The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 10, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #886 of 4,317
These are $7.11......

Anyhow, sitting on the couch listening to Humble Pie - "Town and Country" and I am really enjoying it on the 8320's.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #887 of 4,317
These are really strange, I myself was a sceptic at the beginning, but after letting them grow on me they really started to shine. Just give them two days of listening to them for long periods of time before reviewing them. Burn in didn't help them but listening to them did.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #888 of 4,317

Quote:
These are really strange, I myself was a sceptic at the beginning, but after letting them grow on me they really started to shine. Just give them two days of listening to them for long periods of time before reviewing them. Burn in didn't help them but listening to them did.

Just like the GR07, you need to give them time to show you what they can do.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #889 of 4,317
I appreciate your review there Lazuline..Hmmm mid bass bloat? That is strange to me as I hear none of it. I just got the CC51s and I don't know if you have ever listen to those but that is the very definition of mid bass bloat. These to my ears are very well balanced where it counts.  I suppose everyone hears a sound differently.. So yours is valid.. I think you are the very first and the only person to mention mid bass bloat actually.   If this mid bass bloat was present I don't know if I would have been so impressed with these to be honest.. Could be source as well. But you gave it a go which I do appreciate..

I also know that the more you listen to these the more qualities you will hear in them.. I think for the guys that might be conflicted on one view or another on them.. Heck I say get one and judge for yourself.  I can safely say these will be worth trying out for you.. Mileage may vary but worth spending the cash to find out imo. Everyone hears these differently but one thing we all agree on is they are good to great depending on how you hear it. That alone is worth your hard earned $7.11

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #891 of 4,317
The mids are liquid and engaging , the highs subdued but pleasant... but you get to the bottom and if you're used to neutral bass, it's midbass city... I can tolerate it for a while, but I start  to get a headache after more than an hour of listening. I mean, they advertise these as enhanced-bass earphones, so you kind of expect it going in.

Most likely there is no QC, rather they are ordered from an earphone parts catalog similar to Skullcandy, would be my assumption.

Thanks for the detailed review.  You just saved me $7.11!  I'll put $2 with that pick up a sixer of Sierra Celebration ale today.  The mid bass hump doesn't sound like anything I'd be interested in.

Sources for evaluation were laptop > Fubar200/vlc/winamp > Flac > udac 2 > (with and without a 75 ohm adapter) 8320, a fourth gen ipod nano, ipad 2, & htc evo 4g. With modest EQ I couldn't erase the hump, and I generally prefer not to have to EQ.

Compared to another under $10 IEM, the meelec m6, the m6 are a boomy mess. However, the treble on the m6 is so sparkly it's saccharine (I always assumed this was a plus for electronica).

Like I said in the review, the bass is similar in quantity and impact to the mid-range Klipsch S4, but the s4 are boomier sounding, perhaps because of the hollowed out midrange on the s4.

Compared to the MTPC there's more quantity and impact (kind of what I imagined the Golds would sound like), I find myself less fatigued on the Coppers. However, the more I think about it the more I realize this is probably because of the mids rather than the mid-bass. I have the same problem with the a151 -- they're kind of shouty (the a151).

Compared to pretty much every analytical BA IEM I've owned/heard the 8320 are bass heavy. The W4R sounds absolutely polite in comparison. It's gives more of a bass nudge than bass slam on most songs, but throw rap/electronica their way and you have more than enough quality low end to get you tapping your feet (not quite fist pumping).

The 8320 are pretty much always "on", you can't get rid of that mid-bass emphasis.

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more with your review. I am coming from the GR07, and I'm allergic to bloated mid-bass. I found the turbines disgusting to listen to. If anything, these have a great balance of mid and sub-bass. You described the mids well, but not the highs. What source were you using? Did you even try the stock eq settings on your player?

I just listened to Michael Buble's "Call Me Irresponsible" album, and it sounded beautiful on the 8320. Like I posted earlier, I'm using reversed comply T500s, and the loudness eq setting on my iphone. I urge you to play around with them a few more days and evaluate it again.

