The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Jan 25, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #1,353 of 4,317
The large shure olives works quite well for me since the stem of the mp8320 isnt too long and the housing is huge my usual small tips (sony hybrids, shure black silicone) did not seal well. But usually large/medium tips should give you a good seal, unless you normally use large tips then you could try those DIY molds.

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #1,354 of 4,317
Quote:
The only qualm I have is that the left ear is slightly louder than the right, so I'm going to order a couple more pairs.

This is actually a very common problem with cheaper ear phones. I have this problem except my right is slightly louder then left (2db maybe?).
But I haven't read about anyone else having this problem. Maybe it's just the recent batch that went in stock and they didn't test them as well as the previous batch? Anyone else have this problem?

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #1,355 of 4,317

Quote:
This is actually a very common problem with cheaper ear phones. I have this problem except my right is slightly louder then left (2db maybe?).
But I haven't read about anyone else having this problem. Maybe it's just the recent batch that went in stock and they didn't test them as well as the previous batch? Anyone else have this problem?

i will post when i get mine in a couple days. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #1,356 of 4,317

Quote:

Do you notice with the music off, that the side that's slightly quieter also lets in more ambient noise? I noticed that with mine tonight at the gym. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #1,357 of 4,317

Do you notice with the music off, that the side that's slightly quieter also lets in more ambient noise? I noticed that with mine tonight at the gym. 

What do you mean? If it is quieter of course you will hear more stuff from outside. if they weren't playing anything(the only good way to test that) have you tried using other tips?

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #1,358 of 4,317

Quote:
What do you mean? If it is quieter of course you will hear more stuff from outside. if they weren't playing anything(the only good way to test that) have you tried using other tips?

Read carefully.. I said more ambient noise from the earpiece that's quieter, meaning one lets in more ambient noise than the other, which also happens to be the quieter side. I'm not talking about the seal from the tip either, I'm talking about the earpiece itself. If one is maybe vented more than the other, which would allow volume to escape, and which would explain why more ambient noise is let in by that side.

I've switched earpieces from ear to ear, so it's not just a seal issue, it's the earpiece itself.

Jan 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,359 of 4,317

Quote:
Read carefully.. I said more ambient noise from the earpiece that's quieter, meaning one lets in more ambient noise than the other, which also happens to be the quieter side. I'm not talking about the seal from the tip either, I'm talking about the earpiece itself. If one is maybe vented more than the other, which would allow volume to escape, and which would explain why more ambient noise is let in by that side.

I've switched earpieces from ear to ear, so it's not just a seal issue, it's the earpiece itself.

hmm that last sentence....i need to see if this is true myself. oh and a question for all of you. how do these respond to good amping...say FiiO bass boosting :D

Also got the SoundMAgic Pl11 (SEnnheiser CX300 sound equivalent) with the e17 bundle. it's 12 Ohms and has max raing of 15mW............i hope i do not make this thing explode.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,360 of 4,317

Quote:

great :D ...i read that in this thread the bass should be a bit better. but i think....amp it and EQ it would be best...but really mhtn....if it doesn't reach the level of where you want..... I'm sure...im really sure you will get Buyer's remorse since those $7.11 earbuds' couldn't whip out bass like the $350 AHD2000's.... jk. :D

Oops, forgot that these cost only $9 shipped :)  When I first put them on, I was taken aback at how natural these sounded despite of lacking a little bit bass impact.  I have had other el cheapo IEM's  and all sound veiled and muffled even though they all cost $10 or more.  The only other decent set of IEM's is the Yuin PK3's and these cost 6 times as much but did perform any better than the 8320's - well maybe a little bit better in the bass department but costs much more.  These are definitely a good find.  These sound and look anything but cheap.  Thanks, Dnuts!

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,361 of 4,317

Quote:
Oops, forgot that these cost only $9 shipped :)  When I first put them on, I was taken aback at how natural these sounded despite of lacking a little bit bass impact.  I have had other el cheapo IEM's  and all sound veiled and muffled even though they all cost $10 or more.  The only other decent set of IEM's is the Yuin PK3's and these cost 6 times as much but did perform any better than the 8320's - well maybe a little bit better in the bass department but costs much more.  These are definitely a good find.  These sound and look anything but cheap.  Thanks, Dnuts!

haha. its good being brought back to reality sometimes..:D i'll be hapy to hear these soon

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #1,362 of 4,317

Quote:

Lol.Ya I am glad you guys are liking these..I was as surprised as all you guys. Probably even more so as I didn't think anyone would believe me how good these sound.. I was suggesting these on these threads way before this thread to guys that wanted a good sounding cheaper Iem and it was met with crickets. lol!.$7.11 iems. The silence was funny actually . Everyone would just ignore my post and then suggest the usual suspects.. I still get a chuckle out of that. One if these days I will have to find those posts and post them here for you guys to read.

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #1,363 of 4,317
I have to ask if they look like space ships sticking out of your ears? They do look alien like.
gs1000.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,364 of 4,317
If anybody likes rock, hard rock, classic rock and 80s glam rock bands along with metal of Metallica, Iron Maiden etc, you gotta do yourself a favor and pick these bad boys. Pick one and a spare.

I am listening to some Bryan Adams of 80s and these phones just shine, out of all my iems these do rock music the best. Even better than TF10s.

What an amazing value, $7 phones giving this amazing joy in music.

Jan 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #1,365 of 4,317

Quote:
If anybody likes rock, hard rock, classic rock and 80s glam rock bands along with metal of Metallica, Iron Maiden etc, you gotta do yourself a favor and pick these bad boys. Pick one and a spare.

I am listening to some Bryan Adams of 80s and these phones just shine, out of all my iems these do rock music the best. Even better than TF10s.

What an amazing value, $7 phones giving this amazing joy in music.

lol gotta love it. I hated those blasted things, especially for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back