The most famous / iconic Cover Art Ever?
Sep 11, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #47 of 109
goatshead.jpg

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM Post #49 of 109
The Pink Floydism is really bothering me. You put this poll on any other forum and I think Abbey Road would run away with it.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #51 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Pink Floydism is really bothering me. You put this poll on any other forum and I think Abbey Road would run away with it.

Agreed. Pink Floyd fans are savage though.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #52 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by adrift /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Pink Floyd fans are savage though.
biggrin.gif

Delusional is the word. That's the only way to explain it (other than too many drugs). And yes, I'm listening to Pink Floyd right now.

Sep 11, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #53 of 109
I voted Abbey Road...

but the album that first came to mind was
John and Yoko's Two Virgins.

Are we up for full frontal?

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #55 of 109
First album that came to my mind was Metallica's black album. Cover is so simple (and obvious, given the album name) that it's hard to forget.

I voted Dark side of the Moon, though. I've seen that on 100's of T-shirts, posters, etc. It's just everywhere. I didn't know what the Abbey Road cover looked like until I saw the pics here.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #56 of 109
Has to be abbey road. That image has been replicated thousands of times by people visiting there. Some tourists go there just to walk across that zebra crossing and then get the plane home again.

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #57 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You mean, like, Steve Hoffman's forum?
biggrin.gif

I feel the same way about the drooling over The Beatles. One man's nausea is another's obsession.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #59 of 109
I voted Abbey Road because.....

If my 90 year old grandmother saw it......she'd say "i know that picture, it's the Beatles"
While I know if a 6 year old saw it, they'd most probably say "Beatles"

And obviously most people in between would know at the very least that it's the Beatles.

Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is very iconic and I'm not surprised it's winning.....I think amongst fans of both albums the covers are equally iconic, but when taking many steps back and thinking of just how much more iconic the Beatles are than Pink Floyd in general, it's just obvious to me that at the very least, the most iconic LP cover would be a Beatles cover......and I picked Abbey Road because I think it is the most emulated photograph in the history of music.

Sep 12, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #60 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted Abbey Road because.....

If my 90 year old grandmother saw it......she'd say "i know that picture, it's the Beatles"
While I know if a 6 year old saw it, they'd most probably say "Beatles"

And obviously most people in between would know at the very least that it's the Beatles.

Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon is very iconic and I'm not surprised it's winning.....I think amongst fans of both albums the covers are equally iconic, but when taking many steps back and thinking of just how much more iconic the Beatles are than Pink Floyd in general, it's just obvious to me that at the very least, the most iconic LP cover would be a Beatles cover......and I picked Abbey Road because I think it is the most emulated photograph in the history of music.

QFT. I just asked a bunch of my friends what they thought the most iconic album cover was of all time. And all of them said, "A Beatles one probably...the one where they cross the road?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back