The most beautiful headphones you know of?
Apr 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #212 of 590
Lunatique already posted the AHD501K, but I prefer the look of the AHD1001 with its simpler headband:

ahd1001bk_em_ot_00.jpg

Apr 10, 2010 at 4:51 PM Post #213 of 590
In my opinion, the headband´s construction is a turn-off there. Would look a whole lot better without the silver parts connected to the pivoting system, or them being shorter.

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #216 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by Br777 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The not quite finished product.. HE-5LE

Now, that one looks a lot smoother than the regular HE5.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any pic released by Head Direct yet?

Edit: Pic found in another thread, it looks marvelous!

http://down.head-direct.com/IMG_4878-2.jpg

Yeah, posted just two pages back. Quoted above..
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #217 of 590
I don´t know exactly why, but to me, those look plain cheap... There´s not a single detail that would caught my eye in a good way. Being practical taken a step too far.

Apr 10, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #218 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannie01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any pic released by Head Direct yet?

Edit: Pic found in another thread, it looks marvelous!

IMG_4878-2.jpg

Very beautiful. As TheOthus said, they could be better with noble materials.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #220 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don´t know exactly why, but to me, those look plain cheap... There´s not a single detail that would caught my eye in a good way. Being practical taken a step too far.

I agree. The photo is very well taken, very good lighting to bring out the best in the new black plastic, and I appreciate what HiFiMan is doing with Ortho's, but design wise there's nothing exciting about the HE-5LE. I think Grados are more retro (more that the design hasn't changed
wink.gif
), and HD6x0 series and AT AD2000 look just as good or better as "functional" headphones that scream "I'm open!" and Sony SA's have the futuristic edge, etc so on...

Those blue Qualia's though! Is that tasteful use of carbon fiber!? I never thought I'd see the day where carbon fiber was used tastefully.

Apr 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #221 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That will probably have to be the Sony Qualia 010 in blue... Sheer beauty!
smile.gif

dsc0511rn5.jpg

I must echo you guys here, I'm not much into futuristic/ultra modern designs, but I'm really liking this blue beauty of a headphone as well. The photo is tack sharp to boot, well done.
normal_smile .gif

Why Sennheiser won't employ carbon fiber in their flagship headphones' construction, I'll never know. It's heaps and bounds better than regular plastic both functionally and aesthetically.

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #223 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That qualia looks almost exactly like my old sa3000 except for the steel
biggrin.gif
DSCI0571.jpg

and heres another web pic of the sa3k
20050520_sa3000_10.jpg

Oh yeah, sans the carbon fiber, alloy and leather ear pads, they seem to share the same design philosophy, a watered down version, if you will. Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back