The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Mar 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #1,726 of 4,317

Quote:
The Thermaltake Isurus have really good SQ once you get them burned in a little. Plenty of bass, nice clear highs, not quite as forward in the midrange as the 8320 but they are not dull by any means. Critical audiophiles will probably find them to be more neutral than the 8320 IMO. They have a mic, which I haven't used myself, but some reviews on tigerdirect say it works with the iphone & ipad. Got mine for $25 shipped on an auction site.

I haven't yet received my set of Philips SHE3580 but a lot of people here seem to like them, and I think there's a mic'ed version of those too.

Thanks for the info.  I've bought so many pairs and believe it or not my favorite pair of earbuds are still my Sony DR-EX81C4.  They are my beaters and what I resort to most of the time.  Regular earbuds with no attachment/hooks don't fit too well in my ears and stay.

Since I wanted more quality, I ended up going with the Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50A.  They are great except no mic. :frowning2:
Which reminds me... I have the Klipsch Image X10 that are awesome but don't fit my ears right (I'm so bad with earbuds, man)... gotta sell those... what a waste of a good pair of earbuds!! Sound quality rocked, but they don't meet my needs and aren't comfy for me (although everyone else finds the opposite as far as comfort).

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,729 of 4,317

Quote:
Since I wanted more quality, I ended up going with the Audio-Technica ATH-CKM50A.  They are great except no mic. :frowning2:

The mids and highs on the Isurus are about as good as on the CKM50. The Isurus have ample bass but without that slightly artificial sounding bloated/boomy emphasis that I hear with the CKM50. The CKM50 was a solid value at $20 but of the three cheap earphones I've gotten so far (8320, Isurus, CKM50) if I had to vote one off the island based on SQ, the CKM50 would be it.

Mar 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #1,730 of 4,317
Well. It is more a matter of sound preference. The CKM50 represents more of a fun sound signature. Yes the bass is a bit boomy but electronica and hiphop sounds better with a bit boomy bass.  There are guys that didn't like the bright sound signature on the isurus. And even the SHE3580 there was many a guys that either hated their build or the sound on them. I remember a few headfiers in the beginning of this thread that wasn't too much a fan of the MP8320 as well.

I suppose trying out a earphone that matches more to what your listening to is key...I love all of em.. My listening preference is wide as how many different earphones I have.  If I like a particular type of sound an earphone has that sticks with me they will get a thread. For the most part however. Cheapos in general are plasticy tinny sounding or has nothing to do with good sounds. Those get no mention and there are too many of them to list.

In the end if you guys hear your tunes correct using one or several of these that are on the threads. Thats the bottom line. .Sometimes thats hard to do even with much more expensive stuff.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #1,734 of 4,317
I think they sound pretty good actually. Somehow I was expecting more from them. Much a do about bass end which is neutral at best. They don't do anything wrong but ultimately sound thin in comparison to dynamic earphones. I am too used to dynamics I suppose..

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,735 of 4,317

Quote:
I feel so stupid buying my crappy TF10's from a legend in the IEM industry, then having them made into customs, when all I had to do was buy a pair of $9 delivered headphones. Jerry, you have scammed us all.

Until you've tried it...

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #1,736 of 4,317
I had a pair arrive today,

Man......I can't stop smiling, from the second I put these on, these things are excellent! the mids just drool lushness, highs are right in place where they should be. I have them playing Burial Untrue and they're just eating it up flawlessly. The detail is probably the best I've heard yet on this album. Man oh man. What a little gem these are. I actually like the very neutral bass, it just sits where it's meant to producing the track how it should sound.

I'm pretty chuffed! 

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #1,737 of 4,317
Hey guys,

I had to sign up and say thanks for all the reviews on these. I bit the bullet for two of them and after some fiddling, I am very impressed. I have issues getting a good fit and seal with these because of how big they are, it limits how car in the canal they can go. I pulled off these silicone tips from my wife's Philips Specked IEM's and its the best fit Ive gotten so far. These do leave a bit to be desired in the low end IMO but the clarity makes up for it in my book. THanks again

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #1,738 of 4,317
^Like how the oranges match^ 
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,739 of 4,317
I don't know about the rest of you but I get nervous when I have a good seal and the IEM is bassy.  I feel as is the bass could puncture/damage my ear drum if you get a blast of sound accidentally.  Be careful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back