The most famous / iconic Cover Art Ever?
Sep 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #32 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swear that I posted this before but can't think of a reason why it was deleted, so I am reposting.

I voted Abbey Road because it's probably the most famous, but my favorite is:

yikes-albums-yikes-system-picture3403-court.jpg

Mine too.

- Ed

Sep 10, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #38 of 109
in terms of being iconic, it was a toss-up between DSOTM and Abbey Road. But I went with Dark Side.

Sep 10, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #39 of 109
When I saw the thread title and before even seeing the poll options, my answer was Abbey Road. I don't even own Abbey Road (I'm not much of a Beatles fan) and yet I know the cover very well. The cover image is that well known, and when you see parody covers or parody images that take ideas from that cover you know where those ideas came from.

I own three versions of Dark Side of the Moon and that cover wasn't the first or even the second to come to mind when I saw the thread title. The prism from DSotM is more of an icon for the band Pink Floyd than the album. When you put a sticker on your car of the Pink Floyd prism you're more represting the band than the album. Same for the skull image from "Steal Your Face" is more of a representation of the band Grateful Dead than a specific album.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #40 of 109
Abbey Road is the most iconic for sure! You get to see imitations of it in popular culture more often than the others IME.

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #42 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by phreaknupallnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
main.php

five.jpg

frown.gif

Sep 11, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #44 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheemo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My vote would go to PF 'DSOTM' but honorable mention should include:

6a00d834e09d7169e20111689d4e06970c-800wi.jpg

VU & Nico and the iconic Warhol banana.

That was the first one that came to my mind as well. It gets my 'other' vote. Nice poll idea, BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back