I think I might just be the first "bass-adverse" person weighing in... I would consider my MTPC basshead IEMs, and even the HD-25-I-II kind of tire me out a bit.

Quote:
I appreciate your review there Lazuline..Hmmm mid bass bloat? That is strange to me as I hear none of it. I just got the CC51s and I don't know if you have ever listen to those but that is the very definition of mid bass bloat. These to my ears are very well balanced where it counts.  I suppose everyone hears a sound differently.. So yours is valid.. I think you are the very first and the only person to mention mid bass bloat actually.   If this mid bass bloat was present I don't know if I would have been so impressed with these to be honest.. Could be source as well. But you gave it a go which I do appreciate..

I also know that the more you listen to these the more qualities you will hear in them.. I think for the guys that might be conflicted on one view or another on them.. Heck I say get one and judge for yourself.  I can safely say these will be worth trying out for you.. Mileage may vary but worth spending the cash to find out imo. Everyone hears these differently but one thing we all agree on is they are good to great depending on how you hear it. That alone is worth your hard earned $7.11
darthsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #892 of 4,317
@ Richard, Both will work. It just comes down to a matter of if you want to spend 2X more for just tips. I am using those monster tips myself and I like them over the Sony hybrids but the hybrids will work just fine as well. That is up to you.

@Lazuline I see what you mean.. I suppose these are bit north of an absolute flat response but I suppose it is more of a sound signature preference than anything. I remember towards the beginning of the thread xedjflowx was saying these were too bass light. That being said you should try eqing these to your sound preference you will be surprised.. I don't have another iem/headphone minus one FXC51 that eQs so well.  I can get the Mp 8320 to absolutely thump in my skull or become as flat a sound as it goes. It is quite amazing actually.. I like throwing a bit of a w Eq for hiphop and trance..The opposite I think if you lower the bass end a notch it might be more toward your sound signature.. Give that a go. I would also advise to try out your amps if you have any. These on a little amp and I don't care what anyone here says, these will keep up with anything..

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #893 of 4,317

Quote:
@ Richard, Both will work. It just comes down to a matter of if you want to spend 2X more for just tips. I am using those monster tips myself and I like them over the Sony hybrids but the hybrids will work just fine as well. That is up to you.

Why do you prefer the monsters?  Comfort, isolation, sound?  I suppose I could order both, but that seems a bit wasteful.

thanks for publicizing these phones.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #894 of 4,317
Quote:
The mids are liquid and engaging,

if you're used to neutral bass, it's midbass city...

so sparkly it's saccharine

pretty much always "on"

I think I might be the first "bass-adverse" person...

good review style keep it up.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #895 of 4,317
I like the quality of the Monster tips more so.  In that sampler pack it comes with both Gel type and foam type..    The tip quality is very solid and this pack has a big variety in sizes so if you have more than one IEM as most of you guys do. I think you would benefit from these a bit more. .The hybrids are good but they are really no different than my mod I did at the beginning of the thread..It is the standard rubber tips but with a bit of foam underneath them.. The Monster tips also have a lining inside them that does not absorb any type of sound. I found this to be true in that they actually emit a bit more bass out of them which was in line with that it says on the packaging.. I know these cost 2X more than the actual Mp 8320s but so far I honestly think these are worth the money spent for great fit, more comfort as the tips stay on the tip of the iem and don't slide, and adds just a bit more sound too..

I know the comply tips will also sound great on the Mp8320s as well...But so far for me at least these are the best fitting best sounding that I have found for them.

Dec 10, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #896 of 4,317
Oh man this tune sounds so damn good on the Mp 8320. Just freaking amazing.!
..can I get a woot!
Throw this on your 8320 Thats and order! Hope you all hear what I'm hearing. These kick *****..

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #900 of 4,317
I just received mine in the mail... what the hell Nutman? I'm definitely not the first to say it, but these sound fantastic! You now have me questioning a LOT of my in-ears. I believe in Ds nuts! *wish I had a nickel for every time I said said* 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back