The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Oct 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #2,568 of 4,317
The treble on the ATH-M50 is what does it for me. It's far too 'there'. I wouldn't say harsh, but I would definitely say it jumps out at you and slaps you across the face.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #2,570 of 4,317
I got these today through a Dutch groupbuy. Very plasticky, cheap, uncormfortable and flimsy. Cable is cloth-ish, which is a nice touch. They have an impossible fit and I have no idea how to put these monstrosities in my ear. Getting a seal is very hard, even when using tips from different manufacturers. Once sealed, they lack dynamics and warmth. They sound cheap. No surprises here really and another great example of the Head-Fi Hype Machine. :wink_face:  I vastly prefer my cheap Superlux HD381 and Brainwavz Beta over these.  

EDIT: realised I was a bit harsh. These do sound reasonable for a $8 IEM. I payed 10 euro though, which is about $13. They are an upgrade over stock iBuds and I can imagine people without any reference thinking these have good sound quality. My advice with no budget whatsoever is to not bother and just get a KSC75. 

Ksc75 has less bass., in quantity and quality.

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #2,571 of 4,317
Quote:
they lack dynamics and warmth.

These do sound reasonable for a $8 IEM.

My thoughts (almost) exactly.

To me, the lower midrange (and mid bass) is a tad lacking. Too much low bass and upper mids relative to what's in between.
It doesn't help that the highs are so ring-ey.

But for $7, I don't mind. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #2,572 of 4,317
Quote:

To me, the lower midrange (and mid bass) is a tad lacking. Too much low bass and upper mids relative to what's in between.

Yeah, the highs are not executed well. But then again, did the guy that made this with a earphone worth $8 have a budget and machines to get acoustic perfection? Haha.

For the price i don't care. But yes, as a audio lover, I must look and pick stuff out even if it is or isn't relative to price.

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2,573 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, the highs are not executed well. But then again, did the guy that made this with a earphone worth $8 have a budget and machines to get acoustic perfection? Haha.

For the price i don't care. But yes, as a audio lover, I must look and pick stuff out even if it is or isn't relative to price.

Yes, the company that makes them is the same that makes OEM phones for numerous companies.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #2,574 of 4,317
cool.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #2,575 of 4,317
I just received my FiiO E7.

I tried the 8320s out of it and they sound about 3x better than out of the iPhone. My jaw dropped. I can't believe how amazing these things are.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2,577 of 4,317
Ya these scale well to more power..The statement I made at the initial review how I liked the mids more on these MP8320 more than on my D2000. Is actually the truth. From what I was hearing. Sure these aren't at the Denon level of sound but when amped they take on a whole new level.

Oct 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #2,578 of 4,317
Quote:
Quote:
I just received my FiiO E7.

I tried the 8320s out of it and they sound about 3x better than out of the iPhone. My jaw dropped. I can't believe how amazing these things are.

Do you mean with the EQ options?

The EQ options are terrible... even 1 distorts heavily on the low end. The EQ is useless.

Just the extra power, I guess. The 8320s do have pretty low sensitivity, and they are 32 ohms. So, much like Grados: they don't need an amp, but they do benefit from one.

A note: going past 15 with the 8320s is unwise, because much louder and you'll probably decimate your hearing >___>

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #2,579 of 4,317
I got these today through a Dutch groupbuy. Very plasticky, cheap, uncormfortable and flimsy. Cable is cloth-ish, which is a nice touch. They have an impossible fit and I have no idea how to put these monstrosities in my ear. Getting a seal is very hard, even when using tips from different manufacturers. Once sealed, they lack dynamics and warmth. They sound cheap. No surprises here really and another great example of the Head-Fi Hype Machine. :wink_face:  I vastly prefer my cheap Superlux HD381 and Brainwavz Beta over these.  

EDIT: realised I was a bit harsh. These do sound reasonable for a $8 IEM. I payed 10 euro though, which is about $13. They are an upgrade over stock iBuds and I can imagine people without any reference thinking these have good sound quality. My advice with no budget whatsoever is to not bother and just get a KSC75. 

You liked the Betas over these? I have the Betas and aside from the warmth and cable, I thought the 8320s were leaps and bounds above them.. The sound stage is much wider on these. They sound a lot clearer by a wide margin and they scale much better. I don't know how much the superlux is, but the fact that your comparing this to an IEM that 4x more expensive I think gives credibility to just how awesome these are.

Hype train coming through!!! WOOT!!!

Oct 7, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #2,580 of 4,317
I thought that too until I reaized that these need 60+ hours of burn in and the right tips.

I am not arguing if you believe in burn in. And actually this prooves that these need burn in (will talk about it later)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU9IH1Cia9w
Watch this video, I burned the MP8320's in for 40 hours at this point in time and did this video review with the stock tips.

Then I threw them in my drawer for a month and my cousin came over for an extended 2 week stay. And guess what earphones I gave to her? Yeah these. She more or less burned it in for me near 24/7 and after she left, these went back into the drawer for another half a month until I asked myself, why not? So I put some Complys on which I didn't have when I got them first and then...boom...Wht is this blasphemy?1 It was then that I knew what everyone was talking about. 

I did go and put the stock tips back on to make sure it wasn't the complys. It was a bit more harsh and more direct with stock tips but I know what I heard when I got these..and that wasn't it

I am not putting them down, I am just showing lurkers that they most likely missed a train of thought :gs1000smile:  Of which may lead to people thinking these are $200 replacements
Yep, enlightenment was my goal

Yes.

DSnuts should rename this thread the "7.11 but in no way do these sound like $200 headphones club" lol. I understand what your saying, but at the same time you don't get audiophiles saying the things they are saying about these because they suck, are average or just good for the price, these really are that good. These have a more analytical sound to them, but as far as thin, I'm not getting that at all. All the IEMs I own are all dynamics with emphasis on bass and warmth and theses do not sound thin to me when compared to any of those. If they added more tips and redesigened it to be user friendly with standard packaging, I'd be happy to pay $70 for them.
BTW nice video, I was going to make an unboxing video but it was only 3 seconds long so I deleted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back