and for the other listening I will use my FiiO Neckband with the FiiO BTA 30 PRO for aptX/aptX HD/LDAC (matching the sources bitrate).

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #158 of 2,149
It’s up to you to provide the source, in terms of up to 24-bit/96KHz, then aptX Adaptive really just works on a best effort to distance basis. If you want best quality, then you need to have clear line of sight between transmitter and receiver and a super short distance For the max rate. It’s something like 3 metres maximum distance to retain max rate. Less distance equals more quality. No barriers including the human body.

Is the latency always approximately 80 ms or is this variable too?

Jun 3, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #159 of 2,149
Is the latency always approximately 80 ms or is this variable too?
I haven’t evaluated the latency as I just listen to music with them.

Jun 3, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #161 of 2,149
Even though 24bit 96kHz is tempting, I'm currently looking for an all-around solution for music listening, video calls (HFP mode), looking at streams etc, which BT-W4 seems to solve.
For now there seems to be unavoidable compromises. I think the next gen chips are promising the lowest latencies yet. Both the 3071 and the 5171 are promising 68ms.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #163 of 2,149
Jun 10, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #165 of 2,149
KB8 V1.8, KB8P V1.5 New Firmware and Dongle Tool V1.6 Update

New firmware features:

1. To solve the situation where some systems or game consoles cannot open the microphone, we added the ability to force open the Bluetooth headset and microphone, making it more user-friendly and easier to play.
2. You can choose to force the microphone on only with adapter support V1.6 version. This option was not available in previous versions.
3. Fix some known bugs.

Upgrade Instructions:

1. Genuine WINDWODS upgrade is recommended. We recommend using a laptop.
2. Please disable automatic switching of Bluetooth audio function before upgrading.
3. You need to download the firmware for the other model.
The firmware contains two pieces of firmware.
files and instructions
Upgrade to our brand Bluetooth V1.1 or higher
4. If the upgrade is successful, a prompt is displayed. Upgrade Success!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back