The most overrated IEMs
Apr 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #196 of 199
whoever said um3x's are overrated is blasphemy.  They didnt get the hype a lot of other iems got like the sm3.
They still were pretty spot on neutral.... a little forward and can get quite cold.  To this day....I'd probably take my um3x's with the alo rx (R.I.P...it crapped out) over most iems thats been released since then.

Triple.fi over-rated?  they were a complete steal when it went on sale for 100 on amazon years ago.... and id still consider them a steal for a 100 now.  It was such a steal i ordered 5 of them when it went on sale.

overrated:

sony mh1.  Yeah they're pretty good sounding iems.... but nothing compared to the praise they got.
Philips she3580:  equalizing to get the sound you want?  i can do that with any iem.
monoprice xxxx some number:  yeah they are good, but still no where near the praise they get.  I'd rather get a used pair of brainwavz m2 for 20.   im sure id appreciate it more if they werent so hyped before trying them out.

IEMS that deserved the hype:

GR06.... great all arounders.  i like to think of them as meelec m6's but with dayam good sound
re-0....changed the way people viewed iems from "no name brand" companies.

iems that deserved more hpye:

panasonic hje900.... still on the best all arounders imo.... they were the gr06 before the gr06.

fisher audio silver bullets.... still one of the best iems fischer has put out.

brookstone dual drives....steal then and still a good choice.... they were like 40 bucks 

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #197 of 199
Those damn Hippo VB's, god what a freaking joke those things were. And I WANTED to love them. Our love was impossible, however.  The build quality made me want to vomit. I could have flossed my teeth with the cable it was so thing.

And all these people talking crap about the Klipsch Image S4's, lol y'all smokin crack? S4's be my home boys.

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #199 of 199
Quote:

However, Hifiman is most definitely not a no name brand anymore.

yeah now..... but they changed up the game and for that; they deserve the credit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back