The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 22, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,696 of 4,317
You know what guys. I have to say I have bought many a higher end earphones to get great sound since this thread got established but when I throw these back in my ear. It reminds me of why I started this thread. They kick so much booty! I am listening to some Metallica and I have to say these blow my mind. lol!! Heres to getting mind blown for $7.11
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,697 of 4,317
HAHA I love those pics!!!
Ima have to take some now :p

So had a little talk with my Chimp today...his been a cheeky monkey:

Me: Hey you seen my...wait...you eating my 8320's!?
Chimp: Maybe...

Me: Oh...so who else can it be then!?
Chimp: No idea...I swear it wasn't me - look!

Chimp: Can I try them though?
Me: Sure!....just don't eat them 
angry_face.gif

Chimp: Oh they sound pretty good bro!
How much did they cost ya?

Me: £8!

Chimp: Man that's cheap, and they fit me pretty well, check the cleavage.
Me: 
ph34r.gif

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #1,699 of 4,317
i know it's cheap but worth picking up if i've already got the meelec m6?

i'd prefer something with more detail/clarity/accuracy and maybe better soundstage.  bass is neat on m6 but i would sacrifice a bit of it for what i previously mentioned, and better mids/slightly less shrill highs

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #1,700 of 4,317

Quote:
i know it's cheap but worth picking up if i've already got the meelec m6?

i'd prefer something with more detail/clarity/accuracy and maybe better soundstage.  bass is neat on m6 but i would sacrifice a bit of it for what i previously mentioned, and better mids/slightly less shrill highs

You need to read Jokers review on them especially the value part of it. These don't sound anything like the Meelec cheapos.  These sound more closer to a higher end balanced earphone. There for the praise. Try them out. You will be surprised. These aren't tops at anything but very satisfactory none the less. $7.11 my friend.

Mar 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #1,702 of 4,317

Quote:

To address the bass I took the advice from another post in this thread and covered the little port near the nozzle with a ~4mm x 4mm piece of clear packing tape. That resulted in a tad too much bass, so I "tuned" them by putting a few small holes in the tape using a 27 ga needle.

How did that end up looking? Can you post a pic of the result?

Mar 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #1,703 of 4,317
Actually I want to see a photo of dubbed doing an around the world with them in :)

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,706 of 4,317
Right now Im using some old Vmoda Spin tips and they seal a lot better and of course sound even better now. The treble seems to be a little better now too which is good. And to me the bass is just right, can't see why people would want more as it would ruin the balance of compromises within the headphones sound. But yes it may be more fun with more bass.

These headphones are among some of the best headphones Ive heard, regardless of price. No lie. They just present the music in a way that by brain is able to comprehend everything going on in a vast perspective. Not the most refined or neutral or flat or transparent or anything like that. There is something special about the way these are tuned that just clicks with my head psycho acoustically.  

My theory is the soundstage and phase response is really good and I can localize different sounds easily which makes me see all the details, as opposed to a lighting fast driver with no soundstage that makes me struggle to put it all together in my head (But may be neutral and timbre correct with super fast attack but no decay). Is anybody else experiencing this? Or maybe it just fits my personal HRTF well? These headphones seem to be universally accepted somehow when it comes to sound (if the seal is proper of course) so I'm not so sure. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #1,707 of 4,317
Sounds so appealing! Unfortunately I already know these won't fit my ears since even the CKM50 gets uncomfortable after an hour or so. :frowning2:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 26, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #1,708 of 4,317
^^^ Fit with respect to my ear canal is fine with both, but they are fairly different in terms of where they may contact your outer/cartilage-ey ear parts. For me, the CKM50 rests more lower/rearward and the 8320 contacts on the top side. Fit is going to be personal but to me the 8320s are the more comfortable of the two despite their larger size.

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #1,710 of 4,317

Quote:
I want someone to re-cable these for me :frowning2:
(SOO tangle prone)

I recently bought a soldering iron, and I've used it to repair a bunch of electronics that I thought were gone for good. It's like a whole new world!

I thought about taking the stock apple bud cable from my iphone to recable the MP8320, but I'm scared that if I mess up, I'll ruin both the buds and the monoprice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back