The Monoprice MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club..
Dec 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #856 of 4,317

Quote:

GR07 > Mep-933 without a doubt. And the gap is huge IMO. The monoprices sound ok though, remind me a lot of the Xears XB120Pro.

Well I know that 
tongue.gif

What I meant was how the signatures compare. I want to mak sure I'm not the only one hearing what I do. I already said the GR07 is about 5 times more refined than the 8320. What do you think?

Dec 9, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #858 of 4,317

Quote:
What source/amp are you using, Heat?

Hi eke,

atm, Clip+ (R'boxed), lossless, no EQ....I have about 180 tracks on shuffle on it with various genres.  It's my first go-to dap when I get new phones.  I'm liking the sound.  I believe I read about sibilance with these out of the box, however the "sssssss" are behaving themselves so far...

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #859 of 4,317

Quote:
Definitely much more refined, though I cant say they have the same signature (MP sounds abit more mid-recessed to me)

Yeah, the mids are a little recessed, but not like the TF10. By similar signature, I meant that the 8320 is more balanced than a lot of earphones in the price range

Quote:
Hi eke,

atm, Clip+ (R'boxed), lossless, no EQ....I have about 180 tracks on shuffle on it with various genres.  It's my first go-to dap when I get new phones.  I'm liking the sound.  I believe I read about sibilance with these out of the box, however the "sssssss" are behaving themselves so far...

Don't be afraid to play around with eq. The massive drivers these seem to tolerate it more than others.

Lossless? what size card are you using? I have a 4gb clip+ with an 8gb card sitting in my drawer not getting any use.

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #860 of 4,317

Quote:
Don't be afraid to play around with eq. The massive drivers these seem to tolerate it more than others.

Lossless? what size card are you using? I have a 4gb clip+ with an 8gb card sitting in my drawer not getting any use.

No card, I have an 8gb Clip+ and right now it has 181 single tracks all lossless.  I'm sure a lot more can fit w/ 8Gb.  I have 25 Opeth songs alone and they run on average 9-14 minutes in length each, as well as a bunch of trance original mixes which also take up space (8-11 min. each)....

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #862 of 4,317

Quote:

No card, I have an 8gb Clip+ and right now it has 181 single tracks all lossless.  I'm sure a lot more can fit w/ 8Gb.  I have 25 Opeth songs alone and they run on average 9-14 minutes in length each, as well as a bunch of trance original mixes which also take up space (8-11 min. each)....

Cool. I might have to dust mine off and see how much I can fit on there

Dec 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #863 of 4,317

Quote:
It's about damn time you got some Mp 8320s. Heat! Give them the burn and listen to your favorite trance on them.  See what you think.

They are sounding good indeed.....Here is the second song I listened to on them...It's a great remix...
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #866 of 4,317
Eh, I have a 3.5mm plug extension cable. They aren't that expensive, maybe I can splice in a potentiometer (after figuring out how to solder the cable, headphone cables are nearly impossible for me @.@)  Any reason (besides having to use twice as many) to splice it into the ground wire rather than the left and right signal wires separately?

they get in the signal path, stuff in signal path=bad in all sorts of ways. Also unless less you hand match them with expensive equipment that measures a lot more than just resistance, there will be channel imbalances. I also don't see any good that could come of it.

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #867 of 4,317
God, I love Dash Berlin! And don't even get me started with Armada! Thank you for the great shares, by the way. 
smile.gif
 I'm honestly very eager to give these a listen, but not before my IE80's, which should also be here within the next 2 weeks. 
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #868 of 4,317
My favorite Dash song even though its just the vocal over RAM's RAMsterdam 

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #870 of 4,317
I will give it to the 8320 as it does work well with edm of all types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back